Waived: [ANA] Ducks waive Adam Henrique (Clears)

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Doubt he gets picked up due to his contract. Maybe Anaheim tosses Seattle a pick to take him since they will need centre’s

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
So man bad contracts....so many bad GMs........

And if GMs start being smart on July 1st, and nobody is signing, you know what will happen? Accusations of collusion. If every player was a UFA every year, that would fix it. However, since very few players are ever available, and GMs are desperate for talent, that adds up to bad contracts. That's why the players wanted free agency. They know if you get a couple teams competing for your services, you're going to make some nice money. Team success is nice, but when you're 58, that extra million you got that one year will likely do more for you than a Cup ring.

Reactions: uncleben

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I can't see RNH signing with another rebuilding team, even if he does go elsewhere (I expect him to stay with the Oilers in any case).

I said nothing about the Ducks signing RNH, if that's what you're implying.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Could see some of the Canucks bad money being involved in a trade.

Eriksson 6 million 2 years left but most of the money is paid.

Virtanen 2 years left

they get out of all the money a year early.

Makes sense to me. Something where Anaheim can save real dollars and maybe get out of the contract a bit earlier. Henrique was a useful player as recently as last season, perhaps a contending team would prefer to use cap space on him than someone like Eriksson who undoubtedly sunk cost at this point

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Virtanen 2 years left

Send the paperwork....

Reactions: Masch78

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
Guessing they don't expect him to be claimed and this is just to put him on taxi squad and save cap while giving the roster spot and ice time to someone more deserving.

Or, send him to the Gulls to play with Z and let him "build up his confidence" haha.

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
IDK why people are suggesting Detroit. They already passed on competant players like Murray and Schmidt in the offseason. Plus they have enough plugs up front, they need actual talent.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
If he’s on a good roster he’s gonna put up points. He led a pretty terrible ducks team in points and is a serviceable 2/3 C . His cap hit and term is gonna really hurt the ducks though.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I think some overreact, his contract is not that bad, perhaps about 800k too high.

He produced every year. He wasnt going to sign for anything less than €5M and would have scored close to 30 goals last season.

Its too bad he seems to play like crap right now.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Maybe he gets claimed by Buffalo and is reunited w hall. I remember their chemistry when I watched Fowler on the spitfires

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

your saying lol no expecting henrique to bounce back

on the flip side he makes nearly 6 mill a year without any fluctuation, ladd has 1 less year on his contract and makes nearly 2 million less per year which would save the ducks 5 million in actual dollars

you can definitely take the risk that henrique bounces back

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Maybe he gets claimed by Buffalo and is reunited w hall. I remember their chemistry when I watched Fowler on the spitfires

They also played on Devils together but not all the time AFAIR.

Anyway, I think Buffalo passes as this can be potentially awful contract.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017

Virtanen 2 years left

Canucks already have 2 competent centres, you really want to pay Henrique $6m a season for the next 3 years to be your #3C? Loui only has 1 year left after this.. You are basically adding his contract for additional years.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Perhaps a trade to be found there if the Avs have a cap dump to send back.

Does something around Henrique and Compher make sense?

If Anaheim retained $2 mil, potentially.

If not, no. Compher has been the Avs worst forward this year, no question. But he's 25, I highly doubt he just suddenly forgot how to play hockey and is on the decline. I think Compher will bounce back to a middle 6, 30-40 pt forward so I wouldn't say he's a pure cap dump. I understand if it wouldn't make sense for the Ducks, but I just don't see any other way it could work for the Avs.

Reactions: Richard88

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Doubt he gets picked up due to his contract. Maybe Anaheim tosses Seattle a pick to take him since they will need centre’s

I doubt it as this was a disaster for the Ducks last expansion. They are still dealing with the after effects of adding Theodore to get rid of Stoner. Many feel it was one of BM's worst decisions the last few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00