OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XI - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

A few questions for you on this. Do you think Trump was honestly aware of that, and if he was, why would he come out the next day and say he was joking? And secondly, even if he was aware of that treatment (Blood irradiation, which was used mainly back in the 30s and 40s before antibiotics existed and dumped after antibiotics were proven more effective) what about his question of injecting disinfectants? That's still out there with no reasonable defense, no?

It amazes me how far his supporters will go to not only excuse the stupid things he says, but to flat out try to justify them. I'd have more respect for them collectively if they could even be a little objective and say it was stupid and move on. But his base never does. Never.

He was aware, barely....I can show you the exact moment he learned about it.

45-CA8586-6-CA0-443-B-9-BD8-0457-C670-FB75.jpg

Dr. Don then kicked in and said “we’re going to take the coal out and clean it” wait no..my bad, we’re going to stick a flashlight up your ass and then go into the lungs and give them a good Clorox scrub

As for the bolded, well, yeah it’s very amazing and very unfortunate.

member 96824

Everyone should have moved in seconds later but the media made it there days of bs.

If Donald came out and said “yeah I was just rambling yesterday that was my b.” It would have been over.

Instead he’s hellbent on making his supporters look like fools. It was media bias, wait no sarcasm, wait no off the cuff spitballin’ to a laboratory expert also named Deborah.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
If Donald came out and said “yeah I was just rambling yesterday that was my b.” It would have been over.

Instead he’s hellbent on making his supporters look like fools. It was media bias, wait no sarcasm, wait no off the cuff spitballin’ to a laboratory expert also named Deborah.

The mental gymnastics would put Simone Biles in awe

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
N95 masks protect the wearer and those around them. Surgical masks protect others.
Thats the key . Protection of others for most.
I get that. I just don’t follow why people would wear one when away from people. In a store or a group, makes sense to me. On a bike ride by yourself...what’s the point?

Reactions: DKH

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Public health officials in Quebec announced that 69 more people have died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths in the province to 1,515.
The number of deaths caused by COVID-19 in Quebec jumped above 1,500 Sunday, as the government announced that 1,508 have now died from the disease.

MONTREAL.CTVNEWS.CA
COVID-19 deaths in Quebec pass 1,500, with 840 new cases confirmed
The number of deaths caused by COVID-19 in Quebec jumped above 1,500 Sunday, as the government announced that 1,508 have now died from the disease. Getting close to California for deaths with 4 times less the population,what’s going on Quebec.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I respect that most people on here are playing this virus very cautiously, but I have to admit I am really puzzled by the face masks on people going for walks, or riding bikes. I totally get it if you are particularly old or particularly vulnerable if you want to be extra cautious, but I have zero idea why a middle aged person or younger would wear a mask when they are nowhere near other people.

And forget about it with people driving by themselves with their masks on. That one really baffles me.

It's not hard to understand:

Reactions: Spooner st

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
They never discovered a vaccine for SARS. Or HIV. Or Ebola. If Covid mutates into different strains, then they start over, or need to refine periodically like Influenza. A vaccine for Covid is undoubtedly getting a lot of focus, but getting it isn't guaranteed.

I never paid attention to whether they discovered a vaccine for the viruses you mentioned. COVID-19 will be difficult. The U.S. needs to understand that a complete lockdown is too much left, and a full opening is too much right, so we need to consider a middle approach while minimizing the death rate for the elderly and getting the young kids back in school so attacking these problems will effectively start to get the U.S. on a positive track. The hit and miss crap the U.S. is doing today, flying by the seat of our pants, is only going to lengthen the process.

The U.S. needs a leader today, period.

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Virtually all of my right-leaning friends are either questioning or mocking people who are wearing masks while they run, bike, or drive. The driving one I get for the most part but the others? I don’t understand

Reactions: LSCII

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Virtually all of my right-leaning friends are either questioning or mocking people who are wearing masks while they run, bike, or drive. The driving one I get for the most part but the others? I don’t understand

We know so little about the virus but you know how you can be behind a car and the driver blows smoke out the window and you smell it? Can that transmit the virus, the smoke reaches you....I have no idea but it makes me think.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I get that. I just don’t follow why people would wear one when away from people. In a store or a group, makes sense to me. On a bike ride by yourself...what’s the point?

for us awareness. Less amount of times you touch it less chance of something migrating from your hands. but yeah,,,way out somewhere...why...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It's who he is, if he thinks it he says it.
Yes he definitely believed it. I’ve noticed friends of mine who do supported and defended him using the idiot label and concerned about his behavior unprovoked lately. I hope this isn’t just a Massachusetts thing

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
The city of Somerville also put out something about 15 feet being needed for runners and bikers to help limit the spread of Covid.
I don’t know how the hell anyone can even run while wearing a mask. I’d be gasping like crazy.

Reactions: LSCII

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Yes he definitely believed it. I’ve noticed friends of mine who do supported and defended him using the idiot label and concerned about his behavior unprovoked lately. I hope this isn’t just a Massachusetts thing

Coming out of a failed impeachment into this horror show I'm quite surprised he isn't already wearing a sweater with extra long sleeves and buttons in the back.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
The city of Somerville also put out something about 15 feet being needed for runners and bikers to help limit the spread of Covid.
I don’t know how the hell anyone can even run while wearing a mask. I’d be gasping like crazy.

I went for a run on Monday. Took a different route where I zigged and zagged up and down side stresses off of one of my usual routes. I wore a buff around my neck and pulled it up over my face as I approached anyone - either out for a walk/run themselves or sitting in their front yard.

It was awful. When I was wearing it, it was very difficult to breathe and I was essentially breathing in hot air. When I wasn’t wearing it, I was worried there may be people behind me that I couldn’t see. Some people I passed has face coverings but not all.

I miss running but I won’t be doing it again soon.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I have been riding my bike while wearing a mask. Breathing through it is a tad difficult but not a hardship. My body adjusts accordingly. Better that than contracting COVID-19.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Right, I get that. I don’t usually wear mine while driving, but I do everywhere else.

I don't wear one while driving my pickup but I am the only one in my pickup, and my wife is the only one that has been in my truck since the middle of February. Everywhere else, except inside my home, I wear a mask. I am trying to save my life, and if I get it the virus, I might save someone else's life. I am a diabetic, so Friday, I used my insulin needle to suck up some Lysol, and I injected it into me. I peed white stuff, so I must be clean, no virus. Yesterday I tried to shove a 60 watt light bulb up my butt hole, but it wouldn't go, just trying to follow the directions of the U.S. leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad