American Prospect Update Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Is it not possible that Penn State pulled their scholarship offer? That could be another big reason to move on for better chances.

CapsFan819

Apr 12, 2020
Brendan Brisson, son of famous agent Pat Brisson (agent of Crosby, Kopitar, and others) will likely go first round after a great USHL season alongside Sean Farrell with the Chicago Steel

ASPIFC

Jun 20, 2019
I think we should already produce regular top 10 guys in every year. I guess we are going in that direction. First round is going to be boring for us this year.

Reactions: tealhockey

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
I think we should already produce regular top 10 guys in every year. I guess we are going in that direction. First round is going to be boring for us this year.
It's always disappointing when we have a down year, but I'm not worried at all, the past number of years and the upcoming years are all very promising. Ever since 2015 i think USAH has kind of hit another gear. 2015 and 2016 were great drafts for us, both high end and depth wise. 2017 was a bit of a dud (although depth wise it's turning out better), but 2018 was better and then 2019 was fantastic. And now while 2020 looks to be another meh/ dud draft, after that 21, 22 and 23 drafts all have a lot of promise. Now that can all change, but it seems for every dud draft we have 2 or 3 good to great drafts.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Brendan Brisson, son of famous agent Pat Brisson (agent of Crosby, Kopitar, and others) will likely go first round after a great USHL season alongside Sean Farrell with the Chicago Steel

I used to watch his Dad Patrice play with the Hull Olympiques back in the day, wasn't a bad junior player.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Here’s a prediction. Our 2021 draft class will rival our 2019 draft class. 2019 might end up with better top-end talent, but there are a number of top 10 candidates and I think 2021 looks like possibly our deepest draft ever.

I know a lot are already looking ahead to 2022 because of some of the top names from the NTDP, but I think our 2021 class is going to be extremely good without having the same type of hype that 2019 or 2022 have due to the top names from those NTDP age groups.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Here’s a prediction. Our 2021 draft class will rival our 2019 draft class. 2019 might end up with better top-end talent, but there are a number of top 10 candidates and I think 2021 looks like possibly our deepest draft ever.

I know a lot are already looking ahead to 2022 because of some of the top names from the NTDP, but I think our 2021 class is going to be extremely good without having the same type of hype that 2019 or 2022 have due to the top names from those NTDP age groups.
2021 looks very nice. It always does a year out to some extent but there is a lot of promise

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Is it not possible that Penn State pulled their scholarship offer? That could be another big reason to move on for better chances.
I would be surprised. It's a lot more likely that they said something like "hey, you aren't tracking to come play here when you would want to", or even that his advisor saw the writing on the wall. Most schools will let a guy take some time in juniors before pulling it

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
What about Shattuck St. Mary's duo Gracyn Sawchyn and William Whitelaw?
haven't watched many of the 05s yet but that shattuck bantam team always has some players, imagine they're worth some time. you could also look at the top scorers from the mn bantam elite league. one of warroad HS's top scorers was an 05 who played there

Reactions: ASPIFC

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
haven't watched many of the 05s yet but that shattuck bantam team always has some players, imagine they're worth some time. you could also look at the top scorers from the mn bantam elite league. one of warroad HS's top scorers was an 05 who played there

Shaugabay from Warroad was probably the best MN '05 in HS this year. Oliver Moore with Totino-Grace is also a very good '05.

Al48

Apr 23, 2020

Here's 4 pages of '05 names to feast on. I'd say the list is pretty good, but possibly missing some names. I think they explain they left some names off D because they were too close. Don't know who put it together, so take it for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dux917

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA

Here's 4 pages of '05 names to feast on. I'd say the list is pretty good, but possibly missing some names. I think they explain they left some names off D because they were too close. Don't know who put it together, so take it for what it's worth.

That top 15 list is terrible and after looking through this guys instagram page somebody really needs to shut him down. I don't know who he is but some of the kids he has listed have absolutely no place being listed as legit prospects. Please dont link that guy here.

Al48

Apr 23, 2020
That top 15 list is terrible and after looking through this guys instagram page somebody really needs to shut him down. I don't know who he is but some of the kids he has listed have absolutely no place being listed as legit prospects. Please dont link that guy here.
You're entitled to your opinion, much like the person who formed this list, but what's your relationship to the '05 age group?

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
You're entitled to your opinion, much like the person who formed this list, but what's your relationship to the '05 age group?

I have a very good view of the landscape in the EHF which is the league a lot of the players in his list are playing in. I checked his instagram page and he is even ranking 06’s and that list is even worse. I am guessing he makes a lot of stuff up and is taking money from parents to list their kids.

These are still young boys who are not playing midget or highschool yet so I would rather not discuss them but this guys lists are absurd and thats why I ask you dont post him here in what is supposed to be a thread about legit USA prospects.

Al48

Apr 23, 2020
I have a very good view of the landscape in the EHF which is the league a lot of the players in his list are playing in. I checked his instagram page and he is even ranking 06’s and that list is even worse. I am guessing he makes a lot of stuff up and is taking money from parents to list their kids.

These are still young boys who are not playing midget or highschool yet so I would rather not discuss them but this guys lists are absurd and thats why I ask you dont post him here in what is supposed to be a thread about legit USA prospects.
You are correct in that they are young and a lot will change over the next two years, but I disagree that this list is "terrible". It may have flaws, but it's a pretty good list if you've been around the players for a long time. I'd say there's some up and comers that are missing, but the point of the list was a prediction for the USA Selects 15s camp (which is more than just east coast kids), not a straight up who is best list. I'd say the goalies are spot on.

While I'm a new poster, I have been reading here for a long time and haven't seen many opinions on the 05 age group. I happen to be pretty familiar with that group as my son, who is not on this list, has played against and with many of these kids for a long time. Perhaps you're not familiar with many of the Midwest or further west kids or those outside of the EHF? I'm happy to have a discussion about the players. It's fairly exciting to talk about kids I know.

As for the '06s, you'll see some of those names at Shattuck next year, including the one that's listed at the top. There's some big talent out west in that age group as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad