OT: And finally, sweet release from the grip of this eternal monster

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
In what world is Syracuse famous for salt potatoes? I've lived in central NY all my life and never heard that.

Not sure where you live. Before I moved here I knew 2 things about Syracuse. SU and that apparently they're all about adding salt to boiled potatoes.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Anyone here read the DC comic one shot Batman/Elmer Fudd crossover. The writer King somehow makes it work. Never thought it would turn out to be great.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Not to send us further OT, but I've read a few twitter rumors Butcher's being pursued heavily by Buffalo Chophouse.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Was involved in a car accident this morning. Luckily no one was injured and relatively speaking, no grave damage to either vehicle.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
doing my part to move this towards 1000 at a snails pace...

That was a good mid season finale of Fear the Walking Dead.

Now onto catching up and watching Preacher.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
A few stitches, the satisfying feel and sound of bones going crunch made me feel alive again.
What shape is the other guy in?

Cool story, but OJ was drafted in 1969.
I saw that blurb and I thought the same thing.
btw, Is the video footage of Bob Kardashian walking out of the Brentwood home with the Louis Vuitton bag, allegedly filled with OJ's bloody clothes, that generation's equivalent of the Zapruter film?

Ahem...

SHE SAID YES!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!

:yo: :yo: :handclap: :laugh: :amazed: :jump: :jump: :jump: :scared: :scared: :banana: :banana: :hockey: :cheers: :wave: :bb:
Happy for you; Congrats.

Was involved in a car accident this morning. Luckily no one was injured and relatively speaking, no grave damage to either vehicle.
Thankful to hear that.

You forgot the all important:
"she's hot, wanna share?"
Happy & thankful for you too. :naughty:;)

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
Flying out to NYC for the weekend and of course it looks like it's going to rain all day Friday. Saturday looks decent though.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Still waiting too hear back from that job. It's been two weeks. They said they'd have a candidate picked out by mid-July at the latest. I'm getting antsy, haha

Make sure to understand the health insurance benefit in addition to the salary and negotiate more salary if the health insurance package is below average. Literally thousands of dollars a years difference potentially. Also, ask for 1 week more vacation to start than is the norm. All they can do is say no.

Lastly, will you be laid off in winter, then return to work when construction resumes? Will they automatically file unemployment if so?
I know the health care is cheap as long as you take the high deductible plan. The job is fulltime, and year round.

First, you absolutely should negotiate. It's when you have the most leverage.

Second....I'd suggest knowing what the market is. For some jobs its tough to find a comparable, so perhaps look at your experience (are you entry level? experienced) and the job field you are in. For example, what is someone with similar experience/education as you getting paid in a real estate office.

Third...and perhaps most importantly, be ready to walk away if they aren't willing to work with you. If they are cheap during the offer phase (when they should be wooing you), they'll likely be cheap the whole time you are working there. Personally, I'd tend not to overshoot too much. So, lets say your goal 10% more than they offered, ask for 15% more and be willing to settle at 10%. But really, it depends on the company.

I'm definitely going to negotiate, but I will say this is the career I've been trying to get into for the past two years, so even if they don't negotiate with be is probably take the offer as long as they don't low ball me.

Did they (or the recruiter) give you a salary range? If $25 is within the salary range they gave you, it's fine. Ultimately it just depends on how much risk you want to take. If you counter with $25 and they just come back and say no, they might just look elsewhere. I always get a feel for how much the company wants to hire me and if they have any other potential candidates before I negotiate like that. If I'm relatively sure I'm the only person they're seriously looking at and they make an offer I think is too low, I'll ask for more.
They never mentioned a salary range. Would they really say 'no'? I figured at worst they'd counter by saying their original offer is their final offer. Take it or leave it, etc...

aceface33

Feb 10, 2006
Herkimer, NY
Not sure where you live. Before I moved here I knew 2 things about Syracuse. SU and that apparently they're all about adding salt to boiled potatoes.

Check my location! But no, I asked some people and apparently I'm the odd one. I just thought they sold salt potatoes everywhere, I never knew it was a Syracuse thing.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
The question really is...what was the questions?

"Can I have a kidney?"

"Do you want this twinkie"

"Butt stuff?"

You forgot the all important:
"she's hot, wanna share?"

My condolences on leaving the single life. :sarcasm:

Never change OT thread. Never change. :laugh:

Glad everyone's ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad