OT: And now we return to our regularly scheduled program

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

I wonder if they will finally try and cancel Eddie for reprising the Jewish character again.

The trailer does look like it may be good but I hope its not a disappointment.

Reactions: Slangston

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Oh, you jerks, just build where you say you're going to build.

I'm working from home with my metered, typically sub-1Mbps* hotspot connection that craps out a dozen times a day. Time warner tells us "we're building out your way next summer!" every year, so we're left holding out hope for Elon to hold it together and hook us up to the satellites. It'll be strange to come back to the same planet that everyone else is on.

*Metered, so when it hits a strong 2-3Mbps it's anxiety inducing because that means you're running towards that wall.
Do you have T-Mobile coverage? I have Mint Mobile which uses T-Mobile's network.
Cell Phone Plans with Unlimited Talk, Text & Data | Mint Mobile
For the unlimited plan they drop the speed once you hit 35GB, but it's still faster a lot faster than what you're getting.
I had to tether off it for 3 months and never had a problem. The 4G is basically broadband.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Do you have T-Mobile coverage? I have Mint Mobile which uses T-Mobile's network.
Cell Phone Plans with Unlimited Talk, Text & Data | Mint Mobile
For the unlimited plan they drop the speed once you hit 35GB, but it's still faster a lot faster than what you're getting.
I had to tether off it for 3 months and never had a problem. The 4G is basically broadband.
T-Mobile is a good thought, but the homestead's on a limited coverage square and surrounded by a few no coverage squares, so it looks like it might be basing that on topology. The tower in town is verizon and we have a verizon hotspot and an iphone though (verizon mnvo) visible. Visible's line is unlimited, but most of the day it's hunting to find signal. The dedicated hotspot finds it a little better. When the unlimited one hits, it's really awesome--I go to the threads with imbedded tweets and read them all, maybe run some updates and fun stuff like that.
I may have brainwashed the six year old because yesterday he said "maybe it's good we have bad internet, dad. It is a chance to practice patience." Actually, it's more likely he was mocking me.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
T-Mobile is a good thought, but the homestead's on a limited coverage square and surrounded by a few no coverage squares, so it looks like it might be basing that on topology. The tower in town is verizon and we have a verizon hotspot and an iphone though (verizon mnvo) visible. Visible's line is unlimited, but most of the day it's hunting to find signal. The dedicated hotspot finds it a little better. When the unlimited one hits, it's really awesome--I go to the threads with imbedded tweets and read them all, maybe run some updates and fun stuff like that.
I may have brainwashed the six year old because yesterday he said "maybe it's good we have bad internet, dad. It is a chance to practice patience." Actually, it's more likely he was mocking me.
Back in the pioneer days when this great land was being settled, farmers would get on the roofs of barns and hunters would climb trees and mountains with their cell phones to get a good signal.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
As if 2020 could get any worse we just got hit with a rather long earthquake. No damage to my house but will need to monitor pool to check water levels, however my friends in the Olongapo / Subic area got hit hard.

** Double hit 6.5 and 6.2 about 30 miles apart in Batangas (50miles SW of Manila)

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
tumblr_inline_p7gvlickzc1r9x60h_500.gifv

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Hope everyone enjoys the holiday season and stays safe without losing their mind. Next year should be a little better and the year after that fully back to normal.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Anyone have experience getting cards graded? How was the process for you, and did you think it was worthwhile?
I have been looking in to it since I had to get all of mine out of storage and I went and talked to my local card shop, PSC is the premier grading company, but they are in high demand right now and taking 6 months or so to grade cards.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I have been looking in to it since I had to get all of mine out of storage and I went and talked to my local card shop, PSC is the premier grading company, but they are in high demand right now and taking 6 months or so to grade cards.

Damn. That's a long turn around.

I have some 1st edition pokemon cards from high school. Checked on eBay and the graded ones of what I have are going for 5 figures.

Reactions: cybresabre

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Damn. That's a long turn around.

I have some 1st edition pokemon cards from high school. Checked on eBay and the graded ones of what I have are going for 5 figures.
The projected value of the card will also affect how much you have to pay to get it graded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad