OT: And now we return to our regularly scheduled program

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I made a Sabres / Sweden? kite! You can't tell from the picture, but it is 88 inches tall and 97.5 inches wide.

50474474917_7a85ed9092_b.jpg
Boy, that's a big kite. ~7' x ~8'. Bigger than a hockey goal. Can it see better than Carter Hutton?

Just when we thought 2020 couldn't get any worse, the Zamboni apocalypse has begun.
This is candidate for Post of the Year!!! Or at least Post of the Pandemic!!!

The video cut off, but did the driver go back into the
"tunnel" before hopping off? I hope the driver was okay and not hurt. Did you hear about the Zamboni driver who went missing? They figure he'll resurface eventually.

Reactions: Montag DP

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Boy, that's a big kite. ~7' x ~8'. Bigger than a hockey goal. Can it see better than Carter Hutton?
I don't know, but maybe our D could hit it from the blue line. In seriousness, I made the kite to lift a camera to take aerial photos. Bigger is better if you want to be able to lift in light winds.

The video cut off, but did the driver go back into the
"tunnel" before hopping off? I hope the driver was okay and not hurt. Did you hear about the Zamboni driver who went missing? They figure he'll resurface eventually.
:laugh:

Reactions: brian_griffin

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

When I get an email that in our school district a bus driver was driving drunk this morning.

:madfire:

Update: my son's bus drove past him this morning and his mom had to drive him to school. I wonder if it was his bus...

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

When I get an email that in our school district a bus driver was driving drunk this morning.

Update: my son's bus drove past him this morning and his mom had to drive him to school. I wonder if it was his bus...

In keeping with the theme, a teacher at my son’s HS has been suspended “pending the outcome of a police investigation”. :thumbd:

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport

Never experienced a drunk bus driver during my years in school, but when I was in ~6th grade the principal of my school was let go because they found the stash of booze he kept in his office and that he was regularly partaking during the school day.

In keeping with the theme, a teacher at my son’s HS has been suspended “pending the outcome of a police investigation”. :thumbd:

I remember a teacher at my high school ended up under police investigation, which they tried to keep quiet from the students. Which of course meant we all knew.
It turns out he had been making inappropriate comments to the girls in his classes. Which lead to complaints to the police and them starting to look into him. Which lead to them finding a lot of very inappropriate pictures and videos in his possession.

No police investigation of a teacher is good but hoping it isn’t something along those lines at your kid’s school.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

The most important question is, was the driver wearing a mask?

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Anyone here collect old beer steins, got all my grandfathers out of storage, got some Japanese, West German, English and Swiss made ones.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Maybe I will become a Mets fan again, but it's been so long I think I lost my love of the game.
MLB owners, Mayor Bill de Blasio approve Steve Cohen's purchase of mets

They extorted him thoroughly. :laugh:
— Steven Cohen will donate $17.5 million to programs developed by the City to make grants to local area small businesses to assist them in these uniquely troubling times. This tax deductible donation would be received and held by the New York City Economic Development Corporation.
— We plan to dramatically increase the giving of the Mets Foundation in the coming years, with priority given to non-profits and causes in communities surrounding Citi Field.
— All Mets employees, including unionized groundskeepers, security guards and engineers, will received reinstituted pre-pandemic salaries as of November 1, reversing the 5-30% salary cut implemented in March. The value of this commitment is over $7 million.
— We will establish a new seasonal employee relief fund under which the approximately 1,000 employees who work at the stadium as employees of sub-contractors would be eligible to receive $500 per month from November 1 until opening day. The value of this commitment is approximately $2.5 million.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Douglas Jemal makes his move to gain control of the Hyatt Regency Buffalo

Jemal currently owns Seneca One Tower, Statler City Complex, Rock Industrial Incubator complex, the old BPD headquarters, the old Hook & Ladder No. 8 building, and the Boulevard Mall.
He recently bought a mansion on Nottingham Terrace. Looks like he's here to stay.

Developer Speaks Candidly About Projects in Buffalo in 1-on-1
So, how can he afford to just buy all these buildings?

"Maybe I make money. Maybe I'm financially secure. I'll start something, I will finish it. I'll do the best of my ability and I'll never quit," said Jemal.

He's not worried about maintaining the Jemal family lifestyle.

I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a role in building a new arena/stadium. He seems to have a good relationship with the Pegulas. They worked together to get the Blue Jays here. He's worth around $5 billion
Seneca One developer Douglas Jemal buys historic former firehouse | GAR Associates | NY Real Estate Appraisal and Market Analysis Firm.
"Jemal noted that “it’s (the old firehouse) small” but has “unlimited potential,” calling it “a unique piece of property” and “a jewel.” He said he envisions a “cool bar and three to four residential units” if “the football stadium comes downtown, which I think it will.”

He took a run at a project to refurbish the Richmond Coliseum
Douglas Development offers to buy, redevelop Navy Hill site - Richmond BizSense

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Man what a cluster duck. Target website went down as people were trying to finish paying for ps5s last night. Came back up 30 mins later and I was able to get one. Roller coaster!

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Man what a cluster duck. Target website went down as people were trying to finish paying for ps5s last night. Came back up 30 mins later and I was able to get one. Roller coaster!

I sort of wish I still cared about that kind of stuff. It was kind of fun going to midnight releases of games and consoles back in the day.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
As storms go, Eta was not too bad here.
I’ve been in Orlando since last Friday. Remnants of Eta passing through this AM, also hitting our daughter in Savannah and our son back home in North Carolina. That’s over 600 miles.

We got slammed with a second typhoon in a little over a week. Manila was flooded, lots of homes shown with only roof visible. The super typhoon at Cat 5 fortunately hit a sparsely populated area so damage wasn't too severe but this Cat 3 tore things up
Honduras in Central America hit with 30” rain and the next tropical depression set to drop another 18”. Incredible. Four feet in ~1 week.

Last edited:

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I’ve been in Orlando since last Friday. Remnants of Eta passing through this AM, also hitting our daughter in Savannah and our son back home in North Carolina. That’s over 600 miles.

Honduras in Central America hit with 30” rain and the next tropical depression set to drop another 18”. Incredible. Four feet in ~1 week.
Send some of that rain here.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland

That will be devastating there, should be tons of mudslides with entire populations displaced.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
I sort of wish I still cared about that kind of stuff. It was kind of fun going to midnight releases of games and consoles back in the day.

I didn't get a ps4 until my friends goaded me into it when Fortnite came out. It had been since ps2 since I had a console. The ps5 is just such a huge step up with ssd and the new controller, I wanted in. Funny how I almost never play fornite now unless its with my nephews. Those kids are BEASTS at the game!

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I didn't get a ps4 until my friends goaded me into it when Fortnite came out. It had been since ps2 since I had a console. The ps5 is just such a huge step up with ssd and the new controller, I wanted in. Funny how I almost never play fornite now unless its with my nephews. Those kids are BEASTS at the game!

I never got a PS4, but I have my PS3 in storage somewhere. The only console I have at this point is my Switch, but I haven't played that since spring. I used to be really into consoles and gaming (I wrote articles and reviews for a couple different gaming sites back in the day), and somewhere along the way I just lost interest. I'm not 100% sure if it was just me getting older or gaming in general getting worse, but I like to blame the latter. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad