Trade: Amari Cooper to Dallas for a 1st round pick

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Could Derek Carr be the next one traded ?
Probably has to wait for the offseason but I’m pretty confident he will be traded. Unless someone who has a chance at the playoffs goes down next week. Gruden definitely wants to tear this thing down and start from scratch. He doesn’t even seem that engaged during games I’ve seen with the Raiders, maybe I’m wrong there.

Reactions: m9

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Could Derek Carr be the next one traded ?

I doubt it. Teams know how hard it is to get a QB. Why trade the one you have now?

3 first rounders next year should go a long way if they do things right.

As for the OP, I haven't played Cooper in 3 weeks in FF but maybe, just maybe this will boost his production...

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Great move for Oakland.

If I were Gruden , I wouldn't stop there. Everyone outside of their most recent draft class should be available for the right price.

Tear it down , that team is old and below average. Mckenzie's 2015-2017 drafts killed this roster.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I like Amari Cooper, but for a first?

I get why we are doing it, but a little concerned about paying that type of price for a deep threat when we've got a checkdown champ QB.

Reactions: mouser

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I like Amari Cooper, but for a first?

I get why we are doing it, but a little concerned about paying that type of price for a deep threat when we've got a checkdown champ QB.

Cooper instantly becomes the best receiver on the team. He gets open. Dak throws to whoever is open. Hard to push the ball downfield with a raw rookie and 3 guys who most likely won't be on NFL rosters next year. Beasley is the only reliable target.

Reactions: Voight

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Great move for Oakland.

If I were Gruden , I wouldn't stop there. Everyone outside of their most recent draft class should be available for the right price.

Tear it down , that team is old and below average. Mckenzie's 2015-2017 drafts killed this roster.

Finally, someone here gets it.
McKenzie..outside of 2014 has had some terrible drafting.
Some of his free agent signings haven't panned out.
Gruden is just sweeping out the crap and getting whatever value comes their way.
Stock up on draft picks, luckily for the Raiders they now have 3 number 1's in 2019 draft.
Why prolong this nonsense for next year? Get whatever value you can get with this current bunch of underachievers.

Cooper was NOT going to last with the Raiders if the apparent rumors of him asking for number 1 receiver money is true...guy is great one week then disappears the next several.

He is now getting outplayed by Jared Cook and Jordy Nelson of all people.

Reactions: Voight

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Snarky remarks about Dallas aside, this can easily be a win-win trade. Everything in the NFC is up for grabs with exception of the Rams and upcoming eliminations of the Giants, Cardinals and 49ers.But this all depends on Cooper finally living up to his potential.
And Lions ;)

People are seriously underestimating Cooper. I watch the Raiders every week and he isn't an issue. Carr playing scared shitless and the oline are the issue.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Dallas should have at least asked for a 4th round pick back. Im sure Oakland would have still done it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad