Rumor: All rumors from November 8 involving Edmonton

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
i say let that top 6 figure it out, if they can't we will end up getting Ekblad

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Dreger tweets ''In the eyes of Oilers managment, Eberle will be an Oiler forever. Forever is a long time, but, he's not a trade target.''

Once again, conflicting reports between national and local media. Same old, same old.

EDIT: Prongo beat me to it

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I would love to have Eberle on this team. But I seriously doubt it would even happen. There really isnt a reason for Edmonton to deal Eberle to the Flyers unless they are getting Giroux in return which likely isnt happening.
Coburn and Laughton for Eberle is being talked about on the main board. I mean wow.
Not that I believe it but if Holmgren would of turned that down then well umm
oh nmind is it really worth saying it? lirl

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I would love to have Eberle on this team. But I seriously doubt it would even happen. There really isnt a reason for Edmonton to deal Eberle to the Flyers unless they are getting Giroux in return which likely isnt happening.
Coburn and Laughton for Eberle is being talked about on the main board. I mean wow.
Not that I believe it but if Holmgren would of turned that down then well umm
oh nmind is it really worth saying it? lirl

But Laughton is supposed to be the next Crosby :sarcasm:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'm not saying I think there was any merit to the rumor, but man is Dreger a tool or what? It's like he reads stuff on Twitter and immediately has to inject himself into it like he's some authority figure. He should stick to what he knows best; fellating daddy Nonis for any tidbit of information to keep him relevant.

3Fs

Sep 22, 2005
Western Pa.
I would do the Schenn brothers+Coburn+2nd rounder for Eberle+J. Schultz. Schultz is a right handed defender the Flyers desperately need, and he would provide some nice offense and puck moving ability.

I don't think Edmonton does that though.

Trading the Schenns would be a big mistake. I still say that we have something special there and just need to get the ship back on course to appreciate what we have.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Coburn+Simmonds/Hartnell makes a lot of sense.

I also don't think Dregers report is the end all be all. Both teams are desperate, especially the Flyers. If a guy like Simmonds and Coburn are all of a sudden available, I think EDM at least listens to offers for Eberle, especially if they are keeping Yak.

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
"In the eyes of [insert team here] management, [insert young player here] will be an [insert team here] forever. Forever is a long time [or, "While anything can happen,"], but he's not a trade target."

Dreger--the voice of duh.

He could actually be saying what someone in the Oilers front office has heard, but I have no idea what that means in terms of their front office.

If it was a quote from the Flyers front office I'd know what it means and that's not worth a sack of ****. Holmgren could say that about a player to someone while he's faxing a trade confirmation to the league office.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Just because Dreger says Eberle won't be traded doesn't mean that the Flyers aren't talking to the Oilers about it.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
If they trade Giroux I'm seriously done being a Flyers fan.

The amount of money fans have spent on jerseys (most of the players have been traded), tickets etc for an underwhelming product is ridiculous. This ******* franchise sucks.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
If they trade Giroux I'm seriously done being a Flyers fan.

The amount of money fans have spent on jerseys (most of the players have been traded), tickets etc for an underwhelming product is ridiculous. This ******* franchise sucks.

Easy, buddy. The franchise does not suck. We've seen some great hockey in the last 20 years, this is just a downswing. All teams have them.

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
Easy, buddy. The franchise does not suck. We've seen some great hockey in the last 20 years, this is just a downswing. All teams have them.

He was addressing one specific area of the franchise and that was the amount of money (and interest) devoted to players in the franchise who are viewed as "cornerstones" of the franchise and then who are dealt away.

There were a ton of Jeff Carter and Mike Richards jerseys. I'm sure because of his draft position and local ties there were JVR jerseys as well.

I have a Niinimaa and a Pitkanen jersey in my closet. This team going back over the last 20 years has a real tendency to give up on young players quite early in their careers with their best years potentially ahead of them.

At least if Couturier or a Schenn is moved for Eberle you're getting a skilled position player who is a goalscorer unlike a lot of those moves involving dealing away youth for more "gritty" types.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
lol....Might be hard for you honestly.

It's 2,400 miles from Voorhees to Edmonton. I would pull Coburn there in a rickshaw through Canadian winter wearing nothing but a scarf, then swing by and grab Laughton from Oshawa and competely that 7k kilometer trip without batting an eye.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It's 2,400 miles from Voorhees to Edmonton. I would pull Coburn there in a rickshaw through Canadian winter wearing nothing but a scarf, then swing by and grab Laughton from Oshawa and competely that 7k kilometer trip without batting an eye.

Rickshaw? I figured you would just carry them on your back.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

I will meet you at the Manitoba border, you may be underestimating how cold it gets here ;)

Few of these comments by Snider about how bad we are is making me a little nervous !:help:

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
He was addressing one specific area of the franchise and that was the amount of money (and interest) devoted to players in the franchise who are viewed as "cornerstones" of the franchise and then who are dealt away.

There were a ton of Jeff Carter and Mike Richards jerseys. I'm sure because of his draft position and local ties there were JVR jerseys as well.

I have a Niinimaa and a Pitkanen jersey in my closet. This team going back over the last 20 years has a real tendency to give up on young players quite early in their careers with their best years potentially ahead of them.

At least if Couturier or a Schenn is moved for Eberle you're getting a skilled position player who is a goalscorer unlike a lot of those moves involving dealing away youth for more "gritty" types.

I understand that aspect, I have a Richards jersey and before that I had a Lindros jersey when I was growing up. He said the product was underwhelming. I completely beg to differ (outside of 0 cups.)

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Rickshaw? I figured you would just carry them on your back.

We can make it a Flyers fan ceremony akin to the passing of the Olympic torch. "The passing of the Coburn," where a Flyers fan devotes 5 miles to running Coburn and Laughton on a rickshaw to Edmonton. It will be a beautiful ceremony, indeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad