OT: And now we return to our regularly scheduled program

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Nope, my giraffes got MOAR GIRAFFES!
View attachment 380360
Those look like the kind of giraffes one would find in Tijuana.

zonkeys-tijuana-mexico-e1599478256508.jpg

https://theculturetrip.com/north-am...s-became-tijuanas-hottest-tourist-attraction/

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Well I'm not paying 4 figures on getting a pokemon card graded. Some of the OPC Gretzky rookies I have kicking around, though? Hah
Not trying question the degree our fine university gave me, but wouldn't selling something for 5 figures worth it?
My kid pulled a "charizard & braixen gx tag team" card, are we rich?

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Not trying question the degree our fine university gave me, but wouldn't selling something for 5 figures worth it?
My kid pulled a "charizard & braixen gx tag team" card, are we rich?

I don't know that they're in good enough shape to be graded high enough to justify, so it would be a big gamble. They're probably more like 8s than 9.5s.

I don't know anything about the game anymore. Last time I played was when it first started lol

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I don't know that they're in good enough shape to be graded high enough to justify, so it would be a big gamble. They're probably more like 8s than 9.5s.

I don't know anything about the game anymore. Last time I played was when it first started lol
Some card shops can give you a little consultation on card grading might be worth it to call around to get a set of eyes on them.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Well **** the Mrs is being laid off for at least January because her job is projecting to be very slow during that time. It is always the slow month for her industry but COVID is probably going to make it horribly slow.

Thankfully I can keep us afloat with my income but not having hers will allow for nothing to savings, no extras etc.

I know others have it much worse than us, but being hit by this still sucks.

I guess I can look on the bright side of this:
1) My 7 year old daughter is full remote for at least next week and this allows my wife to help her keep the schedule for full remote.
2) My wife has been getting frustrated with her boss and this will allow her time to properly look for a new job.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Spectrum says it will double internet speeds in Buffalo, several other markets
Spectrum says it has doubled the starting download speed of its internet product from 100 to 200 Mbps in 17 markets across the U.S. That includes Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany and Elmira in New York state.

There won't be any price change. They can afford to do this simply by discontinuing the troves of marketing material they send me every month. My download speed in Niagara Falls is 115-120 Mbps. My phone is actually slightly faster on wifi than the pc wired connection.

They did upgrade Niagara Falls. My download speed is well over 200 Mbps now.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Strongly disagree that my comment was political discussion. It's a textbook definition. But hey, not like this isn't one of the darkest moments in the nation's history or anything.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
For years I had a chiropractor who thought I was ticklish, because when he would adjust my f'd up neck I would laugh. About four years along, I revealed to him that I laugh when I am in pain.
Pretty much. I just reached the point where I decided that sitting around all day being angry at Idiocracy comes to life was doing me no good mentally or physically.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Talked with one of my mentors today, who fought in Vietnam. He said he’s not really worried. He said the last 60s and early 70s were way worse.

I’m hopeful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->