Speculation: Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I think maybe something like this. When healthy.

Rakell-Getzlaf-Terry
Heinen-Henrique-Silfverberg
Jones-Steel-Sherwood
Deslauriers-Backes-Rowney
Milano

Lindholm-Gudbranson
Fowler-Manson
Larsson-Del Zotto
Djoos

Gibson
Miller

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
This is my favorite part of the interview with Bob:

On if there was a possibility of moving a core player
Not at this time. We started down this path and there's going to be bumps. You never know where these bumps in the road and curveballs are going to come from. We've got to give them an opportunity to grow into their roles. Lets put it this way. We cant be talking about the same thing at this time next year. It's time for some of them to step up to the plate.

Clock is ticking for the likes of Rakell and Manson. Also another reason to assume Bob expects this team to compete for a playoff spot next season.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
So it looks like Terry, Jones, Sherwood, and Guhle were sent down to be eligible for the AHL playoffs. That means Steel and Larsson are the two that could've been sent down, but weren't. I wish Steel got sent down, but I get it, since he's been in the NHL all year. Larsson doesn't really matter much in my eyes. Persson and Djoos are both on the NHL.com roster, so I am unsure if they will be eligible.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
So it looks like Terry, Jones, Sherwood, and Guhle were sent down to be eligible for the AHL playoffs. That means Steel and Larsson are the two that could've been sent down, but weren't. I wish Steel got sent down, but I get it, since he's been in the NHL all year. Larsson doesn't really matter much in my eyes. Persson and Djoos are both on the NHL.com roster, so I am unsure if they will be eligible.
At this point it would be nice to see San Diego make a run. No problem with all those guys being sent down. Interested to see if Jones and Terry dominate since they have spent pretty much the whole year in the NHL.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Curious about Djoos, I know how Murray loves his Swedish defensemen. He is listed as 6-0 then 5-11 so pretty much I assume he is 5-10. Plays the left side- He is currently sitting on 32 points in the AHL. Has only 2 games played with the Caps. Get his dad was a great Swedish player but his skating seems decent not great apparently a good passer, an offensive defenseman- By looking at stats and what we gave away is this really what the team needs at the time? Seems we have a lot of him already in San Diego. What are the reasons he is up at the NHL level?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Attempt at making new lines:

Rakell - Getz - Silf
Jones - Rico - Terry
Milano - Steel - Heinen
Desi - Backes - Rowney
Sherwood, Agozzino

Dmen now:
Lindholm - Manson
Larsson - MDZ
Djoos - Irwin
Guhle

Dmen later:
Lindholm - Manson
Fowler - Gudbranson
Djoos/Larsson - MDZ
Irwin

Reactions: quackquackquack

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Attempt at making new lines:

Rakell - Getz - Silf
Jones - Rico - Terry
Milano - Steel - Heinen
Desi - Backes - Rowney
Sherwood, Agozzino

Dmen now:
Lindholm - Manson
Larsson - MDZ
Djoos - Irwin
Guhle

Dmen later:
Lindholm - Manson
Fowler - Gudbranson
Djoos/Larsson - MDZ
Irwin
Jury is still out on your 3rd line D.
Does Backes still have anything left?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Terry was the best player last game, congratulate him by sending him down (atleast that team is winning)

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010

Is this a paper transaction to make them eligible for the AHL playoffs, or do they actually have to stay there for some number of games or the rest of the season to still be eligible?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Terry was the best player last game, congratulate him by sending him down (atleast that team is winning)

He won’t be staying down. Guhle I think will be as we now have replacement level dmen to replace him but Terry since his call up has been one of our better forwards, if Murray leaves him down he’s an idiot.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad