OT: And finally, sweet release from the grip of this eternal monster

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Actually managed to leave work at 2:30ish today. Which means I only racked up 88 hours, instead of the 90+ that I was expecting.

That being said, opening week went really well, and I have some really good staff at my new store.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Is the new title a reference to The Defiant Ones or a coincidence? I found the series enjoyable. I was unaware of Jimmy Iovine's influence on music over the years with some interesting behind the scenes stories. The Up In Smoke tour is still one of the best of the more than 80 concerts I have attended over the years.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Is the new title a reference to The Defiant Ones or a coincidence? I found the series enjoyable. I was unaware of Jimmy Iovine's influence on music over the years with some interesting behind the scenes stories. The Up In Smoke tour is still one of the best of the more than 80 concerts I have attended over the years.

yfnhZCL.gif

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Great first episode to pull everyone back in. The ramp-up time to the action will be a lot quicker this season.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
[SPOIL] I sure hope the don't abuse the "face swap" fake out the whole season. It reminds me of the Mission Impossible movies where they kept using the "perfect face mask" switch. Arya probably isn't going to make it through the season though. [/SPOIL]

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
It was. Rest of the episode was pretty meh, but that's not unusual for the first episode. Excited for it to pick up.

[spoil]I have to admit, the Sam/Citadel scene was hilarious... it didn't fit in GoT, but I lol'd pretty hard.[/spoil]

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Some parts were excellent but overall mostly a slow going first episode table setting vibe. I would have thought that with the season being shorter and the fact that it's 7 seasons in they'd have been able to consider the table adequately set already and get into the action a bit quicker.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Had a very Harry Potter movie feel to it

[spoil]well, Sam was asking professor slughorn about something in the restricted section. Maybe it was an intentional homage. Sam does want to be a wizard afterall. Maybe they're playing on Citadel = Medieval hogwarts? lol[/spoil]

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
[spoil] I do wonder how GRRM feels about the quality of the series, especially recently where the show writers are basically driving the dialogue. For instance, the scene with the hound very much had the sensibilities of the GRRM books, but the scene between Cersei and Euron Grayjoy I thought struggled a bit. May have been the actor. [/spoil]

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
[spoil] I do wonder how GRRM feels about the quality of the series, especially recently where the show writers are basically driving the dialogue. For instance, the scene with the hound very much had the sensibilities of the GRRM books, but the scene between Cersei and Euron Grayjoy I thought struggled a bit. May have been the actor. [/spoil]

[spoil]worst scene in the episode (cersei/euron).. that was painful[/spoil]

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
RIP My Dell 2405FPW. Bought in Fall of 2005 back when online poker was still a thing. Nearly 12 years of service. If you are putting together a desktop PC, always invest in a nice monitor. A good monitor will last at least twice as long and put less strain on your eyes.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
RIP My Dell 2405FPW. Bought in Fall of 2015 back when online poker was still a thing. Nearly 12 years of service. If you are putting together a desktop PC, always invest in a nice monitor. A good monitor will last at least twice as long and put less strain on your eyes.

Why did you buy a 10yo PC?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->