Speculation: All things Spezza Round II - This time it's business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The blues like the idea of trying for a cup with oshie as their number 2 C. It's a borderline lateral move if they move oshie for spezza.

This is why trades are hard, two teams in different situations try and get a deal where they both win. That's why just because St. Louis is the favourite, meaning they want him the most and are calling sens the most doesn't mean they are in best position to give best deal.

I imagine we get stuck with a berglund deal or someone else with more to give wants spezza as much as St. Louis does.

Oshie is a winger. St Louis getting Spezza means they could have Spezza as the number 1 C and put Backes in the second C.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It was probably definitely not true. But his followers doesn't really determine whether his source is credible or not. Lots of people know lots of people within the NHL. Could have heard something.
I know people that know people. I hear credible things. I'm not some twitter superstar.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
It was probably definitely not true. But his followers doesn't really determine whether his source is credible or not. Lots of people know lots of people within the NHL. Could have heard something.
I know people that know people. I hear credible things. I'm not some twitter superstar.

To your point, I trust that guy SensChirp retweeted just as much as I trust Eklund.

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
He didn't retweet it because he believed it.. He did it because it was beyond stupid.. Just look at his reaction to it last night and today.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He didn't retweet it because he believed it.. He did it because it was beyond stupid.. Just look at his reaction to it last night and today.

Sens chirp also DM'd him. And I'm guessing had a more private chat with him. And seeing as how he continued to speak about it. He probably deemed the source credible in some way.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
It's easy to believe Ottawa rumours cause it's a relatively small city and everyone knows everyone.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Posted this on the main boards, but these are the deals I would OK with:

ANA-OTT

OTT: Spezza
ANA: Etem, Perreault, 24th OA

OR

ST.L- OTT

OTT: Spezza, 40th OA
ST.L: Oshie, 21st OA

I like the bolded one a lot. A variation could be Etem + 10th. Really like Virtanen out of Calgary, not sure if he drops that far though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad