Speculation: Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Nothing is more insane than Duck fans bashing Burke who was the only successful gm in Duck history and to worship Murray. I cant remember a worse pathetic trash lineup in team history. The "speed and skill" will be amazing I wont be watching this garbage

Reactions: Tony O

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Nothing is more insane than Duck fans bashing Burke who was the only successful gm in Duck history and to worship Murray. I cant remember a worse pathetic trash lineup in team history. The "speed and skill" will be amazing I wont be watching this garbage

You don't remember Pierre Gauthier?

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
You don't remember Pierre Gauthier?

He's the reason why the Ducks haven't invested as much in Russia. Legendary bad...

Burke was bad with prospect/asset management, but his strength was getting Anaheim on the map in hockey and going big acquiring the biggest stars that we have ever had, adding that truculent culture, and getting our Cup. He too was a grudge holder like Bob Murray and made bad deals from it, but we have to say he's been the best GM we have had since he actually got results and wasn't chicken in going about it. He was also fun to watch in action and in press conferences.

Bob Murray's strength was supposed to be drafting, developing, and assessing talent. A value manager. But his evaluation is degrading and hes becoming more and more of a curmudgeon. He's also just too tentative and conservative to build a champion.

I think my favorite might have been Bryan Murray. He was the best at evaluating talent. I liked how he was also a capable coach so he's wasn't just a administrator that was given privileged job. The only knock on him was he never built a champion, but got close a few times.

I'm curious who will be our next GM. We don't look like a team that would go for super young or progressive GM like the Coyotes or Leafs. We are very old school and prefer some track record even if its not very successful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony O
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Looks like Steel did indeed get sent down yesterday, along with Sherwood, Jones and Djoos. Larsson the only one that didn't but they have more than enough D without him.

I really don't get Terry going down at all. Maybe just to give Sherwood a look on a scoring line? Otherwise very odd that his first real send down(the other one was an unofficial conditioning stint) comes after his best stretch of hockey all year.

Reactions: duxfan1101

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Looks like Steel did indeed get sent down yesterday, along with Sherwood, Jones and Djoos. Larsson the only one that didn't but they have more than enough D without him.

I really don't get Terry going down at all. Maybe just to give Sherwood a look on a scoring line? Otherwise very odd that his first real send down(the other one was an unofficial conditioning stint) comes after his best stretch of hockey all year.

Only thing I can think of is to boost San Diego’s playoff chances. Obviously they’re still fighting it out for that last spot still even if they currently have the upper hand.

But that said he’s very much an NHLer at this point and we need him more than San Diego does so who knows what’s going on. Like you said it could just be temporary to give Sherwood a shot on a scoring line.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Terry has created the most offense out of any player on the roster (with rakell and getzlaf struggling) and with kase gone.

Smh.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Only thing I can think of is to boost San Diego’s playoff chances. Obviously they’re still fighting it out for that last spot still even if they currently have the upper hand.

But that said he’s very much an NHLer at this point and we need him more than San Diego does so who knows what’s going on. Like you said it could just be temporary to give Sherwood a shot on a scoring line.

Good call on that one. Timing's definitely weird but I can see the vision a bit. Terry's never really been "the" guy before(not gonna use the A-word), so it's an interesting opportunity to do that.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I'd like to try

Rakell-Getzlaf-Sherwood
Milano-Henrique-Silfverberg
Jones-Steel-Heinen
Deslauriers-Backes/Agozzino-Rowney
Backes/Agozzino

if Lindholm is out

Djoos-Manson
Larsson-Persson
Del Zotto-Irwin

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Jones Getzlaf Rakell
Milano Steel Silf
Heinen Henrique Terry
Deslauriers Backes Rowney

All lines have a puck mover, offensive zone entry player, defensive player and shooter. At least 1 driver on each line as well.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Jones Getzlaf Rakell
Milano Steel Silf
Heinen Henrique Terry
Deslauriers Backes Rowney

All lines have a puck mover, offensive zone entry player, defensive player and shooter. At least 1 driver on each line as well.

I would switch Jones and Heinen. Getz and Rakell are struggling enough lately, they don’t need a chicken with its head cut off skating on their line also.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Want to see Heinen and Terry together, maybe they have some magic from Denver if not swap it

Oct 18, 2011
This is my favorite part of the interview with Bob:

On if there was a possibility of moving a core player
Not at this time. We started down this path and there's going to be bumps. You never know where these bumps in the road and curveballs are going to come from. We've got to give them an opportunity to grow into their roles. Lets put it this way. We cant be talking about the same thing at this time next year. It's time for some of them to step up to the plate.

Clock is ticking for the likes of Rakell and Manson. Also another reason to assume Bob expects this team to compete for a playoff spot next season.
Which is why he should have been looking to trade Rakell now, his value is only going to decrease as that contract gets closer to UFA

Oct 18, 2011
I would like to see Lindholm shut down for the season, he's played alot of hard minutes over the years, he has gotten banged up a few times this year, take the next 6 months off and come back healthy with hopefully a better team

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Hoping we're in on NCAA free agents, we have 48 contracts currently (can always trade someone away if we want/need), and can offer the top ones a roster spot to finish the season. Might as well bring in as much talent as we can get.

Last edited:
Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Hoping we're in on NCAA free agents, we have 48 contracts currently (can always trade someone away if we want/need), and can offer the top ones a roster spot to finish the season. Might as well bring in as much talent as we can get.
Are you going to save one for Z? I think there's a good chance he gets signed and a cup of coffee.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

One more's gonna be added before the season ends, and honestly I'm not sure why any prominent NCAA free agent would come here, especially if they're a forward. If you're choosing your own team you're usually choosing the one with the best path to the NHL, this team can't really offer that.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Me too, but I wouldn't mind bringing another guy in, plus we could just go for ones on AHL contracts instead of ELCs.
If there's really any high level NCAA guys, they are going to want an ELC not an AHL PTO or even full AHL contract. If they want to sign guys to help the Gulls I guess that's OK but I wouldn't be getting my hopes up that they will have NHL futures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad