Speculation: All things Spezza Round II - This time it's business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I did i saw it on the main board here ,i dont know if it has any weight but its in line with what they offered i guess.Page 43 spezza trade thread post number 1053

I don't think that's the real BDP, this member has his old user name as "Jano" whereas the real bdp handle was "backdoorpass".

In fact here he is on the member list...

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/member.php?u=51960

You can also tell by the way he writes too that he is different, the real backdoorpass never used capitilization and his grammar was pretty poor. He also has not made a post since # Last Activity: 07-22-2013 02:59 PM

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
I don't think that's the real BDP, this member has his old user name as "Jano" whereas the real bdp handle was "backdoorpass".

In fact here he is on the member list...

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/member.php?u=51960

You can also tell by the way he writes too that he is different, the real backdoorpass never used capitilization and his grammar was pretty poor. He also has not made a post since # Last Activity: 07-22-2013 02:59 PM

good.......that return would have been horrible.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I quickly veered away from the trade Spezza thread on the main board after a fast read. So ridiculous it wasn't worth wasting a comment there.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
People are massively whining about :
Phillips 2.5

People don't give a **** what Phillips is making. I'd still be pissed off if he was making 500k. I – and I presume most others – are more concerned about his detrimental play on the ice, and the fact that the contract prevents the team from going out to acquire someone who can actually improve this defence because the roster is full.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
People don't give a **** what Phillips is making. I'd still be pissed off if he was making 500k. I – and I presume most others – are more concerned about his detrimental play on the ice, and the fact that the contract prevents the team from going out to acquire someone who can actually improve this defence because the roster is full.

Yes this, and also I'd rather see Wier (and possibly Boro) on the ice rather than Phillips. The Wier - Ceci combo had some nice games near the end of the year. I can't even think of one game where the Phillips - Ceci combo was memorable.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Did BDP post that Stl's offer for Spezza is Berglund + Vannelli + 2nd? If that is the best offer that we get for Spezza, then I am keeping him until next years deadline....No way would I accept that offer

Lol that doesn't even fit the requirements Murray is at least asking for.

1st+top 6+impact prospect.

He's making a deal with Nashville/Dallas, one of them is going hard after Spezza.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

This. He needs to be our 7th dman not our 3rd guy.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008

bingo

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Lol that doesn't even fit the requirements Murray is at least asking for.

1st+top 6+impact prospect.

He's making a deal with Nashville/Dallas, one of them is going hard after Spezza.

Yes, but according to SensBruins4Ever, we should really temper our expectations.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We saw Yzerman hold out on trading MSL until he got what he wanted (the second first)

Murray needs to adopt this strategy: do not trade Spezza unless you are happy with return. Worst case scenario is he starts the year in Ottawa: oh woe is us, having to tolerate a PPG top line centre in our lineup!!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I do wonder if Spezza is going to be traded to a team that we did not know had interest in him.

Last edited:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
We saw Yzerman hold out on trading MSL until he got what he wanted (the second first)

Murray needs to adopt this strategy: do not trade Spezza unless you are happy with return. Worst case scenario is he starts the year in Ottawa: oh woe is us, having to tolerate a PPG top line centre in our lineup!!

spezza is walking next year...we have to trade at this point his value is just decreasing.

St Louis had term left

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Seriously reading the main board is making me mad as a Senators fans. I hope St-Louis doesn't get Spezza neither Stastny and get their ***** booted in the 1st round yet again. Seriously MSL, Rick Nash, Vanek and ect returned way more than their trash offers it's laughable (I know contracts and stuff are differents but overall not so much)

No jokes if I have to settle for Patrick ****ing Berglund I'll be one crazy pissed poster. He's not even in the same world of talent as Spezza and he's 26 years old, he's never going to get better, and he just had 32 pts on a waaaaaay better team than ours.

I am sad to see this is probably our last week with Spezza. I always believe in Murray, he usually makes good trades, and I'll wait before I bash him, but this is a really important trade here, can't come back with Berglund as the main piece, just can't

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Regardless of who comes back for spezza I'm gonna be shouting as loud as I can when that guy scores. None of us will be happy with the return. I trust our core. If it's Berglund maybe he will break out in the east. Playing with zibanejad. And the guy plays a 200 ft game. That's what we've been crying for. If rattie is the other peice we have another goal scorer along with puempel. Both have put up very strong numbers in their AHL rookie seasons. And who cares if it's a weak draft. A late first round is a late first round no matter what draft your in. (2003) excluded. I trust our scouts to pick up another gem. Seeing as they've been scouting for an early 2nd this entire year I'm willing to bet we pick up the gem of the late first rounders. Screw it. I like this deal.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Spezza is a better player than a lot of the proposals are suggesting. but really, who cares what those people on the internet think.
Spezza is one of the best skilled players on the planet. Some people don't see enough of him to know this.
ignore the lowballers, for murray in real life, and for us, on the internet.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
spezza is walking next year...we have to trade at this point his value is just decreasing.

St Louis had term left

If the return is no good then you hold on to him and someone is going to pay the reasonnable asking price once the year gets underway.

It's risky but not getting an acceptable return is just as risky.

I would try to trade him by Christmas. Jason would also likely be very motivated to show the teams that didn't think he was worth it that he, in fact, very much is.

I just hope Murray hasn't decided that Spezza has to be traded by the draft because he wants a first: trade him just before the season starts if you must but don't accept an offer you are not 100% happy with because "we wanted a first in this year's draft"

MSL had term but he was 38 so it evens out I'd think.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Spezza is goodand will probably be ppg next year on a good team but i still dont think teams will offer anything substantial.

Officer Fred

Jan 28, 2010
Vancouver
Seriously reading the main board is making me mad as a Senators fans. I hope St-Louis doesn't get Spezza neither Stastny and get their ***** booted in the 1st round yet again. Seriously MSL, Rick Nash, Vanek and ect returned way more than their trash offers it's laughable (I know contracts and stuff are differents but overall not so much)

No jokes if I have to settle for Patrick ****ing Berglund I'll be one crazy pissed poster. He's not even in the same world of talent as Spezza and he's 26 years old, he's never going to get better, and he just had 32 pts on a waaaaaay better team than ours.

I am sad to see this is probably our last week with Spezza. I always believe in Murray, he usually makes good trades, and I'll wait before I bash him, but this is a really important trade here, can't come back with Berglund as the main piece, just can't

It's really too bad that they traded Perron to the Oiler's for scraps. He would've been a great starting point for a Spezza deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad