Waived: Alzner on waivers at noon

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Alzer was one of those fools gold type defenseman. Negative shot share guy relative every year of his career. He was just hanging on in those minutes on good caps teams. He failed the eye test later on in WSH too and the analytics provided many red flags that he was gonna fall of the face of the Earth, like he did.

Bargain Bin fails again.

aBuyU4N.png

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Alzer was one of those fools gold type defenseman. Negative shot share guy relative every year of his career. He was just hanging on in those minutes on good caps teams. He failed the eye test later on in WSH too and the analytics provided many red flags that he was gonna fall of the face of the Earth, like he did.

Bargain Bin fails again.

aBuyU4N.png

I think if anything, it's not just him but it's all of those stay at home types. You're seeing less and less of them. If they can't move the puck at least semi-adequately, they don't last anymore.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think if anything, it's not just him but it's all of those stay at home types. You're seeing less and less of them. If they can't move the puck at least semi-adequately, they don't last anymore.

Oh man, the guys who can't skate and are 'stay-at-home' because they don't contribute offensively and handle the puck like grenades in their own zone are the Dodo.

The modern 'stay-at-home' defenceman is still able to skate and complete solid outlet passes. The guy who can barely move around, and who exits the zone by blasting it up the boards; that time is gone.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
He will be bought up this summer. That was a mistake by Bergevin and at least, he did something to correct it.

Not sure that's the case. Montreal doesn't need the cap space now and he has a lockout-proof contract. They only realize notable cap savings next season, and they already have a ton of cap space with only a couple of FA of note.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

I don't disagree but there are plenty of stay at home guys who can get the puck out and keep it out of the zone. This deal was only signed 16 months ago so it's not like THAT much has changed from the til now

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
You don't keep a guy like that long term... to play with Laval.

Alzner signed his contract, he should honour it. Its not up to Montreal at all to buy him out if it doesn't make sense for their cap planning.

And every AHL team in the league has veterans. Who cares what they're paid there. If anything, Laval could use a vet on their D for development purposes, since they don't have one.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
not that he is only slow,
but he can't make passes. He will strictly passes via the board, 9 times out of 10, this ain't a joke he is ****ing bad.

I think his main problem is decision making. You can overcome being slow with hockey IQ. But Alzner has zero hockey IQ. The decisions he takes on the ice are mind boggling. The other day he felt behind the net and after getting up his reaction to him being behind the play was to get one foot in front of his goalie and try to block a one timer shot doing a ninja move à la Karate Kid Crane Kick. Of course he screened his goalie and the puck went in. Any decent dmen would have let his goalie do the save and then try to clear the font of the net. Never try to correct a mistake by doing a 2nd one.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad