OT: All Things Game of Thrones II (The thread is dark and full of spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I've watched enough of alt shift x's channel and others' to know that the 3ER has motives that aren't well known. It is highly speculated that he's got some desire to put someone on the throne.

Fan theories.

Sometimes the simplest thing is true. Don't be surprised if they're wrong. We are pretty much out of time for that stuff to come true.

Reactions: Starat327

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Fan theories.

Someonetimes the simplest thing is true.

It has little to do with his theory but feel free to justify the shitty writing that was put forth by the two creators. It is fairly obvious to me and loads of others that once those guys passed GRRM the series as a whole suffered greatly.

Its a rather poor way to end a series that has been one of misdirection, complicated characters, and backstabbing.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
No, that the Star Wars easy to see coming, play the hero shtick.
Jon could never kill the NK because he can easily defeat someone who thinks everything can be solved with a sword.
Arya was the danger he couldn't anticipate and see coming, the girl with no face coming for death.

Cersei dying that way was fitting, her stubborness and cruelty (more foreshadowing?) literally pulled her kingdom down upon her head.
Jamie was looking to die, he made that clear when he left for King's Landing, full of self-loathing.

Cersei dying that way wasnt fitting at all. Qyburn had a more satisfying death. Jamie killing her because she wanted to burn the whole city up using wild fire and choking her to death would be far better. The foreshadowing was all there, these two clowns have zero idea how to write. Hell the wildfire blowing up the city along with Jon and Arya would have been a better ending. Dany could end up along with Drogon with no one rule.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It has little to do with his theory but feel free to justify the ****ty writing that was put forth by the two creators. It is fairly obvious to me and loads of others that once those guys passed GRRM the series as a whole suffered greatly.

Its a rather poor way to end a series that has been one of misdirection, complicated characters, and backstabbing.

Sure, I'll continue to defend against incorrect assertions.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Cersei dying that way wasnt fitting at all. Qyburn had a more satisfying death. Jamie killing her because she wanted to burn the whole city up using wild fire and choking her to death would be far better. The foreshadowing was all there, these two clowns have zero idea how to write. Hell the wildfire blowing up the city along with Jon and Arya would have been a better ending. Dany could end up along with Drogon with no one rule.

Do you always get angry when a show doesn't unfold exactly how you want it to?

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Jaime and Cersei were the best characters in the show and deserved a better ending. I do like the fact that Cersei was reduced to a sobbing fearful pissant but dying due to a falling ceiling is kinda lame.

If they were always going to have this end and they should have known that years ago, they should have shown more moments where Daenerys was cruel and savage, or at the very least, shown her to be accepting the religious mantle of white savior while in Essos and believing in her own hype.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Meh

Golden Company is easy parallel to so called "Elite Fighting Forces' in history who proved overmatched and unworthy of praise

The Iraqi Republican Guard was talked of as if it was in class of the Kantemiroskaya or Taman Guard Divisions yet in combat it was outmatched and outfought in woefully one sided affairs and when attempting to flee the battlefield was obliterated by allied aircraft

It has nothing to do with their ability and everything to do with their on screen impact. They did nothing but parade out a Jamie Lannister look alike who promptly died. Wast of 3 minutes of screen time.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Do you always get angry when a show doesn't unfold exactly how you want it to?

Must be why so many others think the writing is terrible? I had zero expectations about how the show would unfold but I didn't think a show of this caliber would end up with such poor un-thought out writing. Bewildering that some of you think this acceptable in terms of quality writing.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It has nothing to do with their ability and everything to do with their on screen impact. They did nothing but parade out a Jamie Lannister look alike who promptly died. Wast of 3 minutes of screen time.

We had to see where Arya’s HorseNed came from.

I’m pretty sure the horse was the commander’s.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Incorrect assertions of what?

This is like when someone's kid drawings a crappy painting and pretends that its art because a 5 year old drew it.

Only if that 5 year olds name is Picasso. Theres plenty of art in this season. It's far from perfect, but it's not nearly as bad as you and others are trying to make it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The 3ER may have his own agenda, but it's not going to be a "human" agenda in that he's past lust and ambition.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
The 3ER may have his own agenda, but it's not going to be a "human" agenda in that he's past lust and ambition.

His agenda could be "for the good of the realm" or etc. but instead its basically the 3ER is a useless pawn. Bran's character and transformation into the 3ER has been rather useless.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hoping to see this happen to Bran in the last episode

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Only if that 5 year olds name is Picasso. Theres plenty of art in this season. It's far from perfect, but it's not nearly as bad as you and others are trying to make it.

There's been great moments of this season but its been marred with poor writing like last season. I guess Dany just "fast traveled" north of the wall to find Jon Snow and co.

Or that the NK threw a spear and killed Viserion and Drogon almost was taken out by Bronn. She had to lose Rhaegal to a scorpion as well?

There's far better writing to be created if one wanted to reduce the plot holes and lack of depth to the story.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It is crap writing, what made game of thrones so good was the lack of predictability. Perhaps you knew the characters were going to die but it wasn't so glaringly obvious. Dany's father being nutso along with her brother should have been more than enough to not do it. Admittedly I haven't read the books but once they stepped away from the source material the show got a lot worse.

Thems fighting words!
giphy.gif

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Really not shocked Dany went full on scorched earth. As Beef said the rage had been building inside of her from watching her brother die(even if he may of deserved it) her husband dying, being betrayed countless times.
Missandei being beheaded just pushed her over the edge. She trusts no one. She thinks she has lost the iron throne.
Now she is alone. Who will stay by her side? Grey Worm? Tyrion has to have realized he cant be behind her anymore and that probably cost him his life.
My money is definitely on Arya ending her.

Are you a sheep? No you are a dragon, Be a dragon.....
9wg9rxgm3gw21.jpg

Last edited:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Thems fighting words!
giphy.gif

Eh.. this is like Dave Hakstol and Hextall saying they know coaching and that no one else knows coaching. These two guys are going to create the 3rd installation of "A New Hope" because they don't have any clue on how to create a movie like Rogue One.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Incorrect assertions of what?

This is like when someone's kid drawings a crappy painting and pretends that its art because a 5 year old drew it.

Well, when people claim stuff comes out of nowhere despite it being set up for a decade. Which seems to be pretty common. Or when they make flat-out incorrect claims to support criticisms that collapse upon any sort of scrutiny.

My favorite is when people throw out stuff like "THIS WOULD'VE BEEN BETTER" and it's just garbage. Like, "Bran warging a dragon to stop it would've been best!" Yeah, no, that would be way worse.

You say you have no expectations. That's obviously false. You obviously have many expectations and you're upset that it isn't going the way you wanted. Well, that's how movies, books, and shows often go. I truly don't understand why you guys torment yourselves with something you despise. It's super easy to not watch. It's even easier than watching. Or are you all addicting to complaining?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Jaime and Cersei were the best characters in the show and deserved a better ending. I do like the fact that Cersei was reduced to a sobbing fearful pissant but dying due to a falling ceiling is kinda lame.

If they were always going to have this end and they should have known that years ago, they should have shown more moments where Daenerys was cruel and savage, or at the very least, shown her to be accepting the religious mantle of white savior while in Essos and believing in her own hype.

I think it was rather fitting how Cersei and, to a lesser extent, Jaime died. KL was the Lannister seat of power and I believe Cersei was inextricably tied to it. All she had built and defended literally and figuratively came crashing down on top of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce