Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-4-3_16-40-7.png

This is a trying time for all of us no matter where you live.

Right now politics should be set aside. We all have government leaders at the Federal and State/Provincial levels telling us what we must do to get through this.

Adhere to the rules below regarding discussion that is political in nature or you will be warned and permanently removed from this series of threads.

Considering we are relaxing forum rules regarding political discussion, what steps "over the line" is completely at the discretion of the moderation team. Examples of what constitutes appropriate discourse are listed below. When in doubt, don't post it.

Do not wish harm or infection on members of the public, including the press, be it an individual or network/outlet/newspaper, etc.

It is becoming apparent that threadbans/infractions aren't enough for some people. The next step is a forum ban until hockey season starts.

We are going to follow similar rules for this thread that exist in the COVID-19 forum.

You may critique the response of government but don't make it political.

Posts attributing motives because it involves this or that political party/politician/ideology will not be tolerated.

Examples:

Allowed: "Trump doesn't know what he's doing, the response was too little too late"

Not Allowed: "The only reason the response was so slow was to keep the stock prices high so he can get reelected"

Allowed: "The media is over-reporting this and it's going to make things worse"

Not Allowed: "The liberal media is over-reporting this because they're trying to bring down Trump"

Miracle cures, home remedies, and medical advice should not be posted.

Continued from

OT: - All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part V - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Coronavirus Dashboard

Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

STAT Coronavirus Coverage — STAT

89623758_10220250846634048_664307170107457536_n-jpg.338111

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Trump accuses hospitals of hoarding ventilators and implies face masks are being stolen

"I think people should check that because there’s something going on. I don’t think it’s hoarding. I think it’s maybe worse than hoarding," he said. "Check it out. I don’t know. I think that’s for other people to figure out."

Throwing out baseless claims and saying that somebody else should prove you right isn't appropriate at any time. Nevermind during a pandemic.

I sincerely hope hospitals aren't hoarding what they don't need if a neighboring one is short.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
That story’s from the three weeks ago - covered by the same press he now says should “look into it” because he “doesn’t know but hears things”.

The only difference between then and now is that then there were 50 cases in New York. Today there’s been 1000 deaths and he needs to distract from his inability/unwillingness to prepare the country for this.

Last edited:

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Sometimes I'll step back and find the ability to watch these press briefings from some far off mental space. It amazes me that the President will call a reporter rude or state that their question is nasty when they are asking him to respond to/clarify a direct quote he said a few days ago. Is this really happening? It's incredible.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Sometimes I'll step back and find the ability to watch these press briefings from some far off mental space. It amazes me that the President will call a reporter rude or state that their question is nasty when they are asking him to respond to/clarify a direct quote he said a few days ago. Is this really happening? It's incredible.
It really is something. Hard to watch one all the way through and not come away from it thinking he’s suffering from some early stage of dementia.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Starting this week, I'm working from home mostly. Going in 1 - 2x/week. Heading in tomorrow, where I plan to continue telling people how unbelievably dumb it is to have support workers in the office.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am working from home full time. I did briefly leave to pick up Frodo...my cat who spent the night in the hospital. He is sitting on the cat furniture watching the squirrels and birds that I put peanuts and bird seed out for. I hope he lasts awhile before he goes into heart failure again.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Walmart now charging $9.95 for grocery pickup.

Edit: oops...I forgot I had changed to delivery instead of pickup. Pickup is still free. Whew.

Still, maybe they could at least throw in a roll of TP with each order? :)

Reactions: Runner77 and hrdpuk

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Don’t the hospitals have some culpability in this shortage? We’ve been reading about the threat of something like this for howany years now? I mean governments have lots of responsibilities, so maybe more angst should fall here? I believe one of the administrations years ago asked for hospital regulation on this stuff and nobody wanted that, but here we are. Everyone from the government on down has been as bad at this as possible IMO. All comes down to nobody wanting to spend money on “maybes” unless it’s for the protection of the countrys military (which is fine by me) but maybe this will be the blue print on what not to do next time this happens

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I am going to brave the Market Basket in either Waltham or Burlington later this morning. I'm having a hell of a time trying to schedule delivery from Whole Foods or Wal-Mart and there are some things we need today. Do any of you think I'll have any luck?

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Don’t the hospitals have some culpability in this shortage? We’ve been reading about the threat of something like this for howany years now? I mean governments have lots of responsibilities, so maybe more angst should fall here? I believe one of the administrations years ago asked for hospital regulation on this stuff and nobody wanted that, but here we are. Everyone from the government on down has been as bad at this as possible IMO. All comes down to nobody wanting to spend money on “maybes” unless it’s for the protection of the countrys military (which is fine by me) but maybe this will be the blue print on what not to do next time this happens
When hospitals are run as businesses they act as businesses. Pandemic responses require more coordination than hospitals can do on their own. That they’ve held up this well this long is a credit to them.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
And... it's only the beginning...

Nurses Die, Doctors Fall Sick and Panic Rises on Virus Front Lines

The pandemic has begun to sweep through New York City’s medical ranks, and anxiety is growing among normally dispassionate medical professionals.

supervisor urged surgeons at Columbia University Irving Medical Center in Manhattan to volunteer for the front lines because half the intensive-care staff had already been sickened by coronavirus.

“ICU is EXPLODING,” she wrote in an email.

A doctor at Weill Cornell Medical Center in Manhattan described the unnerving experience of walking daily past an intubated, critically ill colleague in her 30s, wondering who would be next.

Another doctor at a major New York City hospital described it as “a petri dish,” where more than 200 workers had fallen sick.
Two nurses in city hospitals have died.

The coronavirus pandemic, which has infected more than 30,000 people in New York City, is beginning to take a toll on those who are most needed to combat it: the doctors, nurses and other workers at hospitals and clinics. In emergency rooms and intensive care units, typically dispassionate medical professionals are feeling panicked as increasing numbers of colleagues get sick.

I feel like we’re all just being sent to slaughter,” said Thomas Riley, a nurse at Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, who has contracted the virus, along with his husband.

Medical workers are still showing up day after day to face overflowing emergency rooms, earning them praise as heroes. Thousands of volunteers have signed up to join their colleagues.

But doctors and nurses said they can look overseas for a dark glimpse of the risk they are facing, especially when protective gear has been in short supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad