OT: And now we return to our regularly scheduled program

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Oh I totally get it. I'm very middle aged and have been gaming so long I don't think I'll ever stop. But I'm definitely not like I once was. And you're right in some respects. The gaming world isn't the same. But in some ways it is better. I was just telling someone today about how I was the first kid on my block to have the Legend of Zelda because my older sister's boyfriend was trying to impress her so he bought me the game.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I didn't get a ps4 until my friends goaded me into it when Fortnite came out. It had been since ps2 since I had a console. The ps5 is just such a huge step up with ssd and the new controller, I wanted in. Funny how I almost never play fornite now unless its with my nephews. Those kids are BEASTS at the game!
Only reason I have an Xbox One is my buddy upgraded to a Xbox One X so I traded him some stuff for the old one, but joke was on him cause I converted him to the PC Master Race so that fancy One X started collecting dust almost immediately.

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
The producers over at 'Family Feud' are looking for Buffalo-area constestants.

I wonder if Steve Harvey has ever seen a family full of ginger kids?

Reactions: sabremike

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Watched Game 6 of the 2000 Cups Series between the Stars and Devils. I don't think Scott Stevens could be any more underrated. I'd give anything for the Sabres to have that type of stalwart defensively on the back end.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
IMG_20201125_213621.png

Reactions: missingmika

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Ordered a covid test yesterday and was surprised by them coming by today already. How effective! The taxi driver who administered the test by leaving/collecting it outside the door was really serious about his task and ran the stairs to save time.

Now here's the catch: it turns out the time for them to actually give me a result could be over two weeks!?! I mean, what's the bloody point then? I guess it's nice to know if I had it or not but it would be nice for my partner to know in order to inform her workplaces (school psychologist more or less forced to go to work only because the teachers don't think it's fair otherwize...)

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
My son played against Brind'Amour's kid this weekend. We lost to them but my son did well against his son, shut him down for the most part while scoring himself. They had an all '10 team and we are almost all '11s.

Brind'Amour was coaching his son's team. His nose is as big as advertised.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
ISRIB, the next big thing. It's been receiving a lot of press for its ability to reverse memory loss, but the number of potential applications is limitless. The compound was developed as part of a life extension project. Clinical trials in humans haven't begun yet. Licensing rights are owned by Calico, which is a division of Alphabet, owned by Google.

Drug Reverses Age-Related Mental Decline Within Days In Mice
Drug Reverses Memory Failure Caused by Traumatic Brain Injury
Resetting proteostasis with ISRIB prevents pulmonary fibrosis | Request PDF
Drug Makes Prostate Cancer Cells Self-Destruct
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=isrib+clinical+trial&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
ISRIB, the next big thing. It's been receiving a lot of press for its ability to reverse memory loss, but the number of potential applications is limitless. The compound was developed as part of a life extension project. Clinical trials in humans haven't begun yet. Licensing rights are owned by Calico, which is a division of Alphabet, owned by Google.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=isrib+clinical+trial&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart
Perhaps a ~60-year update on “Flowers for Algernon”...

Reactions: Buffaloed

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo

Google Scholar
we're entering a new era of medicine now that rna vaccines have been accepted into the cannon. crispr based immunotherapy is at a takeoff point with many breakthrough treatments reaching important stages in clinical trials and really wowing, data wise. imo things like cancer will be a thing of the past within the next 20 years. we are already basically about to cure sickle cell anemia and t1 diabetes, for starters. sky is the limit in this area of science

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad