All-Time Wrestling Draft: 2021

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
LOL, Brandi swiped again. Just so you know @JackSlater , she’ll be on maternity leave when your card goes live. Seriously though, this year I wasn’t planning on drafting her.

One of these years I’ll have to draft Zbysko. “Get a haircut!” Should’ve taken him for my commentary...

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
LOL, Brandi swiped again. Just so you know @JackSlater , she’ll be on maternity leave when your card goes live. Seriously though, this year I wasn’t planning on drafting her.

One of these years I’ll have to draft Zbysko. “Get a haircut!” Should’ve taken him for my commentary...

I've drafted Brandi five times in the last six years. Two reasons mainly - something nice to look at (and she is perfectly fine as a ring announcer) but perhaps more importantly to spare everyone from having to think of her wrestling if another GM was foolish enough to put her in a match. You're all welcome, though I assume you weren't looking to put her in a match.

Reactions: Kaner9

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
How much longer does Free Agency last? While my card is pretty much set in terms of matches, I have an army of jobbers and supporting cast members for my card that would be nice to have.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Me and Anonymous #2 are done. I think that just leaves

BruinDust
JackSlater
Megahab
CHgoalie27
Les Habs
Kaner9
GKJ

Once we get down to fewer people, in the past, we've upped the number of people that can be taken.

Reactions: BruinDust

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I've drafted Brandi five times in the last six years. Two reasons mainly - something nice to look at (and she is perfectly fine as a ring announcer) but perhaps more importantly to spare everyone from having to think of her wrestling if another GM was foolish enough to put her in a match. You're all welcome, though I assume you weren't looking to put her in a match.

Like I said, I wasn’t think of taking her at all. That said I just came up with an idea, though the match was going to about the rasslin’ itself so we’ll see.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

One of the truly beautiful females in pro wrestling. Just absolutely gorgeous.

Reactions: Kaner9 and les Habs

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Big E) are in the ring cutting a promo about being the greatest tag team champs ever.

Music interrupts and the Hardy Boyz come out.

Hardyz come down to the ring and tell New Day that they are the greatest tag team of all time. The two teams are going back and forth and New Day tells the Hardyz that they will beat them any time, any place. Hardyz challenge New Day to a TLC match for the tag team belts.

The two teams are squaring off face to face and the Brain Busters music hits.

Blanchard and Anderson make their way down to the ring. They grab a mic and tell them that they are the greatest tag team of all time. They want in on this.

BB: The thing with a TLC match is that you can still run and hide. Let’s up the stakes.
HB and ND: Huh, what? What do you mean?
BB: We are doing this in a Cell. The belt will be strung up from the top of the cell. Hell in a Cell with tables, ladders and chairs for the tag team belts.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
One of the truly beautiful females in pro wrestling. Just absolutely gorgeous.

Probably the best looking woman who's been involved in wrestling.

The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Big E) are in the ring cutting a promo about being the greatest tag team champs ever.

Music interrupts and the Hardy Boyz come out.

Hardyz come down to the ring and tell New Day that they are the greatest tag team of all time. The two teams are going back and forth and New Day tells the Hardyz that they will beat them any time, any place. Hardyz challenge New Day to a TLC match for the tag team belts.

The two teams are squaring off face to face and the Brain Busters music hits.

Blanchard and Anderson make their way down to the ring. They grab a mic and tell them that they are the greatest tag team of all time. They want in on this.

BB: The thing with a TLC match is that you can still run and hide. Let’s up the stakes.
HB and ND: Huh, what? What do you mean?
BB: We are doing this in a Cell. The belt will be strung up from the top of the cell. Hell in a Cell with tables, ladders and chairs for the tag team belts.

I like a little teaser or hype now and then.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
That triple threat tag match was kinda tough to put together.

-Hardy Boyz and Brain Busters drafted
-New Day traded for
-TLC and Hell in a Cell both drafted. Two niche matches combined into one

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Was really surprised to see that Sheamus lasted this long. Former multiple time world champ. Current US champ.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I've never been a big fan of Sheamus. I would have a hard time booking him in something I'd be up for seeing.

I do like the Chris Warren band pick. Can be a heat magnet.

Reactions: BruinDust

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Seeing Rusev in AEW lately has made me grow to appreciate him.

Very happy to get someone I’ve been looking to use all year.

Also glad to see Alex Wright get drafted.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Busting out a gif straight from 1999:

tenor.gif

@GKJ , make sure you check the times. Your Gallows/Anderson pick was 10 minutes before the market opened up.

@Kaner9 did this before too, but I assumed it was his previous day's pick since he seemed busy. So to avoid confusion, the clock stops from 12am-9am during free agency.

Get your picks in before midnight or you've lost the day. 9am is the start time.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Upon further review, I must rule GKJ's Good Brothers pick illegal.

Throwing out the clock stoppage rule for free agency I just made. Please don't pick prior to 9am.

Been very busy the past few days but I'll have the picks all updated.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Portland Wrestling getting some love.

I've seen some good stuff out of Portland. If things shook out differently I would have happily taken Borne and Barr (he was in my first ever main event actually) as well as the Playboy.

Last edited:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I've seen some good stuff out of Portland. If things shook out differently I would have happily taken Borne and Barr (he was in the first ever main event actually) as well as the Playboy.
Someone used to have an amazing library of Portland Wrestling on YouTube. Complete broadcasts with commercials. Amazing content. At some point in time the ban hammer must have fell upon them. Currently the best YouTube channel for all things Portland Wrestling is called Testosterone Overload. Not sure if there is complete broadcasts but the clip archive is extensive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->