All-Time Wrestling Draft: 2021

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'll be very active in free agency. I've still got lots of random greatness to pick up.

While we wait on @les Habs to finish up the rounds, I'll post some info.

Who intends to participate in free agency?

Free agency begins tomorrow at 9am EST (assuming les Habs picks today), not midnight tonight. Starting at 9, post in the picks thread your two picks. Your picks can be:
- two people
- one tag team (you do not lose a pick the next day).

I think in the past, once free agency gets down to a small number of participants, Cutter has sped it up in ways.

Also, the last remaining iron man match is eligible in free agency.

So just to clarify, it's only two people. So you can't one guy and then a tag team as well in the same day. IE:

-Stone Cold
-Legion of Doom

You can't do that in the same day, correct?

Reactions: KingHollywood

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Free agency is two picks a day. You can choose a tag team or two wrestlers. If you take a tag team, the two members are your two picks.
@BruinDust is in a special situation since he chose a tag team with his final pick. Hence he will have one skipped pick on day 1 of free agency.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Free agency is two picks a day. You can choose a tag team or two wrestlers. If you take a tag team, the two members are your two picks.
@BruinDust is in a special situation since he chose a tag team with his final pick. Hence he will have one skipped pick on day 1 of free agency.

I probably won't do this but just asking in case. It sounds like we're just picking two wrestlers per day maximum, whether they are in a tag team or not doesn't matter. But if I pick two guys that are teammates, do I have to use them as a tag team? It sounds like I don't.

Reactions: BruinDust

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I probably won't do this but just asking in case. It sounds like we're just picking two wrestlers per day maximum, whether they are in a tag team or not doesn't matter. But if I pick two guys that are teammates, do I have to use them as a tag team? It sounds like I don't.
Yeah given the rules, I think they'd be splittable. Unless you do something like cite that you're taking "The Road Warriors" rather than Animal & Hawk.

Getting granular and bogged down in clarification, but I think what you typed is agreeable.

Last edited:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I'll be very active in free agency. I've still got lots of random greatness to pick up.

So just to clarify, it's only two people. So you can't one guy and then a tag team as well in the same day. IE:

-Stone Cold
-Legion of Doom

You can't do that in the same day, correct?
Yeah given the rules, I think they'd be splittable. Unless you do something like cite that you're taking "The Road Warriors" rather than Animal & Hawk.

Getting granular and bogged down in clarification, but I think what you typed is agreeable.
upload_2021-5-9_16-13-6.png

YOU TWO PUNY PUKES BETTER KEEP OUR NAMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTHS BEFORE HAWK HOISTS YOU UP AND I KNOCK YOUR HEADS OFF YOUR SHOULDERS

Reactions: theedge9 and Kaner9

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Do it. Get your card nice and bloated just like mine.
All the best Wrestlemanias had like 11-15 matches, and the notion that "it's too long" (maybe wrestling isn't for you after all) or someone like Andrade is worth more the price of admission than the Undertaker (or flooding the vote for friends who think so) isn't respectable to me.

..and next year I'm doing what I've wanted to since the start- making the card I want to see most with *zero* consideration for who else may vote for it.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
All the best Wrestlemanias had like 11-15 matches, and the notion that "it's too long" (maybe wrestling isn't for you after all) or someone like Andrade is worth more the price of admission than the Undertaker (or flooding the vote for friends who think so) isn't respectable to me.

..and next year I'm doing what I've wanted to since the start- making the card I want to see most with *zero* consideration for who else may vote for it.

The number of matches is never the problem for WrestleMania. It's the length of the show. 5-7 hours is way too long.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

Cards can definitely be too long. Mine is likely going to be a bit too long as I'm going to have 10 matches plus a pseudo-match. The type of match does make a difference though. My Ultimate Warrior match is obviously not going to be as long as my Daniel Bryan match. I've included match lengths in the past and might do so again so that people have an idea.

You'd get more interesting cards most of the time, sometimes better though sometimes worse, if people made what they wanted rather than generic online wrestling cards. Most people do clearly tailor things to their own tastes at least, which is good, to varying degrees.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Nigel is another great free agency pick. He's been on my radar since around round 18 but I had no ideas for him. My top half of my card has been set for a while and putting him lower seemed like a waste.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

That's pretty much what I'm doing. Given who is available, I'm doing what "I" would like to see. I haven't veered far from the mainstream stuff much in my draft on purpose.

Next year (if there is a next year) I'll have this out of my system and probably focus on creating wrestling cards that are more appealing to fans of the current or more recent product.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I try to find a healthy marriage of what I like and presenting it in a way to be enticing to a viewer looking for something to watch. I also just like to have fun with it.

With that said, I think I'm done picking. I will go over my plans today and make sure.

Reactions: BruinDust

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I was surprised that Juvi stuck around so long. Also glad to see Finlay go, an old favourite of mine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad