All-Time Wrestling Draft: 2021

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Do you smell that? Do you...feel that?
Spring is upon us which gives way to our favorite yearly event, the wrestling all-time draft.

With WrestleMania upon us this coming weekend I would like to use this thread to drum up interest. Would love to get a start date decided too.

Links to previous drafts
Rules
1. One wrestler, all gimmicks. i.e If you pick Mick Foley, you get all of his gimmicks (Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack, etc)
2. The goal is to make the best card possible with your roster.
3. This will be 25 rounds. If you want to complete your card with unpicked wrestlers, there will be a free agency phase.
4. There will be a tournament to determine the winner.
5. You can pick a tag team but you have to forfeit your upcoming pick to do so. You must use the team on your card also. E.g. Two Man Power Trip (Stone Cold & HHH would have to be used them together, not seperately).
5. b) You may select a 3 man tag team provided they have been explicitly referred to as a 3-man tag team as per the classic 3 man team rule. To select a 3-man team, you must forfeit your subsequent two draft picks.
6. There will be a 8 hour limit for every pick. (clock stops between 12AM and 8AM EST)
7. Trades are allowed but picks can't be involved since it would complicate the process.
8. You must PM the poster after you once you've made your pick.
9. This is a snake draft.
10. Match types count as picks and they are limited
11. Celebrities who have been involved with wrestling are fair game. They must have appeared in wrestling. Only celebrities who have wrestled are eligible to be booked as wrestlers however. Otherwise they can be booked in non wrestling roles.
Example of previous head-to-head

Who's in?

Participants:
1. HandsomeHollywood
2. Megahab
3. JackSlater
4. Hawkman*
5. Habsrule
6. GKJ
7. CHgoalie27
8. Kaner9
9. BruinDust
10. Natey*
11. leshabs
12. theedge9

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm back for another shot.

0HspgjH.gif

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I'd probably shoot for the 16th or 17th for a start date. Depends on how many people participate and if people are still joining.
Also not bad dates. Perhaps it is a good idea to set the start for a weekend date so less people have a chance to be caught up with work.

Reactions: Hawkman

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Let's do it. I've got a few ideas. I don't know if they're winning ideas, but I might do them anyways just to resolve them in my head.

The past few years I think we it was done later in the year but moved it up recently. I prefer soon after Wrestlemania, after all that nuttiness dies down.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Let's do it. I've got a few ideas. I don't know if they're winning ideas, but I might do them anyways just to resolve them in my head.

The past few years I think we it was done later in the year but moved it up recently. I prefer soon after Wrestlemania, after all that nuttiness dies down.
Yeah I like to piggy back on the potential extra Mania traffic for the sign up phase. I think Slater's dates work well for the post Mania lul for us to get started.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah I like to piggy back on the potential extra Mania traffic for the sign up phase. I think Slater's dates work well for the post Mania lul for us to get started.
It'll be very interesting too because a lot of AEW people have raised their stock over the last year. The value could come from a different place with more people getting on TV

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
..and for my first overall pick, I'll be taking Andrade just to appease the silly punks that bitched out on getting their asses kicked for another fantasy hockey season.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
We're at 12 people now. I am implementing a cut off for sign up being this Wednesday, April 14th at 9am EST.

I am setting the start date of the draft for Saturday, April 17th, at 12 noon EST. I will honor this date unless there is major objection from the majority of participants.

Draft order will be released Friday, April 16th at 12 noon EST.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
We're at 12 people now. I am implementing a cut off for sign up being this Wednesday, April 14th at 9am EST.

I am setting the start date of the draft for Saturday, April 17th, at 12 noon EST. I will honor this date unless there is major objection from the majority of participants.

Draft order will be released Friday, April 16th at 12 noon EST.

I missed this draft last year due to work but I was in it the previous two years. I am so pumped for it.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
12 it is.

11 sounds like a decent number of people to beat. Looking forward to it.

The champ is in the house.
source.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad