Speculation: All things Spezza Round II - This time it's business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Spezza is getting moved for the wrong reasons. Its not about a culture change or two way play its about him wanting management to commit to winning aka spending. Lost Alfie for no reason and now it seems like spezza will be moved for nothing. And the lackeys murray has in the papers will try and deflect blame away from melnyk.

Penny pinching just isn't going to fly. Right now would be the time to try and go all in, with cheap contracts in Turris and the other kids, if melnyk was ever serious about spending when the time is right.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
https://twitter.com/AJonSports/status/477258853055082496

Looks like the blues are one of the serious teams and the main guy coming back is berglund.

****ing unacceptable.

At this stage if the offer is true, its a tire kicking low ball offer. The Blues have quite a few good players we may be able to pick up, so while we may not win this trade, BM can easily get some quality back.

I'm not sure on Berglund. He could be a great top 6 if he played wing, but the shoulder injury could make him the Cheechoo 2.0 of the deal.

shibster

Dec 5, 2005
If Spezza is traded and the main piece we get back is a player like Berglund then we're pretty much forced to blow the whole team up. Not enough scoring exists in the organization, and the only decent pieces in the pipeline are complimentary. We'd be just good enough to stay out of the bottom 5 but no where near the playoff hunt. It's disappointing to be wasting years on a big time impact player like Karlsson.

I still think the smartest move is to retain Spezza and Hemsky to give this core one last chance to see if they can get something done. Last season was the perfect storm of awfulness, they can do much better.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
At this stage if the offer is true, its a tire kicking low ball offer. The Blues have quite a few good players we may be able to pick up, so while we may not win this trade, BM can easily get some quality back.

I'm not sure on Berglund. He could be a great top 6 if he played wing, but the shoulder injury could make him the Cheechoo 2.0 of the deal.

Murray has been preparing us with disappoint, I'm fully expecting a 3rd liner like bonino or beglund who can play some spot up minutes in the top 6 to be the main pieces coming back.

Not worth watching or supporting this team if that happens.

Oct 10, 2010
Fans in general on twitter mention Bonino on twitter lots, and like Berglund, he doesn't interest me much at all.

We are looking at two teams with very nice assets and we'd be taking spare parts away from them for a very good player in Spezza.

John Holmes*

How are you not supposed to bash Murray if he trades Spezza for a 3rd liner that needs shoulder surgery?

That is an absolutely putrid return.

Trade Spezza for crap and re-signing Michalek is exactly what I expect to happen.

And you can't bash the owner for running us like a welfare team?

Why the hell not? They deserve it.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Murray can't do much he has to trade spezza cause he isn't resigning here

The Fuhr*

https://twitter.com/AJonSports/status/477258853055082496

Looks like the blues are one of the serious teams and the main guy coming back is berglund.

****ing unacceptable.

It willprobably be Berglund + Rattie + 1st

I'd probably get them to throw in Jani Hakanpaa too... right handed defenseman and I think the best D they have in their system... 6'6 218, physical and can skate well... hes going to become a wicked defensive defenseman

shibster

Dec 5, 2005

I don't understand the interest in this player as a centerpiece, or Ducks fans unwillingness to trade him. Third liner that put up some decent numbers on a great team while playing extremely sheltered minutes for a guy that has a decent shot in leading their team in scoring. Solidly slides Ottawa down the standings, and puts the Ducks in line with the Kings and Blackhawks.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
yup and that's because we have no commitment to win.

sounds like he would like to stay if the team could put a winner on the ice.

i think it has more to do with the fans running him out of town.

He has been the whipping boy since Redden left

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I want Jaskin more than rattie

Go for size and strength

shibster

Dec 5, 2005
Murray can't do much he has to trade spezza cause he isn't resigning here

Winning solves everything and assuages a bruised ego. I'd honestly just take the chance of Ottawa having a much better year. That would be a significant shift in things, maybe he would sign. Better than giving up on next year entirely by trading him for someone who will struggle to score half as many points.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Winning solves everything and assuages a bruised ego. I'd honestly just take the chance of Ottawa having a much better year. That would be a significant shift in things, maybe he would sign. Better than giving up on next year entirely by trading him for someone who will struggle to score half as many points.

We are rebuilding our youth took a step back last year. You need to build before u can win.

I really believe spezza has had enough of these fans. He asked for a trade before cause he emotional at the time and the fans booed him.

I think it is clear he has made his mind

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Rebulding teams don't trade away 1st rd picks for soon to be UFAs

Rebuilding teams do take risk to bring in young core members

Turris and Ryan were perfect trades especially if Murray knows he can resign them

Oct 10, 2010
We are rebuilding our youth took a step back last year. You need to build before u can win.

I really believe spezza has had enough of these fans. He asked for a trade before cause he emotional at the time and the fans booed him.

I think it is clear he has made his mind

We are in year 4 of a 3 year rebuild plan! This was supposed to be a year in which we take a step forward but it's not happening because of $$ issues.
Don't let the rebuild crap fool you. It's just an excuse not to spend.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
We are in year 4 of a 3 year rebuild plan! This was supposed to be a year in which we take a step forward but it's not happening because of $$ issues.

What do u mean money issues? We have brought in talent every year.

TThe dumbest thing a rebuilding team can do is spend to the cap before they are ready.... See Toronto

Without the emotional side involved MacArthur and Ryan in for Alfie and silverberg is brilliant and put us ahead imo. We basically brought in our current top line in the last few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad