Trade: Amari Cooper to Dallas for a 1st round pick

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I can't believe the Raiders actually got a 1st round pick for him. I think this is actually a great move for a tanking team.

Could be a good pick up for the Cowboys. The talent is obviously there but I don't know if this Cowboys coaching staff will be able to utilize him correctly to get him going again.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Now... let's say Cooper doesn't result in monumental change and the Cowboys miss the playoffs... and let's say Dak's play leaves the team thinking they need a new QB...

Well, you just traded away your first rounder, so you obviously aren't getting your QB in the draft. You also just took on a WR whose contract jumps to $14 million next year, so you might not have tons of cap room to chase a free agent QB.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I mean this basically confirms they were going after one of the Ole Miss WR this draft.

Sep 19, 2008
Cowboys have serious receiver issues. They didn't have any going into the season and they were trying to go out there yesterday with Beasley as a #1 :laugh: It was terrible. Their receivers are literally nobodies. Allen Hurns who? Michael Gallup who?

Putting Cooper there is pretty big and we'll see if he can contribute. Dallas honestly despite yesterday's result is not a bad team. Dak contrary to belief is not a bad QB. Without him, the Cowboys get blown out.

Cowboys were pretty desperate for targets for Dak. This helps a little. Not sure if it can vault them to the top of the NFC East though.

Reactions: Voight

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
But it’s Jerry Jones, so you’re not wrong.

Cooper has been regressing however.

No he hasn't. He's the same player. Carr being a giant p***y is what has been the main cause of his "regression". He has been open all year. Gruden practically had to beg Carr to throw him the ball and not dump it off underneath just because he saw a flash of an opponent. Bigger question is how this affects Demarcus Lawrence. You aren't replacing D-Law without a first round pick. Are the Cowboys going to tag him again? I like the move for the Cowboys because their division is beyond mediocre and no team has pulled away. They can play defense. They needed a playmaker in the passing game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad