Speculation: Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
One more's gonna be added before the season ends, and honestly I'm not sure why any prominent NCAA free agent would come here, especially if they're a forward. If you're choosing your own team you're usually choosing the one with the best path to the NHL, this team can't really offer that.
I’m not really sure why you believe this. This is not a good team, several young players will be battling for roster spots just like pretty much all the other bad teams that these guys are more likely to sign with. Plus Orange County has its appeal, so I really don’t see why we wouldn’t be towards the top of the list for a lot of them.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I would like to see Lindholm shut down for the season, he's played alot of hard minutes over the years, he has gotten banged up a few times this year, take the next 6 months off and come back healthy with hopefully a better team

He gets banged up every year. It is what it is at this point - he doesn’t have the greatest durability. I’m not sure shutting him down solves that or not.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I’m not really sure why you believe this. This is not a good team, several young players will be battling for roster spots just like pretty much all the other bad teams that these guys are more likely to sign with. Plus Orange County has its appeal, so I really don’t see why we wouldn’t be towards the top of the list for a lot of them.

This isn't a good team largely because it lacks high end talent, but it definitely doesn't lack purely in bodies, mostly of a similar level, and theres only more coming. Why compete against 8 guys, many of them high draft picks, when you can compete against 3? If they like SoCal that much, why not go down the road where they have 5 NHL calibre players in their lineup right now?

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Only thing I can think of is to boost San Diego’s playoff chances. Obviously they’re still fighting it out for that last spot still even if they currently have the upper hand.

But that said he’s very much an NHLer at this point and we need him more than San Diego does so who knows what’s going on. Like you said it could just be temporary to give Sherwood a shot on a scoring line.
The move seems a bit strange, yeah. That being said, San Diego definitely needs him while the Ducks don't really need any particular player right now.

And Terry seems to benefit from having a physical player (Ritchie) on his line. With Ritchie gone, we can only hope that Comtois can be that guy as soon as next season. So I don't hate this if Terry gets to play on a line with Comtois.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Just when he is starting to figure out the pace and physically of the NHL you send him down. Makes sense.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Leaf fan coming in peace

Leafs are dropping dmen like flies and need a depth guy for a few weeks would a Petan or Agostino for pending UFA MDZ work for you guys and no picks won't be added.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Leaf fan coming in peace

Leafs are dropping dmen like flies and need a depth guy for a few weeks would a Petan or Agostino for pending UFA MDZ work for you guys and no picks won't be added.
Lindholm just got hurt for us yesterday, so MDZ will be unavailable for the time being.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Henrique has 12 points in his last 9 games, really 13 points in 10 games (8 G, 5 A) if you add the goal on the postponed Blues game.

He is unofficially at 40 points in 64 games. I think Rico should be sticking around for his contract, or most of it, will be good depth to have on the 3rd line once a better Top 6 is solidified. I know he gets flack for disappearing and being streaky, but have liked his hustle as of late, and has been so clutch, something this team will need moving forward.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Zegras-Getzlaf-Terry
Rakell-Henrique-Silfverberg
Milano-Steel-Heinen
Deslauriers-Backes-Jones
Agozzino
Rowney

Is what I’d like to end the season with.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Why do people keep putting Heinen on RW he's never played their in his entire life and he's on a brand new team with a brand new system doesn't seem smart to move him.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Zegras-Getzlaf-Terry
Milano-Steel-Heinen
Deslauriers-Backes-Jones
Agozzino
Rowney

That first line is three of the exact same style players playing together. It wouldn’t work, all three want and need the puck to be successful. Not to mention Terry is the only one who will shoot and even he is known to pass up quality shots.

Reactions: Deuce22 and Tony O

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Why is Fowler not on IR if he’s going to be out 1 more weeks? Would allow us to bring 2 more D up onto the roster

There are no roster limits anymore. We can call up as many guys as we want so long as we are cap compliant.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
This is incorrrect, he played quite a bit of RW in Boston.
Oh ya I'm reading that now, all the bruins fans blame his regression on that so it's a bad idea either way .

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
If zegras is gonna play he better play with someone that will stick up for him (like getzlaf) now that Ritchie is gone it's pretty much getzlaf

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zegras-Getzlaf-Terry
Milano-Steel-Heinen
Deslauriers-Backes-Jones
Agozzino
Rowney

Would swap Silf and Terry. That Top line would just pass to each-other all day. They need a guy who will shoot the puck.

Reactions: Paul4587
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad