Waived: [ANA] Ducks waive Adam Henrique (Clears)

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Henrique is coming off a 30 goal season. When was the last time Neal was a good player?

I would rather keep Henrique and take a chance he comes back to form.

Just coming off 30 Goals ? He had 27 . Why waived him ? Because he playing like shit . The pass means nothing . Maybe we should re-sign Gretzky and trade him for your entire team . You know Gretzky scored 92 goals . I laugh when fans say this . Yup GM waived him because he is a stud that scored 30 goals

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Henrique is coming off a 30 goal season. When was the last time Neal was a good player?

I would rather keep Henrique and take a chance he comes back to form.

Obvious you don't pay the bills for the Ducks . He being waived to save $$$$

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Just coming off 30 Goals ? He had 27 . Why waived him ? Because he playing like shit . The pass means nothing . Maybe we should re-sign Gretzky and trade him for your entire team . You know Gretzky scored 92 goals . I laugh when fans say this . Yup GM waived him because he is a stud that scored 30 goals
Very negative for some reason... look at Josh Anderson last year to this year. I would bet Henrique returns closer to his regular self soon enoguh. maybe in another full year of poor play u will be onto something. too early to say that right now.
think this is a message to Henrique and a test the waters see if anyone will claim him. if no one claims he will likely be back before you know it

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Very negative for some reason... look at Josh Anderson last year to this year. I would bet Henrique returns closer to his regular self soon enoguh. maybe in another full year of poor play u will be onto something. too early to say that right now.
think this is a message to Henrique and a test the waters see if anyone will claim him. if no one claims he will likely be back before you know it
Anderson is 26. Henrique is 31.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
The ducks have a lot of similar players the whole lineup is 2/3rd liners...The issue is there is no elite offensive players and there is literally close to zero offense being created by our defense. The only defensemen trying to contribute offensively is Lindholm and he's one of the best defensive defensemen so it's not really his game.

How does a team with Fowler and Shattenkirk create zero offense from the backend? Mahura has some offensive ability from what I've seen in the AHL/Gulls.

sunsetsuperhuman

Mar 9, 2018
No source whatsoever on this, but he's been healthy scratched a few times and this just rings of he's having some sort of issue with management. I really wonder if this is just a way to say you're free if somebody wants you, like if he's demanded a trade or something. This is a super weird move. I guess I kinda hope he's getting claimed, even though he's been really good for us in past years.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Anderson is 26. Henrique is 31.
just using as an example. and yeah 25 at the time with a injury riddled season and 1 goal in 26 games besides Im not getting into that with you.

plenty of good players in their early 30's. he had a solid season last year. no reason to assume it's impossible to get back there or close to. it's been like 20games. kinda small sample size for you to be saying hes basically done.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
No source whatsoever on this, but he's been healthy scratched a few times and this just rings of he's having some sort of issue with management. I really wonder if this is just a way to say you're free if somebody wants you, like if he's demanded a trade or something. This is a super weird move. I guess I kinda hope he's getting claimed, even though he's been really good for us in past years.

I wonder if the Devils claim him back. They are one team with tons of cap space.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
just using as an example. and yeah 25 at the time with a injury riddled season and 1 goal in 26 games besides Im not getting into that with you.

plenty of good players in their early 30's. he had a solid season last year. no reason to assume it's impossible to get back there or close to. it's been like 20games. kinda small sample size for you to be saying hes basically done.
Teams acquiring him wouldn't be too concerned about what he can do in the next year or so. It's the 3rd or 4th year of the contract when he'll be 34 that will scare teams off.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Teams acquiring him wouldn't be too concerned about what he can do in the next year or so. It's the 3rd or 4th year of the contract when he'll be 34 that will scare teams off.
well his contract isnt great.

he likely wont be picked up but if ANA demotes him to the minors they only cut 1M off their cap.

Im sure he will likely be back up if no one claims him. likely a wake up call like hey get going your not safe here.

maybe if he continues to be bad and Seattle doesnt draft him they will buy him out.

after that I can see a team happily giving him a contract at much lower aav. cant see him being done though

Reactions: Richard88

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Talk me at the end of the year. I’ll wait for you to eat crow.

Can’t wait for Getzlaf to regain his form too.
Lol, Henrique is coming off one of his best seasons on one of the worst teams. Getzlaf has been showing a decline in the past few years and hasn’t been producing nearly where he did in his prime so you should expect a decline in the future from Getz

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Many teams have been handcuffed into long term deals knowing the last couple years would be trash. Hopefully the market changes and the contracts are more reasonable.

Then you essentially have to eliminate the RFA contract, or go to a model where there is no guaranteed contracts.

I remember when UFA age was 31. that seems like its not even real now. We are in a time when a 27 year old is past their prime.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

27 goals in the shortened season. He obviously would have scored 30. Are you seriously saying bringing up last season is the same as 30 years ago...

Reactions: Laffy Taffy

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Scoring 27 goals last season on that Ducks team is like scoring 35 :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Gliff

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
How does a team with Fowler and Shattenkirk create zero offense from the backend? Mahura has some offensive ability from what I've seen in the AHL/Gulls.

Fowler isn't a goal scorer, he's a #3 with a weak shot and decent passing. Shat is... just not good (at least in the role he's been playing). It would take prime Karlsson to create offense from the back end on this team. There are no star players left, Getzlaf is a 2C, Rakell could be a top line winger if there was a star that was driving the line, Lindholm is great in his own zone, but isn't a star on offense. There are a lot of good complimentary young guys on this team, but no line drivers or stars (aside from Gibson who's being left out to dry a LOT).

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Disagree. Skill is changing this has nothing to do with age. At 30 mcdavid is still getting paid
ddAE1W70uOlHEotvPqID8A41WhLIiZveFtL83-NvlHGoyiN_jdD3vfPKEvgVD1qS-QS8I79t1QkMj6aHliih8p0YApwhQBK2VgP05NAnLZVm6HWUSd3rLCI6ic3cdZlUtns_kM625283MLs7NzE92F_yM66qFXt7D4bz-73zUvdtqVA7LdFhCmzJDAoluIez3UiwGG6gjIN4vg

GreatSaveLuongo

May 4, 2009
Could see some of the Canucks bad money being involved in a trade.

Eriksson 6 million 2 years left but most of the money is paid.

Virtanen 2 years left

they get out of all the money a year early.
Going from a shorter bad contract to a longer one?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad