Waived: [ANA] Ducks waive Adam Henrique (Clears)

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Doubt he gets claimed. From Detroit POV I would maybe do Henrique and a 2nd for Nielsen

Take a look at the players who are set to hit UFA the summer Nielsen comes off the books, and then ask yourself if you think Detroit would be better off with 5.8 million in cap space, or 5.8 million tied up on Henrique

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranger Spice

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s a little shocking. Henrique is coming off one of his best seasons, scoring 27 goals in 71 games on a struggling Anaheim team. I thought they would give him more time to find his game, since the entire team or most of it has struggled to score. So there might be more to the story here.

Reactions: banks

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I'm at a loss for why fans of Detroit and Vancouver are suggesting Nielsen or Eriksson be moved for Henrique...

They're finally nearing the end of having those bad contracts on their roster, and they want to move them for another bad contract with twice the term

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
You would have to think the Ducks worked the phones to trade him, without success, before placing him on waivers.

It's possible there's a deal in place, perhaps with retention even, if he clears waivers. Sometimes a player's value increases after clearing waivers, but I have a hard time figuring that out here.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Is it just me, or does it seem there's been more than the usual hefty cap hits hitting waivers this year? Barely a month in, too.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I wonder if a deal around Byron for Henrique (Retained) would work?

it would allow the Habs to let Danault to walk as UFA.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Only reason was because he was w McDavid . Rico produced more on a worse team with worse players

Maybe, maybe not. Point is, they're both horrible contracts, and Henrique isn't enough of an upgrade on Neal to take the extra year. Hell, maybe the Oilers buy out Neal this offseason, that wouldn't surprise me either.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Neal scored 19 last season and was on the league's best PP...

Oilers are happy to keep the shorter contract.

Doesn’t mean he isn’t a garbage 5 on 5 player. Henrique was a good all around player last season. Capable of playing on PK, PP, 5 on 5, center or wing. He just fell off a cliff this season for some reason, possibly due to Covid...

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
In 2 years from now any player who is not a superstar heading into UFA at age 28 is not even going to get a contract
Then it would be wise for RFAs to not sign away any UFA years on their 2nd contract. Try to hit UFA no later than 27.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Many teams have been handcuffed into long term deals knowing the last couple years would be trash. Hopefully the market changes and the contracts are more reasonable.
The only logical solution is for teams to eat a higher cap hit for shorter term.

Instead of $36 mill for 6 years you do $33/34 mill fo 5 years to get to $6.6 or $6.8 mill per season.

You basically look at the cash outflow of the contract. Whatever is left as base salary for the final year, eliminate that amount and divide everything else by 1 year less to get the higher AAV.

Reactions: Nucker42

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Why are people offering up completely washed up players that haven't been good in years? Henrique would've scored 30 goals last season if not for the stoppage in player and was our leader scorer, the team has no interest in moving him out for garbage. He is maybe 1 million overpaid at most, 30 goal scoring centers are 100% worth a $5 million contract in UFA (Kevin f***ing Hayes got 7), even with the reduced cap, we aren't going to trade him for crap just because he's struggled for not even a third of the season, in which he still has more points than f***ing Mika Zibanejad.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Why are people offering up completely washed up players that haven't been good in years? Henrique would've scored 30 goals last season if not for the stoppage in player and was our leader scorer, the team has no interest in moving him out for garbage. He is maybe 1 million overpaid at most, 30 goal scoring centers are 100% worth a $5 million contract in UFA (Kevin f***ing Hayes got 7), even with the reduced cap, we aren't going to trade him for crap just because he's struggled for not even a third of the season, in which he still has more points than f***ing Mika Zibanejad.
he'll return some assets and a cap dump. Ducks might have to retain, but yes, the proposals have been god awful. I saw Ladd for Rico and Ladd didn't even play in the nhl while Rico was about to drop 30 with 11 games left

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
he'll return some assets and a cap dump. Ducks might have to retain, but yes, the proposals have been god awful. I saw Ladd for Rico and Ladd didn't even play in the nhl while Rico was about to drop 30 with 11 games left
Yeah no question we'd have to take salary back, but the deal won't be anything close to a straight up swap with another overpaid player that hasn't been good in years. Absolutely no reason we would do that over just keeping Henrique and hope he gets back to 19-20 form

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I could see Buffalo swapping Okposo for Henrique...

Eichel
Cozens
Henrique

That's a decent 1-2-3 down the middle if Henrique rounds back into form

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad