GWT: EPL - Matchweek 35

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Couldn't help but notice Vicario making contact with Raya in the six yard box there...
Whatever you guys can tell yourself to justify a win brought to you by the refs

Even if you can justify the goalie interference by " hurrdurr taff English footy" , the one goal difference is the missed penalty on Kulusevski and Arsenal scoring on the following play

• Haha
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013

Even if you can justify the goalie interference by " hurrdurr taff English footy" , the one goal difference is the missed penalty on Kulusevski and Arsenal scoring on the following play
1714316753016.png

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeahhhhhhhhhh boy!!!!!!!!

Always great to best these midtable clubs like it's no business.

Also, any one of you lot thinking the trossard clashing of electrons was a pen, go watch darts or the professional knitting league instead.

Reactions: KJS14

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

giphy.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I love how angry White's set piece tactics make every non-Arsenal fan here. He's absolutely distracting the goalkeeper quite amazingly and if he isn't getting called for it? Well who cares, taje advantage of it. Vicario was superb on the Saka goal, didn't even try lol. Glad we put these blokes in a spliff now expressions arrogance will get humbled for a change.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
To be fair Sean Dyche brought that tactic to the PL. You're being proud of Burnley level shithousery
Blame dark age rules instead. In all the other sports I've watched, football is the worst when it comes to protecting it's goalkeepers. But again, if the refs ain't calling it, then take advantage of it. It might win us the league bruv.

Reactions: luiginb

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Just caught the highlights.

First goal: White often fouls the keeper on corners but in that case I don't think it was. He established position in front of the keeper and just braced himself to stand there. He's entitled to keep his position if he wants and by the time the touch came he wasn't interfering with the keeper so no offside offense.

Second goal: As usual, the PL likes to complain about players diving but then repeatedly punishes them for staying on their feet. If Kulusevski goes down immediately, it's likely given either live or on VAR. But he tried to stay up so VAR doesn't give it.

Third goal: This one I think should have been given as a foul. He actually backed up into the keeper and threw him off balance. It's another case where players are punished for not flopping. If the keeper goes down when White backs into him there's an incredibly high chance the goal is waved off live. Instead he fought through it and gets zero benefit from it.

Spurs pen/second goal: Stonewall penalty. Laughable the ref didn't call it live.

The biggest thing we learn from the PL on nearly a weekly basis is that the best strategy is that if you feel *any* contact in the box you should immediately throw yourself to the ground. You will be rewarded for it far, far, far more often than not.

Reactions: JPBolts and luiginb

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm all for them to drop points at Forest, but you think City will drop points? They saw this result, they're going to be as professional as they've been the last five years. The problem is that they should already have been docked like 40 points already for this season.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm all for them to drop points at Forest, but you think City will drop points? They saw this result, they're going to be as professional as they've been the last five years. The problem is that they should already have been docked like 40 points already for this season.
I'm not even sure 40 points would be an appropriate punishment. Putting the team into administration and expulsion from the PL is a far more appropriate punishment given how extreme and pervasive the violations were.

Instead we all know what'll happen. They'll change the P&S rules then say that because of the new rules they're giving City a fine of 30 million or something stupid. Maybe they'll retroactively deduct 15 points in 17-18 or 10 points in 20-21 or 5 points last year or something that has no impact. Or maybe deduct points in years they didn't win the title so the "record book" stays the same and since the continental season is long over, it doesn't matter if they should have been in the CL or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad