OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part VI - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You have to have faith and avoid the news
meditation - twice a day works

there are so many websites you can find for mental and physical well being

I’ve been taping and watching and reading all about the NFL Draft - I’ll move on to NHL when I’m done

I work out everyday and my daughter saw me yesterday morning and made a positive unprovoked comment

this is an opportunity albeit born under horrible times

I am projecting to the holiday season in my mind when my ultimate desire includes a vaccine and/or serious reduction in cases and a new President
God I hope you are right. If so we can celebrate

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
here’s something I have been working on the last 48 hours around the clock.
We have a drug used to treat RA and Lupus. Frozen bulk substance.
Trying to get it on flights to Ireland and France to fill into drug product to be used throughout Europe before that export is banned. Actually going to charter a jumbo out of Logan or Newark.

Now to my point in that if export gets banned and to 3Ms point. Other countries could retaliate.
Guess how many Americans must have insulin daily to stay alive?
Currently. 7.5 million. Daily.
Guess where almost all that insulin originates from?
Yup Europe.

See where Im going here?

His whole campaign shtick was that he's a hard negotiator who knows the art of the deal, etc. And to his credit he actually did well with China on the trade war back in October/November or whenever it was, but this thing is where he's going to have to prove his worth in that regard. I hope he's not so callous as to let millions die just to get a minor break on tariffs or whatever, but he absolutely is going to try to leverage the situation to try to get a deal.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Mind boggling that the Trump administration doesn't realize simple things like the US can't live without the rest of the world... we need each other's... every single country in the world has something to give to others. Unity is the way to go.
:thumbu:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
His whole campaign shtick was that he's a hard negotiator who knows the art of the deal, etc. And to his credit he actually did well with China on the trade war back in October/November or whenever it was, but this thing is where he's going to have to prove his worth in that regard. I hope he's not so callous as to let millions die just to get a minor break on tariffs or whatever, but he absolutely is going to try to leverage the situation to try to get a deal.

I met him in the 80s at the Javits IMO, was and still is PTBarnum...but now f***ing dangerous. Then just a blow hard.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
My older sister (she will be 70 on April 10th) is a retired artist. She worked restoring paintings that were worth many dollars (the lab was associated with the Clark Art Institute in Williamstown , MA) .

She makes her own curtains., clothes etc. She sent everyone in the family an e-mail asking what color mask we want. She is making some for her neighbors (especially the older ones...she doesn't consider herself old ) .

Things are very bad...maybe the worst in my life tine and I am old . Because I am working from home and alone I have the TV on too much. The news is bleak but once in awhile they show something that warms the heart...Like folks in NY cheering on the folks working to try and help. Also medical people going to NYC to help that are not from there.

I am trying to not be sad and often just turn the news off because it is just too much. I feel like I have no right to be depressed because I am Ok health wise and still have a job but sometimes I feel like I am treading water to not sink with the sadness of it all. I am sad for the world and my country.
You always have a right to your feelings.
That Discomfort You’re Feeling Is Grief

Reactions: hrdpuk and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
A friend's sister went to the hospital yesterday with suspected COVID. She ended up with that and pneumonia in one lung.

A friend's mother went to the hospital yesterday afternoon with some digestive symptoms and some minor shortness of breath. By 9pm she was on a ventilator.

Today, a girl on my team who I sent home last week because she wasn't feeling well is being sent for a test due to sudden onset of symptoms. She sounds awful. I talked to her on the phone for about 3 minutes and she was coughing and gasping for air the whole time.

This is getting really scary.
When it hits that close it makes it more real.

I hope we all survive this.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
just because you don’t like the information doesn’t make it not true :dunno:

people have a right to criticize how leadership is handling this. It’s been piss poor. He’s at the top, it starts with him. If he didn’t want this responsibility he shouldn’t have run for president

The issue is when It's China getting the supplies, he's a loser for putting us at risk and not keeping the supplies....when it's Canada and he now wants to keep the supplies.....He's a loser... Cannot be both ways, I'm sorry.... For the record I think it's being a loser if you can afford to help these counties and don't. I have no idea if they can or can't, but people have no problem talking out of both sides of their mouths.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Anyone with the Trump last name will be in jail within five years IMO...everyone will be gunning for them, but Orange man has certain protections IIRC.
You know those doofus sons are all going to move to Prague the second their dad's term ends to avoid any potential legal reprisals, since they have dual citizenship through their mother. America First...

Reactions: LouJersey

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
just because you don’t like the information doesn’t make it not true :dunno:

people have a right to criticize how leadership is handling this. It’s been piss poor. He’s at the top, it starts with him. If he didn’t want this responsibility he shouldn’t have run for president

Unfortunately I cannot reply as this is a one way reality.

Nothing can be argued, everything is a truth if it's against.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
The issue is when It's China getting the supplies, he's a loser for putting us at risk and not keeping the supplies....when it's Canada and he now wants to keep the supplies.....He's a loser... Cannot be both ways, I'm sorry.... For the record I think it's being a loser if you can afford to help these counties and don't. I have no idea if they can or can't, but people have no problem talking out of both sides of their mouths.

This right here. Plenty of things to criticize him for, but now we’re complaining he’s trying to take care of people in this country?

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
What I can't get around is the fact that Ivanka seems like the one member of the family who has her shit together, yet she's married to that sniveling rat.

GamePage_MoneyMoneyMoney_GameTile.png

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
I've seen so many posts here regarding USA and Canada leaders messing this up. While it could have been handled better...yes..why is no one hear blaming the actual culprit.

They lied about the disease, covered it up and lied to other world leaders and here we are.

Let's start holding the Chinese government and people accountable for all these "pandemics" and hiding valuable information that could have saved countless lives.

If you want to call me racist fine, but people are dieing all over the world and this shit happens every 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad