OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XI - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
46% increase in prescriptions for anti-malaria drugs touted by Trump, yet the science says they don't work for COVID-19.

OH my God, what is next? Injecting Lysol into your veins? Sticking a light bulb up your ass? Having sex with Stormy Daniels while your wife has your baby? Donald K Trump virus?
Give me a break.

Reactions: lopey and Ladyfan

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
46% increase in prescriptions for anti-malaria drugs touted by Trump, yet the science says they don't work for COVID-19.

OH my God, what is next? Injecting Lysol into your veins? Sticking a light bulb up your ass? Having sex with Stormy Daniels while your wife has your baby? Donald K Trump virus?
Give me a break.

If the drugs require a prescription to obtain, it begs the question as to whether the idiots that listen to him are at fault, or the doctors writing the prescriptions are at fault.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island

Give me a break.

Wait until you hear what science says about the possibility of a coronavirus-19 vaccine.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
And this is why this virus isn't going to go away any time soon. Too many people have the stupid and just don't get it.

Thousands of Californians flock to open beaches despite Gov. Newsom's pleas for them to stay home | Daily Mail Online

You need to accept reality that virtually everyone is going to be exposed. These lockdowns and distancing are not designed or capable of making the virus "go away". What we're doing is trying to save a percentage of people who would die if hospitals get overrun. Which at this point is not even close to happening.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
If the drugs require a prescription to obtain, it begs the question as to whether the idiots that listen to him are at fault, or the doctors writing the prescriptions are at fault.

I think it was at the time before we knew that they didn't work. Otherwise I agree with you 100%.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You need to accept reality that virtually everyone is going to be exposed. These lockdowns and distancing are not designed or capable of making the virus "go away". What we're doing is trying to save a percentage of people who would die if hospitals get overrun. Which at this point is not even close to happening.

the virus is in over 180 countries. Its everywhere

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
Are you speaking about the projected availability of late summer 2021 by Bill Gates for the vaccine?

They never discovered a vaccine for SARS. Or HIV. Or Ebola. If Covid mutates into different strains, then they start over, or need to refine periodically like Influenza. A vaccine for Covid is certainly getting a lot of focus, but getting there isn't guaranteed.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
And you, my friend, are the first person I’ve heard raise that point. It’s only 10:05 am, but this might be the “Post of the Day.”

Reactions: lopey

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

So go to NY and lick door knobs and show us all how it needs to be done.

It's one thing to understand and accept that this virus is here and people will be exposed. It's an entirely different animal to be doing what people doing like going to rallies, or beaches, or gathering with friends just because they're bored or dumb. It's flat out stupid because you're making the peak last longer, meaning more people will die. The economy is already tanked at this point. It will bounce back eventually, but it's turfed, so why the rush? Makes zero sense other than being politically motivated, IMO, and that's a shit reason to have more people exposed/more people die.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
They never discovered a vaccine for SARS. Or HIV. Or Ebola. If Covid mutates into different strains, then they start over, or need to refine periodically like Influenza. A vaccine for Covid is certainly getting a lot of focus, but getting there isn't guaranteed.

Exactly. Unfortunately, the lack of common sense around how this has been handled is off the charts and the current internet generation that are expecting and used to instant gratification is part of the problem. So their focus is fixing the issue with a vaccine. Why not let the flare up run its course and die down? If you find a vaccine while this is happening, great, but like the very rushed H1N1 vaccine, I expect a lot of people will experience severe injuries because of this rush. I'd rather take the time, test, test, test, and then give people a finished product instead.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
So go to NY and lick door knobs and show us all how it needs to be done.

It's one thing to understand and accept that this virus is here and people will be exposed. It's an entirely different animal to be doing what people doing like going to rallies, or beaches, or gathering with friends just because they're bored or dumb. It's flat out stupid because you're making the peak last longer, meaning more people will die. The economy is already tanked at this point. It will bounce back eventually, but it's turfed, so why the rush? Makes zero sense other than being politically motivated, IMO, and that's a shit reason to have more people exposed/more people die.

how do you tell Chelsea residents to stay home who are waiting in food lines trying to survive, meanwhile the virus just keeps spreading there

Chelsea COVID-19 Cases Double, Rates Higher In Cities

Reactions: Scruffy

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
how do you tell Chelsea residents to stay home who are waiting in food lines trying to survive, meanwhile to virus just keeps spreading there

Chelsea COVID-19 Cases Double, Rates Higher In Cities

There are plenty of ways to fix that. Drop offs, scheduled pick up times to limit the flow of people, etc. Just saying f*** it, what can we do isn't an acceptable answer. The more people you make wait in line like that with no distancing, the longer this is going to run, and it becomes a self perpetuating issue. People wait in line, more people get exposed, the exposed then wait in line and expose more people, etc. You can't compound it because you're tired or bored with the shutdown.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
There are plenty of ways to fix that. Drop offs, scheduled pick up times to limit the flow of people, etc. Just saying f*** it, what can we do isn't an acceptable answer. The more people you make wait in line like that with no distancing, the longer this is going to run, and it becomes a self perpetuating issue. People wait in line, more people get exposed, the exposed then wait in line and expose more people, etc. You can't compound it because you're tired or bored with the shutdown.

that works for many people sure, but food banks aren't set up like that, you wait for hours for a small bag of food and it's happening everywhere in food banks around the country

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
that works for many people sure, but food banks aren't set up like that, you wait for hours for a small bag of food and it's happening everywhere in food banks around the country

But again, why just accept it? In my town, which I get is smaller than urban areas, they set up specific hours, limit the amount of people coming and going into the bank, and also do deliveries to the higher risk patients. And while people are outside, they make them stand apart. It's common sense, mostly. Rather than just accept it, why not try to fix it? Chelsea could easily assign times by last name or address, or a number of other criteria, which would result in no lines. They could also have someone outside controlling the flow of people, but they aren't. It's dumb.

But sure, let's just say f*** it because it's harder. :laugh:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
But again, why just accept it? In my town, which I get is smaller than urban areas, they set up specific hours, limit the amount of people coming and going into the bank, and also do deliveries to the higher risk patients. And while people are outside, they make them stand apart. It's common sense, mostly. Rather than just accept it, why not try to fix it? Chelsea could easily assign times by last name or address, or a number of other criteria, which would result in no lines. They could also have someone outside controlling the flow of people, but they aren't. It's dumb.

But sure, let's just say f*** it because it's harder. :laugh:

Grocery stores and food lines just seem like a hot spot to me. Everybody needs food so to me we can practice all the techniques possible there will still be holes in the defense. Subways are also still open in NYC and other cities right? I tried online ordering a few times, site was so slow and there were no available dates for delivery when I attempted.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/levis-iga-19-employees-catch-covid-1.5545107

Last edited:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
This kind of reporting is really ticking me off.

It is famously known USS Comfort was here to treat patients not in danger of Covid. It was here for everything else if NYC hospitals were overwhelmed.

I'm not sure about the tents and it's horrible these people were not cared for but the rest of it is the worst kind of reporting.[/QUOTE. Yes but putting elderly infected patients into nursing homes,worked out so well ,you do realize over 50% of deaths have come from nursing homes.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Grocery stores and food lines just seem like a hot spot to me. Everybody needs food so to me we can practice all the techniques possible there will still be holes in the defense. Subways are also still open in NYC and other cities right? I tried online ordering a few times, site was so slow and there were no available dates for delivery when I attempted.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/levis-iga-19-employees-catch-covid-1.5545107

I ran an errand yesterday, did a contact-less pickup for some yard supplies. On the drive to the shop, I watched people all gathering, walking around with no masks, hanging out in line at the Clam Box takeout stand, another line in front of the ice cream place, etc. Nobody, not a single f***ing person had any protective gear. No masks, no gloves. Standing in line waiting for their chance to order.

Again, this is basic common sense stuff. What we're fighting here are two things. 1 is the virus, the second is the sheer overwhelming amount of stupid there is in this world.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I ran an errand yesterday, did a contact-less pickup for some yard supplies. On the drive to the shop, I watched people all gathering, walking around with no masks, hanging out in line at the Clam Box takeout stand, another line in front of the ice cream place, etc. Nobody, not a single f***ing person had any protective gear. No masks, no gloves. Standing in line waiting for their chance to order.

Again, this is basic common sense stuff. What we're fighting here are two things. 1 is the virus, the second is the sheer overwhelming amount of stupid there is in this world.

now imagine all this activity happening in every country city and town around the world. saw the same here, lineups for ice cream across the street from me yesterday. Canadian tire and every other store looks busy. Its one step forward 20 steps back, so I agree we aren't really set up as a society to eliminate the virus but we can practice safe measure as not to overwhelm the hospitals as best we can. Every country is going to try to reopen from this is a cautious way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad