OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part VI - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Funny how some Americans get all mad when certain people get stuff but not others. Interesting.

Americans get super mad when people get lots of things, like food benefits. Watch how mad people will be when some end up making like $50 more per month through a stimulus package than they did while working. It's gonna be like the 1980's welfare queen hype times 1000.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Americans get super mad when people get lots of things, like food benefits. Watch how mad people will be when some end up making like $50 more per month through a stimulus package than they did while working. It's gonna be like the 1980's welfare queen hype times 1000.

Agreed friend. I never understood anger when people were being fed, clothed and housed...or help out less fortunate countries.I remember an interview about Canadian medical for all.....they asked a doctor, why would you take less pay so everyone can have benefits.....His response... "it's the right thing to do." If only we all could do that every time the situation presented itself to us. Kindness is free and goes a long way...Compassion can raise people from not caring if they live or die to productive members of society...

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Current total here in Ireland is 4,273 with 120 deaths. 424 new cases today with 22 deaths. It feels like we are just at the start of the spike now and things could start snowballing over the next few weeks.

The Irish government bought over 100 million euro worth of PPE from China which started arriving here earlier this week, turns out the quality of a lot of it is very questionable.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Reactions: Spooner st

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Agreed friend. I never understood anger when people were being fed, clothed and housed...or help out less fortunate countries.I remember an interview about Canadian medical for all.....they asked a doctor, why would you take less pay so everyone can have benefits.....His response... "it's the right thing to do." If only we all could do that every time the situation presented itself to us. Kindness is free and goes a long way...Compassion can raise people from not caring if they live or die to productive members of society...

My assumption is that it's just easiest to take from the least powerful among us.

Not to make this about me, but I will share what is going to with my mother in Florida as relates to the current situation. She has been making masks and giving them to people in her building. Some of her neighbors have been saying she should charge for them. She tells them that's not what you do right now. She has the materials and the know-how so she'll keep giving them out. If she needed to pay for materials and wanted to stay even, maybe she would charge enough just to stay even. But she's not going to do that.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
A couple months ago he had supplies sent to China and Southeast Asia and everyone bashes him for not putting Americans first and leaving us unprepared to deal with the crisis here. Now he stops the export of supplies so they can be used here in America by Americans in need and it's how dare that racist. I'm not even a fan of the guy, but no matter what he does, people just find a reason to go ORANGE MAN BAD.

Painting with broad brushes like that is a weird way to think.

Not "everyone" fits into the group you are describing. Surely it's not a surprise to you or anyone that there are hypocrites walking the Earth.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My assumption is that it's just easiest to take from the least powerful among us.

Not to make this about me, but I will share what is going to with my mother in Florida as relates to the current situation. She has been making masks and giving them to people in her building. Some of her neighbors have been saying she should charge for them. She tells them that's not what you do right now. She has the materials and the know-how so she'll keep giving them out. If she needed to pay for materials and wanted to stay even, maybe she would charge enough just to stay even. But she's not going to do that.
My older sister (she will be 70 on April 10th) is a retired artist. She worked restoring paintings that were worth many dollars (the lab was associated with the Clark Art Institute in Williamstown , MA) .

She makes her own curtains., clothes etc. She sent everyone in the family an e-mail asking what color mask we want. She is making some for her neighbors (especially the older ones...she doesn't consider herself old ) .

Things are very bad...maybe the worst in my life tine and I am old . Because I am working from home and alone I have the TV on too much. The news is bleak but once in awhile they show something that warms the heart...Like folks in NY cheering on the folks working to try and help. Also medical people going to NYC to help that are not from there.

I am trying to not be sad and often just turn the news off because it is just too much. I feel like I have no right to be depressed because I am Ok health wise and still have a job but sometimes I feel like I am treading water to not sink with the sadness of it all. I am sad for the world and my country.

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
My older sister (she will be 70 on April 10th) is a retired artist. She worked restoring paintings that were worth many dollars (the lab was associated with the Clark Art Institute in Williamstown , MA) .

She makes her own curtains., clothes etc. She sent everyone on the family an e-mail asking what color mask we want. She is making some for her neighbors (especially the older ones...she doesn't consider herself old ) .

Things are very bad...maybe the worst in my life tine and I am old . Because I am working from home and alone I have the TV on too much. The news is bleak but once in awhile they show something that warms the heart...Like folks in NY cheering on the folks working to try and help. Also medical people going to NYC to help that are not from there.

I am trying to not be sad and often just turn the news off because it is just too much. I feel like I have no right to be depressed because I am Ok health wise and still have a job but sometimes I feel like I am treading water to not sink with the sadness of it all. I am sad for the world and my country.

it is hard to stay positive, but I agree there are some silver linings or at least glimpses of humanity.

Your sister sounds super cool!

Reactions: Ladyfan

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
So excited to see my sister, brother in law, and nephew tonight. We've only been able to have long distance visiting in front of our house...it's crazy how much I miss being able to pick up my nephew and hug him.

We've all been in isolation for the last 2 weeks, so little concern about passing anything to each other.

I've now been out of work for 2 weeks so now we'll be able to see each other frequently (they're a 4 minute walk up the road).

Reactions: Ladyfan

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I doubt Canada is going to forget this, as this will likely cost lives here in the great north. At some point in the future, and it may not be for many years, Trump's actions will cause repercussions to the USA. .

We are about to see something I'll call 'Humanitarian War'.
The reason 3M is fighting the Admin is that if other countries follow suit with hooray for me and f*** you policy.the US loses in the long run because net - net we import more PPE and drugs than any other country.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
it is hard to stay positive, but I agree there are some silver linings or at least glimpses of humanity.

Your sister sounds super cool!
She is unique. GahdenRinkRat and I were going to get together with her to celebrate her 70th on April 10th but now won't be.

She is the only non-hockey person in my small family.

Funny story...My Mom past away in 2008. When my sis came East she would stay with Mom. My Mother always watched the B's so Sandy had to watch too.

In 2011 she called me during the 2011 cup run after a Nuck game. She said " I can't believe that guy bit Bergeron" ..I was shocked and said " I can't believe you watched the game" . She ended up watching the 7 last games in memory of our parents.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The reason 3M is fighting the Admin is that if other countries follow suit with hooray for me and f*** you policy.the US loses in the long run because net - net we import more PPE and drugs than any other country.
I just hate YOU KNOW WHO (not Brad Marchand). What a horrible human

Reactions: hrdpuk

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
What do you expect from a sociopath. He sure knows how to piss the world around him. At some point it's going to crash all around him.

He was an idiot when he was sending supplies to China and not taking this virus seriously.

Now he’s keeping much needed supplies in his country that hasn’t spiked yet, with hundreds of thousands sick, thousands dead and he’s an idiot...

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Mind boggling that the Trump administration doesn't realize simple things like the US can't live without the rest of the world... we need each other's... every single country in the world has something to give to others. Unity is the way to go.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I just hate YOU KNOW WHO (not Brad Marchand). What a horrible human
You have to have faith and avoid the news
meditation - twice a day works

there are so many websites you can find for mental and physical well being

I’ve been taping and watching and reading all about the NFL Draft - I’ll move on to NHL when I’m done

I work out everyday and my daughter saw me yesterday morning and made a positive unprovoked comment

this is an opportunity albeit born under horrible times

I am projecting to the holiday season in my mind when my ultimate desire includes a vaccine and/or serious reduction in cases and a new President

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
A friend's sister went to the hospital yesterday with suspected COVID. She ended up with that and pneumonia in one lung.

A friend's mother went to the hospital yesterday afternoon with some digestive symptoms and some minor shortness of breath. By 9pm she was on a ventilator.

Today, a girl on my team who I sent home last week because she wasn't feeling well is being sent for a test due to sudden onset of symptoms. She sounds awful. I talked to her on the phone for about 3 minutes and she was coughing and gasping for air the whole time.

This is getting really scary.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
He was an idiot when he was sending supplies to China and not taking this virus seriously.

Now he’s keeping much needed supplies in his country that hasn’t spiked yet, with hundreds of thousands sick, thousands dead and he’s an idiot...
At least you got that right. When Trump sent the supplies he was thinking that it was just another flu...

Canada did the same to China, but in smaller quantities, and hoping China will return the favor when they can. Canada is not trying to cut the grass under no one else's feet. In crisis like now, it's more difficult to do the right thing, like helping each others... in the US Trump is having the states to compete for medical supplies against each other over bidding for no reason other than being an idiot. That tells you all you need to know...

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Mind boggling that the Trump administration doesn't realize simple things like the US can't live without the rest of the world... we need each other's... every single country in the world has something to give to others. Unity is the way to go.

here’s something I have been working on the last 48 hours around the clock.
We have a drug used to treat RA and Lupus. Frozen bulk substance.
Trying to get it on flights to Ireland and France to fill into drug product to be used throughout Europe before that export is banned. Actually going to charter a jumbo out of Logan or Newark.

Now to my point in that if export gets banned and to 3Ms point. Other countries could retaliate.
Guess how many Americans must have insulin daily to stay alive?
Currently. 7.5 million. Daily.
Guess where almost all that insulin originates from?
Yup Europe.

See where Im going here?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Orange man bad /r

I liked coming here for information once

just because you don’t like the information doesn’t make it not true :dunno:

people have a right to criticize how leadership is handling this. It’s been piss poor. He’s at the top, it starts with him. If he didn’t want this responsibility he shouldn’t have run for president

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

I'm not shocked the US will play hardball with 266,000 thousand cases in the USA compared to 12,000 in Canada.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
here’s something I have been working on the last 48 hours around the clock.
We have a drug used to treat RA and Lupus. Frozen bulk substance.
Trying to get it on flights to Ireland and France to fill into drug product to be used throughout Europe before that export is banned. Actually going to charter a jumbo out of Logan or Newark.

Now to my point in that if export gets banned and to 3Ms point. Other countries could retaliate.
Guess how many Americans must have insulin daily to stay alive?
Currently. 7.5 million. Daily.
Guess where almost all that insulin originates from?
Yup Europe.

See where Im going here?
I'm a fast learner, it's not your first time saying that kind of story... globalization is a thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad