OT: And now we return to our regularly scheduled program

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Things you do while working from home: watch a documentary on Flat Earthers.

Reactions: jc17

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I have a Roku Streaming Stick and a Roku Ultra in different rooms. I have no issues with either, both have been great for me.

Reactions: sabremike

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Behind the Curve on Netflix, I think it's a few years old at this point.
is that the one where they legit prove the earth is round and then pull some mental gymnastics to convince themselves that their test was inconclusive? If so, great documentary with a solid message built around the whole movement.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I'm pretty sure thats the one I watched.

One of the things that I did like about it was how they portrayed it socially. Flat earthers are an easy target and it would be easy to make a documentary just dumping on them, but I thought they did a really nice job of showing how many of those people were looking for a sense of community somewhere, which led them to to that group.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Things you do while working from home: watch a documentary on Flat Earthers.

I'm pretty sure thats the one I watched.

One of the things that I did like about it was how they portrayed it socially. Flat earthers are an easy target and it would be easy to make a documentary just dumping on them, but I thought they did a really nice job of showing how many of those people were looking for a sense of community somewhere, which led them to to that group.

The flat earth society proudly proclaims they have members all around the globe...

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
is that the one where they legit prove the earth is round and then pull some mental gymnastics to convince themselves that their test was inconclusive? If so, great documentary with a solid message built around the whole movement.

Haha, yeah. They do tests to find curvature in the Earth hoping that there wouldn't be any. Then when they found out there is, they just sort of ignore it and say it doesn't mean anything. :laugh:

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Isn't the point of the flat earthers to practice sophistry?

For a lot of them, yes. Some of them are genuinely trying to prove flat Earth via science, but all their scientific experiments end up disproving it...then they ignore the result.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
For a lot of them, yes. Some of them are genuinely trying to prove flat Earth via science, but all their scientific experiments end up disproving it...then they ignore the result.

To quote the great one: You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
For those who are fans of Good Eats/Alton Brown, he is doing a live stream on YouTube on Tuesday nights at 7:00 pm eastern with his wife, knocking around their kitchen. They've done two so far, it's fun if nothing else.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
For those who are fans of Good Eats/Alton Brown, he is doing a live stream on YouTube on Tuesday nights at 7:00 pm eastern with his wife, knocking around their kitchen. They've done two so far, it's fun if nothing else.

The champagne bottle didn't go over so well. :laugh:

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad