OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XI - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The guy was spitballing, people do that, sometimes it unearths poop, sometimes ideas.

Also as I understand UV has even been tested on cancer.

Yes, I said the same thing the day it happened. UV is still a treatment for some skin cancer, but the long term side effects are? Skin cancer. lol

And to him spitballing, sure. Which is why his response the next day shouldn't have been "I was being sarcastic, how do you not know that?", but rather, yeah, I was throwing shit against a wall to see what would stick. I've now consulted with a number of medical experts and realize it was not a good suggestion. And the world would have moved on. Instead he lies, which is the problem.

But again, you're proving my point. Just say it was dumb and move on. :laugh:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
People calling it a hoax. It's insane.

i guess they all think it's a hoax until they get it. although a friend of mine who lives on
eastern long island said his neighbors got it, recovered, and still think it's BS because
"all i got was a cold". as you said, you just cannot fix stupid and brainwashed.

also, i'm with you on the delouse and shower program. my washer is getting a good workout.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
20200426_123413.jpg

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Yes, I said the same thing the day it happened. UV is still a treatment for some skin cancer, but the long term side effects are? Skin cancer. lol

And to him spitballing, sure. Which is why his response the next day shouldn't have been "I was being sarcastic, how do you not know that?", but rather, yeah, I was throwing shit against a wall to see what would stick. I've now consulted with a number of medical experts and realize it was not a good suggestion. And the world would have moved on. Instead he lies, which is the problem.

But again, you're proving my point. Just say it was dumb and move on. :laugh:

Everyone should have moved in seconds later but the media made it there days of bs.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Trump is what he is. The problem are the people who know better (they are intelligent) and voted for him. I get 65 M people have sub 90 IQ and many will believe anything you tell them but those who aren’t should be embarrassed

Had a discussion with a Professor buddy of mine and we were talking about the protests and he brought up an interesting point of view. His thought was what they were really protesting was less about being angry at particular governments for being very cautious opening up, the bigger issue was/is this. He felt if the government offered individuals/small businesses truly considerable financial aid to help individuals and families alike be able to get through this maybe this type of thing could have been avoided?

Makes some sense, as I stated in my original post, I have been impressed with the government here and we had a social distance coffee with a few in our complex last night, one a single mother of 2 children who applied for and received just under $3000 from all applications she sent in which she said was "almost" what she makes in a month in her job.

It was an interesting point of view my buddy had, not sure if it`s true as I don`t know a ton about the cheques being sent out in the States

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
NewYork first phase economic re-opening will involve "low-risk" construction and manufacturing activities, announces @NYGovCuomo.
Show this thread

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Everyone should have moved in seconds later but the media made it there days of bs.

Or he could have just not said it. Everybody with a brain across all social media platforms is mocking him. He’s being taken to Meme city. That has nothing to do with the media

Not everything has to do with media bias. Sometimes the idiots says idiotic things then people laugh at and face palm at the idiot saying idiotic things. That is what is happening here with Trumps expert medical advice

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

No, he made it a bigger story by saying it then trying to pass it off as a joke.

And you still haven't answered me. Do you think he was aware of UV treatments? If so, why then pass it off as a joke? There's a lie in one of those statements, no? Pick whichever you want, still isn't good.

17of26

Sep 9, 2008

They had to do that because people took Trump's uninformed 'spitballing' as advice:
States see spike in poison control calls following Trump's comments on injecting disinfectant
NYC Poison Control Sees Uptick In Calls After Trump's Disinfectant Comments

Same thing happened with his hydroxychloroquine nonsense. That was even worse because it created a shortage of the drug for people who actually needed it.

'Spitballing' is for closed door meetings, not nationally televised press conferences. The man clearly has no clue about anything, and these comments from him are 100% irresponsible and dangerous.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Or he could have just not said it. Everybody with a brain across all social media platforms is mocking him. He’s being taken to Meme city. That has nothing to do with the media

Not everything has to do with media bias. Sometimes the idiots says idiotic things then people laugh at and face palm at the idiot saying idiotic things. That is what is happening here with Trumps expert medical advice

It's who he is, if he thinks it he says it.

Reactions: CDJ

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
No, he made it a bigger story by saying it then trying to pass it off as a joke.

And you still haven't answered me. Do you think he was aware of UV treatments? If so, why then pass it off as a joke? There's a lie in one of those statements, no? Pick whichever you want, still isn't good.

I still think it's meaningless.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
They had to do that because people took Trump's uninformed 'spitballing' as advice:
States see spike in poison control calls following Trump's comments on injecting disinfectant
NYC Poison Control Sees Uptick In Calls After Trump's Disinfectant Comments

Same thing happened with his hydroxychloroquine nonsense. That was even worse because it created a shortage of the drug for people who actually needed it.

'Spitballing' is for closed door meetings, not nationally televised press conferences. The man clearly has no clue about anything, and these comments from him are 100% irresponsible and dangerous.

I'm pretty sure the idiot reporter who asked if Trump meant we should be injecting it was more of an idiot but that's my opinion.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I respect that most people on here are playing this virus very cautiously, but I have to admit I am really puzzled by the face masks on people going for walks, or riding bikes. I totally get it if you are particularly old or particularly vulnerable if you want to be extra cautious, but I have zero idea why a middle aged person or younger would wear a mask when they are nowhere near other people.

And forget about it with people driving by themselves with their masks on. That one really baffles me.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I respect that most people on here are playing this virus very cautiously, but I have to admit I am really puzzled by the face masks on people going for walks, or riding bikes. I totally get it if you are particularly old or particularly vulnerable if you want to be extra cautious, but I have zero idea why a middle aged person or younger would wear a mask when they are nowhere near other people.

And forget about it with people driving by themselves with their masks on. That one really baffles me.

Once you have the mask on taking it off again is touching your face. In my town you may not enter anyplace without a mask. So once it's on may as well wait until you can properly disinfect.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

N95 masks protect the wearer and those around them. Surgical masks protect others.
Thats the key . Protection of others for most.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
And that's a problem when he's the President of the United States. We should be holding the President to a higher standard than the rest of us

Geraldo made the infamous quote " In the 45 years I have known my friend Donald Trump he has never had a thought he didn't say out loud" well before he was elected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad