Rumor: All rumors from November 8 involving Edmonton

RJ8812*

In typical Flyers fashion, they're going to make an extremely stupid trade with the intention of saving the season when in fact they shouldnt. They shouldnt make any trades involving their young/core guys and just ride out the season, start a rebuild this summer and go from there.

do a ****ing proper rebuild instead of "re-tooling"

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 6m

Lots of rumblings out of Edmonton. Things could be heating up.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m

Oilers expected to move a D-man tonight. Smid's name is in the mix.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 24s

Smid to Calgary for prospects.

... false alarm, carry on.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hasn't Smid been their best Dman or something? I think I saw Oilers fans saying something like that.

I have to think he's part of a package to upgrade otherwise that doesn't make sense.

Edit: No, that doesn't make any sense.

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
Hasn't Smid been their best Dman or something? I think I saw Oilers fans saying something like that.

I have to think he's part of a package to upgrade otherwise that doesn't make sense.

Edit: No, that doesn't make any sense.

Moves like these is why the Oilers keep getting those #1 picks.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 1m
Re: Bryzgalov -- EDM looked at him a few weeks ago, didn't like his salary ask. Maybe things have changed for now.

I will laugh hysterically and actually feel a little bit better about our management if this happens just because we're not Edmonton.

RJ8812*

So you want Coburn off the team for a lesser version of Coburn?

...I'm...puzzled.

Smid is better than Coburn

Having Coburn on this team playing over 20 minutes a night is one of the reasons why we're in the shape we are in right now

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't think I buy that. Edmonton had plenty of cap space already, and I can't think Bryz is going to get a huge payday.

On the NHL Network they said the Oilers didn't like the production Smid was giving based on his contract & they have some kid who's played recently who they feel can match that at a cheaper price. I don't know the guys name but he's scored two goals in his only two games so far.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Smid is better than Coburn

Having Coburn on this team playing over 20 minutes a night is one of the reasons why we're in the shape we are in right now

How much have you watched the Oilers?

He's really not. He's a similar player, but a lesser one. He hits more, but doesn't skate as well. He's adequate defensively, but not as good. He plays fewer minutes against easier competition.

Seriously, I'm all for trading Coburn if the return makes sense, but Smid would not have made sense.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Bryzgalov's salary demands are humongous big

If Coburn gets traded it better be for some pretty solid offensive production. Coburn is underrated, people just want to see a trade.

JayB

May 30, 2012
What we can get with Coburn+? That+ could be something like Read,Meszaros,prospects or picks. Is there any change with those assets to get Eberle? Or Klefblom or Nurse?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Why would the oilers ship out Smid and then trade for a Flyers d-man? Are any of them an upgrade on Smid right now? Meszaros, Timonen, and Coburn are perhaps, but what would Philly want in return?

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec 11m
Still see something getting done between EDM and Philly. Oil may have to take on Meszaros to get what they want.

Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec 6m
Oilers are crazy for Wayne Simmonds. I believe they would move a smaller right winger - Eberle or Yakupov - to acquire.

Yes, please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad