OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XI - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
what actually will kill over 100 million people is world wide food shortages but it's tough to get round the clock news coverage on that.
I`ve been volunteering at a food bank up the street during this and while I have long heard food banks/charities often discuss shortfalls on supplies, until recently seeing it in person, it`s frightening how dire things are at the food bank I have been at for a few weeks

Not going to lie, been guilty of ignoring the pleas but no longer. There isn`t a trip I have taken to the grocery store where I don`t pick up a few extra items and place them in the bin that most stores have which are donation bins. If you can financially, please pay it forward.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
It amazes me why you can't see the problem... forget about the media, look at the body work and the decision making... if you can't see nothing wrong then there's no point in discussing it.

The people coming in to say the thread has gotten worse were the same people posting opinions early on that Covid19 wasn't that big of a deal. Posted that people were overreacting.

They shared articles that were heavily biased, got debunked, then doubled down.

I appreciate that "alternative facts" are being shot down in here. You would just hope that people would learn and grow from it instead of claiming they are victims of the echo chamber.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Funny coincidence: the only people I hear claim these sorts of things (one of whom is my father) just so happen to have downplayed the virus when it first came into existence and talked about how we shouldn’t stop our lives for it.

It is nothing more than people believing how they want things to be, rather than how they actually are.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Funny coincidence: the only people I hear claim these sorts of things (one of whom is my father) just so happen to have downplayed the virus when it first came into existence and talked about how we shouldn’t stop our lives for it.

It is nothing more than people believing how they want things to be, rather than how they actually are.
Pretty much.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The people coming in to say the thread has gotten worse were the same people posting opinions early on that Covid19 wasn't that big of a deal. Posted that people were overreacting.

I appreciate that "alternative facts" are being shot down in here. You would just hope that people would learn and grow from it instead of claiming they are victims of the echo chamber.
Nailed it.

There is nothing worse than someone refusing to learn and grow. You don't have to agree but if you're not willing to put in the effort then you have no business laying the victim card.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
The city of Somerville made an announcement that face masks are required for all shared outdoor spaces beginning this Wednesday. I assume Cambridge will do the same. I believe they are meeting tonight.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
He earned the leaning in by the press as a result of his stupid remarks regularly delivered by him.
Yes and no.

For sure he is a moron on a daily basis, and clearly more concerned with his ego than facts. However, everyone knows this now. Who is the media trying to convince? The hardcore supporters in the South? That’s an utter waste of time.

Further, how is discussing the timeline of his errors bringing us closer to decisions on the present and future? If this is as mission critical as we are led to believe, revisiting history to assign blame is a wasted exercise. Do that when the project is over, not every day of the GD project!

Reactions: CDJ

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

plenty of politicians did that on both sides of the aisle along with their media outlets, do we get to hold them accountable too?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Well you had certain leaders telling their citizens to go out in crowds saying their was nothing to worry about. They are in a leadership role too and should all be accountable just like Trump
Absolutely they should. Be we also shouldn't be surprised when the actual President takes up the majority of the coverage.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
not that great in Quebec though, if we were a state we'd have more casualties than 80% of American states.

Well compare apple with apple. Boston region and Mass. are not doing better than Quebec. If you look at this, big NA towns, especially in the north east are struggling. New York, Boston, Montreal. Again the story is still ongoing...

As for our older population, which are the CHSLD long term for our most vulnerable population , the system is now showing it’s wickness. We have put in more than than 3 times more elderly people in our long term care than most which is now the biggest issu here because the covid target these population in a deadly matter. Our old population represent more than +- 75% of our death which is an absolute disgrace and our Covid But that has nothing to do with our actual government, more with a system. You, I, all government past and actual, everyone in our Province are responsible for this. When I am not asking/following on a known problem for years, when shit happens we need to be accountable. I am ashame of myself for having letting our senior being parked in long term.

Now, investigation will be done, and response needed at the end of this. Now energy needs to be put in to control and help our needed one.

Won’t compare this shit and the damage done between places here, there and the moon....but if done use atleast logic comparable. In my pov i am sad, mad and ashame of myself not having been more preoccupied when voting to the party and politics in the past on our senior health care system. I blame myself for it... what about you!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Well you had certain leaders telling their citizens to go out in crowds saying their was nothing to worry about. They are in a leadership role too and should all be accountable just like Trump
Allow me to de-bunk something for you and others.

At the beginning of the pandemic (February), when the WHO was saying there was nothing to be concerned about, there were politicians such as Nancy Pelosi and even Marty Walsh in Boston saying you don't have to stop going to Chinatown. This was due to a massive drop in tourism as well as incidents where Asian Americans were being attacked verbally, physically or with chemicals like lysol and febreeze and accused of causing the spread of Coronavirus. They wanted constituents to stop being afraid based on the scientific evidence they had at the time.

Of course you have the other side trying to weaponize this to fit their agenda.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/04/23/trump-versus-pelosi-what-happened-chinatown/

That said, if an elected official on either side is dismissing this virus now, yea you deserve all the backlash you get.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

:thumbu:

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

I don't believe many of them are saying that now. The difference is Trump and others continue to be a problem.

It's almost like people changed their tune as more facts and information became available, even if it went against what they originally thought. Who'da thunk it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad