Sep 25, 2013
New York City
See new Tweets
Conversation

CBS New York
@CBSNewYork

·
Apr 25
Did you get out to enjoy the nice weather? You're not alone. New York City is still essentially shut down, but at Central Park, it looked almost like a normal Saturday.
@NickJCaloway reports.

See new Tweets
ConversationNew Yorkers gather in Central Park: SMART New Yorkers gather in germ canister subways: SMART Floridans attend beach: MORONS WHO DESERVE TO GET SICK

CBS New York
@CBSNewYork
Apr 25

Your point?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
On New Year’s Eve, when a Canadian company called BlueDot first got an alert from its computer system that a mysterious disease was spreading in China, their algorithm started churning through data to predict where coronavirus would go next. https://cbsn.ws/3bHPZ49

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just found out one of my best friends tested positive for this. He's in good spirits, and breathing is fine. Under self quarantine for the time being. Has a body rash and no sense of taste or smell, but said other than that he feels fine. Hoping it's a mild case and he's back on his feet soon.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Just found out one of my best friends tested positive for this. He's in good spirits, and breathing is fine. Under self quarantine for the time being. Has a body rash and no sense of taste or smell, but said other than that he feels fine. Hoping it's a mild case and he's back on his feet soon.
Sorry to hear this. I hope it doesn't get worse and that he heals quickly

Reactions: LSCII and Maine Fan

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Got that message from the City of Somerville today and couldn't be happier. While I think the City of Somerville and a lot of residents are doing a good job, there is still a concerning amount of people out and about (especially joggers) not wearing masks. This only works if everyone is doing their part, the least you can do is wear a mask.

I fail to see the logic in wearing a mask while you're jogging or walking separate from others. Just another measure to alarm people and give others a chance to judge.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Best wishes to your friend, you stay away from him. How old is he? Do most people get a rash, if yes, I missed that point?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Best wishes to your friend, you stay away from him. How old is he? Do most people get a rash, if yes, I missed that point?

Spots On Toes And Rashes Join Weird New Symptoms Of Coronavirus

In one report from Italy, 20% of the patients had a skin rash, half at the onset of illness, and half later. There was not one specific type of rash; some were like hives, others a lacy pattern called livedo reticularis, and others were described as “chilblains” or “pernio,” with frostbite like lesions, and some were even like chickenpox.

Reactions: LSCII and Maine Fan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I fail to see the logic in wearing a mask while you're jogging or walking separate from others. Just another measure to alarm people and give others a chance to judge.
With the warm weather everyone wants to be out which is making it impossible to social distance.

It is supposed to be in the 60's this weekend and the parks and trails are going to be jam packed yet again.

Reactions: Estlin

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I certainly hope the media picks up on these numbers and broadcasts as loudly as they do the daily death counts.

15% of NY state and 24% of the city is a ton of people and clearly moves the needle on the overall death rate. One would think that type of news would be shouted from the rooftops.
Sadly it will get buried. I am looking forward to seeing the numbers here from the Mass General study

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I certainly hope the media picks up on these numbers and broadcasts as loudly as they do the daily death counts.

15% of NY state and 24% of the city is a ton of people and clearly moves the needle on the overall death rate. One would think that type of news would be shouted from the rooftops.

Its being publicized but there is a catch.....although folks are producing antibodies nobody knows yet if its enough to not get infected again.

Thats why blood/plasma donation is sought to run tests. for both short term reopening of things and possible pathway to a vaccine.

Its 'no repeat' that will be an absolute game changer if there.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
With the warm weather everyone wants to be out which is making it impossible to social distance.

It is supposed to be in the 60's this weekend and the parks and trails are going to be jam packed yet again.
It is the same here....All people goes out when temperatures warm up. Easier task for social distances when it is cold outside.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Its being publicized but there is a catch.....although folks are producing antibodies nobody knows yet if its enough to not get infected again.

Thats why blood/plasma donation is sought to run tests. for both short term reopening of things and possible pathway to a vaccine.

Its 'no repeat' that will be an absolute game changer if there.
Gee Wally, do you know if blood test has been done to identify if C19 has mutation and if someone can have it more than once. All i read seem that nothing can prove or not this element.

blurbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Somerville, MA
Visit site
If you live in a densely populated place like Somerville a lot of times people either don't, or it is hard to maintain 6ft distance. Masks provide an additional barrier, and if you have covid (and are asymptomatic) a mask combined with social distancing are effective to prevent you from infecting other people.

If you are running, you are breathing more heavily and it's possible water droplets can travel further than the prescribed 6ft. This hasn't been peer reviewed yet, but what's the harm in wearing a mask?

Are we really at a point where people are alarmed at the sight of masks, even when some stores have started requiring patrons to wear them?

What are people going to judge you about?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

If a person is expected to social distance, I think they are to be trusted to do so. Now if that person doesn't do a good job then shame on them, but if we are going to start anointing ourselves social judges based on what we THINK someone might or might not be able to do, that's a problem IMO.

If people are somehow walking around outside and actively WORRIED about contracting it from people on the road, then just stay far enough away and protect yourself. Or, don't go out. Clearly people walking and running are equally aware of the coronavirus.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
If you live in a densely populated place like Somerville a lot of times people either don't, or it is hard to maintain 6ft distance. Masks provide an additional barrier, and if you have covid (and are asymptomatic) a mask combined with social distancing are effective to prevent you from infecting other people.

If you are running, you are breathing more heavily and it's possible water droplets can travel further than the prescribed 6ft. This hasn't been peer reviewed yet, but what's the harm in wearing a mask?

Are we really at a point where people are alarmed at the sight of masks, even when some stores have started requiring patrons to wear them?

What are people going to judge you about?

But people are, aren't they? If it's not a law to wear a mask, why are we talking about it? Obviously stores and private business I'd exclude from this...seems fair and reasonable to expect people to wear them there, if they aren't already mandated by the store.

And I would argue yes, people are alarmed at it. I know my kids are. I think a massive deviation from normal behavior would alarm any kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->