Waived: [ANA] Ducks waive Adam Henrique (Clears)

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Why can’t he be traded?

He can... but he has a 10 team NTC.

upload_2021-2-21_20-38-33.png

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Sure he can
When I say "can't be traded", I mean nobody will trade for him due to that salary cap hit.....so he's nearly un-tradeable. Since he wasn't claimed for free who is going to offer up an asset in a trade unless they find someone who'll do them a favor in a cap dump trade off.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
When I say "can't be traded", I mean nobody will trade for him due to that salary cap hit.....so he's nearly un-tradeable. Since he wasn't claimed for free who is going to offer up an asset in a trade unless they find someone who'll do them a favor in a cap dump trade off.
Most teams need to send out money or contracts. Doesn't mean no one wants him.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

We've seen worse contracts traded and veteran players dealt when they were much further removed from their best than Henrique. To speak in definite terms and say he cannot be traded at all, is rather shortsighted.

Of course no one is giving up an asset for him and taking on the entirety of the contract without sending salary back, that obviously goes without saying since he just passed through waivers.

That doesn't mean there's zero chance he can be traded, there are multiple avenues that make that more of a possibility- retention and taking back salary, likely in the form of another unwanted salary. In fact, if you bother reading the thread, many possible scenarios have already been discussed with a few teams.

There are probably multiple contending teams that would benefit from trading dead cap space for a player who scored at a 30 goal pace last year.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Why can’t he be traded?

His contract isn't that bad to buy out. If Ducks buy him out they're paying:

ROY: 3,866,595
2021: $1,941,667
2022: $1,941,667
2023:$1,941,667
2024:$1,941,667
2025:$1,941,667
2026:$1,941,667

Total: 15,516,597

If they trade him 50% retained they pay:

ROY: 1,933297.5
2021: 2,912,500
2022: 2,912,500
2023: 2,912,500

Total: $10,670,797.50

So if they trade him at 50% retained they clear 2 mil in cap space that they don't need this year, eat an extra million in cap space for the next 3 years, then save almost 2 million a year for the next 2. Overall they save just under 5 million dollars.

How much is it worth to them to raise their cap for three years, and save some money in 4 years? Guess it depends on what the owner values more, picks or cash? Would be an easy answer for Dorion. But for Anaheim, it may not be worthwhile to pay a team too much to take him at 50% off.

The cost to trade him without retention would be massive. A first pick per season of his contract based on Marleau precedent?

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
We've seen worse contracts traded and veteran players dealt when they were much further removed from their best than Henrique. To speak in definite terms and say he cannot be traded at all, is rather shortsighted.

Of course no one is giving up an asset for him and taking on the entirety of the contract without sending salary back, that obviously goes without saying since he just passed through waivers.

That doesn't mean there's zero chance he can be traded, there are multiple avenues that make that more of a possibility- retention and taking back salary, likely in the form of another unwanted salary. In fact, if you bother reading the thread, many possible scenarios have already been discussed with a few teams.

There are probably multiple contending teams that would benefit from trading dead cap space for a player who scored at a 30 goal pace last year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
3 goals this year says it all. That was then this is now.
Eh it’s more that he’s looked awful during the season.

3 goals puts him 2nd on the team lol

Hell Rakell and getzlaf have 2 goals combined but at least they look good on a nightly basis.... Henrique has looked like crap

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Ya, it says he is the second leading goal scorer on the Ducks this season :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I feel like people do not understand just how bad the Ducks offense has been this season.
Wow....I hadn't even looked at that. Hopefully Zegras will help.....

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Wow....I hadn't even looked at that. Hopefully Zegras will help.....

Yeah, it's really rough. I don't think there is a single team in the NHL that would trade their best forward for the Ducks best forward... there is literally no star player (current playing ability) on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad