OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XI - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I ran an errand yesterday, did a contact-less pickup for some yard supplies. On the drive to the shop, I watched people all gathering, walking around with no masks, hanging out in line at the Clam Box takeout stand, another line in front of the ice cream place, etc. Nobody, not a single f***ing person had any protective gear. No masks, no gloves. Standing in line waiting for their chance to order.

Again, this is basic common sense stuff. What we're fighting here are two things. 1 is the virus, the second is the sheer overwhelming amount of stupid there is in this world.

same exact thing with that seafood takeout place by the canal. Plus the canal parking lot was packed with people swarming around the rec area. Looked busier than a normal summer day

INSANE.

Reactions: LSCII

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I ran an errand yesterday, did a contact-less pickup for some yard supplies. On the drive to the shop, I watched people all gathering, walking around with no masks, hanging out in line at the Clam Box takeout stand, another line in front of the ice cream place, etc. Nobody, not a single f***ing person had any protective gear. No masks, no gloves. Standing in line waiting for their chance to order.

Again, this is basic common sense stuff. What we're fighting here are two things. 1 is the virus, the second is the sheer overwhelming amount of stupid there is in this world.

Hey, people took a month off, pandemic over - let’s get some ice cream!!!

Reactions: CDJ and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
now imagine all this activity happening in every country city and town around the world. saw the same here, lineups for ice cream across the street from me yesterday. Canadian tire and every other store looks busy. Its one step forward 20 steps back, so I agree we aren't really set up as a society to eliminate the virus but we can practice safe measure as not to overwhelm the hospitals as best we can. Every country is going to try to reopen from this is a cautious way

Yep. The issue down here is that too many people aren't wearing masks. I do grocery pick up only, where the people come out and put it in your car. No touch. I also get out of my car and stand 15 feet away from them as they load it up. But even then, half the workers aren't wearing anything. No gloves, no masks, and the people they're loading up aren't either. The people going into the store itself, are not wearing anything in terms of gloves or face coverings. That's why stores are a hot spot. Because a higher than it should be percentage of the population isn't taking it seriously, or flat out think it's a hoax. Still see that on social media every day. People calling it a hoax. It's insane.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Yep. The issue down here is that too many people aren't wearing masks. I do grocery pick up only, where the people come out and put it in your car. No touch. I also get out of my car and stand 15 feet away from them as they load it up. But even then, half the workers aren't wearing anything. No gloves, no masks, and the people they're loading up aren't either. The people going into the store itself, are not wearing anything in terms of gloves or face coverings. That's why stores are a hot spot. Because a higher than it should be percentage of the population isn't taking it seriously, or flat out think it's a hoax. Still see that on social media every day. People calling it a hoax. It's insane.

the super markets shouldn’t let anyone in without a mask, period.

people are asked to do 2 simple things, give about 6 feet of space and wear a freaking mask.

just not that difficult...

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Well I appreciate it. The life you save could be mine, Fenways or Doms. Or the kid down the street with CF or asthma.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Speaker Pelosi on Trump's China travel restriction: "Tens of thousands of people were still allowed in from China. It wasn't as it is described as a big moment. ... If you're going to shut the door then shut the door. CNN. Hey Nancy they were Chines American citizens,and you would have freaked out ,you freaked out when the ban was put on foreign travelers being stopped from China remember
lol

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think my favorite curb side delivery is the package store. I pull up, call them and they come out and load the truck up with bud light...

Yeah, it's pretty outrageous. They have a liquor store in Worcester that will deliver locally, which is pretty funny. We only go to places that offer contact-less pickup, or delivery. No chances being taken at all.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Speaker Pelosi on Trump's China travel restriction: "Tens of thousands of people were still allowed in from China. It wasn't as it is described as a big moment. ... If you're going to shut the door then shut the door. CNN. Hey Nancy they were Chines American citizens,and you would have freaked out ,you freaked out when the ban was put on foreign travelers being stopped from China remember
lol

Maybe she was just being sarcastic; just wanted to see what would happen

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I had to go to the bank to get cash on Friday and got stuck using the outside atm.

I used a Clorox wipe and wiped the card reader down and also to insert my card into the machine. I then used it on the touch screen and to take my money.

Once I was done I pulled over in the lot and used a lot of purell on my hands and used another wipe to clean my wheel and shift.

I sprayed my money with Lysol when I got home.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well I appreciate it. The life you save could be mine, Fenways or Doms. Or the kid down the street with CF or asthma.

I'd do it regardless, but I also have the added pressure of having a medically fragile child, so we don't f*** around with this. Everything that comes into my house has been wiped down with disinfectant. We throw away any extraneous packaging without bringing it in, and when I do go out, as soon as we're done cleansing everything, I hop in the shower and the clothes I was wearing are put in the washer.

So when I see 35 people standing on top of each other in line to get ice cream with no protective gear, I want to start slapping people.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

people are asked to do 2 simple things, give about 6 feet of space and wear a freaking mask.

It’s mandated here in PA for any places that are open.
I’ve only been to the dentist though.

I’ve been doing all contactless: groceries ordered online and either pickup or delivered. Yeah, it takes 2 weeks to get a slot.
We did pizza pickup for the first time this week. First takeout we’d had in a month, only because I was out of yeast. Paid over the phone, they brought it out & put it in the back of my car.
I ordered veg plants online from a local farm yesterday & picked up from their barn without seeing anybody. It’s early but I’m afraid they won’t be available if I wait till it’s time to plant.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Our Stop & Shop has arrows on the floor so traffic should be one way. They make announcements to follow the arrows.

Guess what? Its hard to find a single aisle with one way traffic. At least everyone has masks.

Reactions: Bocephus86

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
UV treatment is a real thing.

A few questions for you on this. Do you think Trump was honestly aware of that, and if he was, why would he come out the next day and say he was joking? And secondly, even if he was aware of that treatment (Blood irradiation, which was used mainly back in the 30s and 40s before antibiotics existed and dumped after antibiotics were proven more effective) what about his question of injecting disinfectants? That's still out there with no reasonable defense, no?

It amazes me how far his supporters will go to not only excuse the stupid things he says, but to flat out try to justify them. I'd have more respect for them collectively if they could even be a little objective and say it was stupid and move on. But his base never does. Never.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
A few questions for you on this. Do you think Trump was honestly aware of that, and if he was, why would he come out the next day and say he was joking? And secondly, even if he was aware of that treatment (Blood irradiation, which was used mainly back in the 30s and 40s before antibiotics existed and dumped after antibiotics were proven more effective) what about his question of injecting disinfectants? That's still out there with no reasonable defense, no?

It amazes me how far his supporters will go to not only excuse the stupid things he says, but to flat out try to justify them. I'd have more respect for them collectively if they could even be a little objective and say it was stupid and move on. But his base never does. Never.

The guy was spitballing, people do that, sometimes it unearths poop, sometimes ideas.

Also as I understand UV has even been tested on cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad