Rumor: All rumors from November 8 involving Edmonton

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Eklund jumping on this train, claiming there is 1 big trade floating around, one that has to get approved by the NHL & Players.

CavemanLawyer

Feb 22, 2006
Ocean City, MD
Eklund jumping on this train, claiming there is 1 big trade floating around, one that has to get approved by the NHL & Players.

Not sure if its this train. There is one, and only one, team that Eklund has a positive track record on. The only team that when he says something you listen... and it is sadly the Flyers. Over the years its become obvious. Because of that he usually touts Flyers moves quite highly. With a Flyers trade he has no qualms saying entire names and details of the trade/signing in advance. Him saying "Im hearing rumblings of 2 teams maybe a deal needs to be approved."... I don't think its the flyers.

ggro

Sep 23, 2010
xzEzaHw.png

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The NHLPA fought for and received stipulations for increased player comfort in the new CBA. Rickshaws are mandated, backs weren't comfy enough.

Spoiled athletes. :shakehead

No ****? I must have missed that line during my casual reading sessions of the new CBA. Well, a deal is deal. Beef, you've been tasked with personally seeing that Coburn gets the full comforts that were contractually obligated to him for his trip to Edmonton. Just make sure to grab Eberle on the way back.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
We can make it a Flyers fan ceremony akin to the passing of the Olympic torch. "The passing of the Coburn," where a Flyers fan devotes 5 miles to running Coburn and Laughton on a rickshaw to Edmonton. It will be a beautiful ceremony, indeed.

Seems like a plan, I'll take the Chicago leg. Love that city.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
No ****? I must have missed that line during my casual reading sessions of the new CBA. Well, a deal is deal. Beef, you've been tasked with personally seeing that Coburn gets the full comforts that were contractually obligated to him for his trip to Edmonton. Just make sure to grab Eberle on the way back.

I'll chip in some bucks for food expenses.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Well we will see if anything happens between Homer and MacT in the box tomorrow. If they are spotted talking, then you can really see the smoke, but if there isn't much talking or them being seen together while Oilers are in town, nothing is imminent I would think.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

My alternate plan is to just buy an old muscle car, drive to Edmonton, stuff Eberle in the trunk and force him to be a Flyer. I don't believe the CBA prevents acquisition by kidnapping.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
It's 2,400 miles from Voorhees to Edmonton. I would pull Coburn there in a rickshaw through Canadian winter wearing nothing but a scarf, then swing by and grab Laughton from Oshawa and competely that 7k kilometer trip without batting an eye.

Can't wait for this because I don't live too far from Oshawa. Make sure you post your itinerary so I can take pics!

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Coburn and Hartnell (if he waives his NMC) could happen.

Both are from close to there Calgary and Regina (and more so Lloydminster, which is 2.5/3 hrs away) respectively.

I don't think it'd be wise for management to give up on the Schenn's yet. I haven't been upset with Brayden's game at all and it always looks like Luke has to simplify things on the ice.

I wouldn't be upset with a Simmonds/Mez combo either - which I think most could swallow - and I'm basing that on the fact that I don't see Hartnell waiving his NMC and the Flyers like Coburn, more.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
I would do the Schenn brothers+Coburn+2nd rounder for Eberle+J. Schultz. Schultz is a right handed defender the Flyers desperately need, and he would provide some nice offense and puck moving ability.

I don't think Edmonton does that though.

I would trade Coburn, Hartnell, and Schenns for Eberle, JSchultz, and a cap dump (Hemsky?).

Course the Oilers would be dumb to do that.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
B. Schenn, L. Schenn, Simmonds, 2nd 2014

for

Eberle, Klefbom, 1st 2014

Eberle-Giroux-Lecavalier
McGinn-Couturier-Voracek
Hartnell-Cousins-Read
Rinaldo-Hall-Raffl

Streit-Grossmann
Timonen-Coburn
Klefbom-Gustafsson

Mason
Emery

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
1 assist in 9 AHL games Klefblom?

Lol, you have Straka on the 4th line.

And Eberle is a RW.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
I hope he does something, I'm sick of watching this crap anymore. Trade half the ****ing team for all I care, this team isn't going anywhere anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad