Speculation: All things Spezza Round II - This time it's business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Quoting Melnyk probably isn't the best way to get your point across.

He is actually right. Murray has had no problem giving money to our young talent and ppl here are saying Ryan is going to sign an extension.

Melnyk never stated what the budget is for the coming year he said we will spend wisely. Dorian also said we will be active come July 1st therefore there is money avaliable.

Lastly, spezza salary will be out the door and possibly michalek if he doesn't sign

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
He is actually right. Murray has had no problem giving money to our young talent and ppl here are saying Ryan is going to sign an extension.

Melnyk never stated what the budget is for the coming year he said we will spend wisely. Dorian also said we will be active come July 1st therefore there is money avaliable.

Lastly, spezza salary will be out the door and possibly michalek if he doesn't sign

It doesn't matter whether he's giving money to the "young" talent or "old" talent, fact is he isn't giving money to the overall salary payroll. What age the players are doesn't effect the amount he's paying. Paying a 19 year old 2 million is the same as paying a 37 year old 2 million so I'm not sure I follow what you're saying. Anyways don't wanna make this a Melnyk thread so I'm not gonna post about this anymore. We have alot to look forward to and I think last year was an anomaly and that we'll play much better next year.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't really like Melnyk. But people that get on his back for not spending. What UFAs are out there that we absolutely need? We're not ready to contend. Let the kids develop then compliment them when a legit free agent pool comes up. Spending to the cap now does nothing. We would just over pay for average players to compliment a core no where ready to compete for a cup. So in the end. By the time we would be ready to compete. This year free agents would be 3-4 years older. Getting way to much money. And we wouldn't be able to find adequate compliments for the core.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
What UFAs are out there that we absolutely need? We're not ready to contend. Let the kids develop then compliment them when a legit free agent pool comes up.

51490278.jpg

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
They might give us Berglund just to save the money.

Spezza + Gryba/Wiercioch

for

Shattenkirk and Berglund.
I would take this and run ,gives a great number 3 center to play with lazar and can back up zbad in a pinch if he struggles.And shatty gives ceci more sheltered mins on the third pair :nod:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No. We don't automatically become a perennial last place team. I'm not saying don't spend a dime. But don't go out spending to the cap just for the sake of doing it. You don't have to be offering ridiculous contracts to free agents every single summer.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
But don't go out spending to the cap just for the sake of doing it.

I 100% agree, but at the same time, I don't really think there's anyone here who is advocating for this, either.

There's a difference between "spending to the cap because you happen to have the cap space", and "not signing/trading for a guy who fills a hole in the lineup because that player's contract doesn't fit into one of the lowest internal budgets in the league"

The Fuhr*

No. We don't automatically become a perennial last place team. I'm not saying don't spend a dime. But don't go out spending to the cap just for the sake of doing it. You don't have to be offering ridiculous contracts to free agents every single summer.

The defense gave up 261 goals and BM does not have the budget to address that

“He told me what the contract was and what he was going to do, and I said, ‘That’s great, but unless you take an equal contract back, I can’t do it,’ †Murray told the Sun Saturday.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

It's not like we used to give out ridiculous contracts to UFAs every year.

The defense gave up 261 goals and BM does not have the budget to address that

“He told me what the contract was and what he was going to do, and I said, ‘That’s great, but unless you take an equal contract back, I can’t do it,’ †Murray told the Sun Saturday.

That was in 2010

Let's see if Murray can pull something off this year

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Ottawa,s 2015 1st,Spezza and say gryba ,for berglund ,oshie and shattenkirk:handclap:

Nah, Ottawa's first rounder in 2015 should be off the table completely.

Good chance we'll get a very good player with that pick. 2015 is going to be one hell of a strong & deep draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad