OT: All Things Game of Thrones II (The thread is dark and full of spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
:laugh:

But really I'm thinking this over and how the hell is the Citadel training these ravens? Do they get out a map and show them all the cities? They whisper the location to them and then they go, I'm pretty sure. Bran must be the central meat-server for this system. This will be my personal canon.

Homing pigeon - Wikipedia

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That's totally fine and exactly my point in why Bran would do that. If you know anything about the 3ER it would make sense for him to influence events in what he would find as a favorable outcome.

Dany going mad queen is crap writing, it was probably the worse "subtle hint / build up". She could have burned down the red keep with Arya, Sandor, and etc. in it to make the show much more interesting.

It seems to me that you don't know the 3ER.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
She's never once killed an innocent person on this show, let alone thousands. I'm sorry, but it was just not believable for her to slaughter all of those people. Killing Varys? Sure. Maybe even turning on John, Tyrion or others who she thinks actually wronged her? That would be acceptable. Killing innocents is way out of character and excusing it as "she's gone mad" is just lazy and a disservice to her character.

Oh really?

-As Khaleesi the Dothraki murdered innocent people as she did nothing to stop them (Outside of few exceptions)
-She sacked a city once already = Innocent people died
-She kidnapped the heads of important families in Mareen and had dragons set them on fire and eat them because she was mad about insurrection (That was funded by other slave cities not them) = Innocent people died
-She burned the Tarly's alive = They were innocent

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
STOP THAT GROVELING!

I saw her perched on the wall, listening to the bells, and getting enraged, and I couldn't stop laughing because this was going through my head. I have problems.

Reactions: BiggE

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Blondes with large breasts in fantasy land are like scorers in the NHL, they get the benefit of the doubt from fans (Refs) with regard to their motives when they do bad things.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
To me, if there's anything to complain about about this episode and season in total, its the involvement of the golden company. You want 5 minutes for backstory for other things? Take it from any scene that has the golden company in it. That was a waste.

Meh

Golden Company is easy parallel to so called "Elite Fighting Forces' in history who proved overmatched and unworthy of praise

The Iraqi Republican Guard was talked of as if it was in class of the Kantemiroskaya or Taman Guard Divisions yet in combat it was outmatched and outfought in woefully one sided affairs and when attempting to flee the battlefield was obliterated by allied aircraft

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Meh

Golden Company is easy parallel to so called "Elite Fighting Forces' in history who proved overmatched and unworthy of praise

The Iraqi Republican Guard was talked of as if it was in class of the Kantemiroskaya or Taman Guard Divisions yet in combat it was outmatched and outfought in woefully one sided affairs and when attempting to flee the battlefield was obliterated by allied aircraft

European history has shown that mercenary units have a tendency to let enemies go so they can keep the war going and maximize profits.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
European history has shown that mercenary units have a tendency to let enemies go so they can keep the war going and maximize profits.

True

But in this case the mercs don't have anywhere to hide and as seen when fleeing the dragon they were like ants being roasted under a microscope

Also hiding among the civilian population provides no protection since Dany is burning entire city

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Robb and now Jon have mucked up the Stark family name to point that it probably cant be redeemed in Westeros

Robb the oathbreaker and Jon who allied the North with a genocidal Queen

I know Jon is a bastard but the North legitimized him as "Jon Stark" the "King of the North"

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Robb and now Jon have mucked up the Stark family name to point that it probably cant be redeemed in Westeros

Robb the oathbreaker and Jon who allied the North with a genocidal Queen

I know Jon is a bastard but the North legitimized him as "Jon Stark" the "King of the North"

When he is actually "Aegon Targaryen" the "King of Nothing If He Can Help It"

Luckily the Boltons were the only real, main threat to the Starks and they're a bit extinct.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
So my wonderful ******* of a wife decided last night, after being completely disinterested in game of thrones, that she might want to watch it. From the beginning. With me.

giphy.gif

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
It seems to me that you don't know the 3ER.

I've watched enough of alt shift x's channel and others' to know that the 3ER has motives that aren't well known. It is highly speculated that he's got some desire to put someone on the throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce