Rumor: All rumors from November 8 involving Edmonton

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
@tpanotchCSN: Told today Flyers are talking with EDM about Eberle

https://twitter.com/tpanotchcsn/status/398860638916972544

--------------------------

Misery usually loves company, so Team A general manager of a club that can’t win a game on any day of the week ending with the letter y often calls up Team B general manager of a side that wins about once every fortnight and asks for a high-end player, hoping they can scratch each other’s back.

That’s how the trade game works. Bad teams deal with other bad teams, trying to shuffle some deck chairs.

So, there is an excellent chance that Philadelphia Flyers’ GM Paul Holmgren, running a club with 22 goals in 15 games, called Edmonton Oilers’ counterpart Craig MacTavish, the boss of a team with four wins in 17 games, and threw a line in the water. “Listen, MacT, I know you consider Jordan Eberle part of your core with (Ryan) Nugent Hopkins and (Taylor) Hall, but would you ever think of trading him? Maybe we have some bigger, tougher guys for your team?”

Maybe MacTavish would listen (doesn’t cost you anything) but absolutely, categorically, he is NOT TRADING JORDAN EBERLE. MacTavish has watched the Flyers recently, in Carolina, along with president of hockey ops Kevin Lowe, so you know he’s looking at the Flyers, but trading Eberle is a non-starter. MacTavish isn’t saying anything on the record but I can assure you, it is a laughable premise for the first-year general manager, who has Eberle on a six-year, $36 million contract. MacTavish, if he was talking, would say “Not A Chance.”

Source: Edmonton Journal

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/11/08/trading-jordan-eberle-not-a-chance/

Last edited by a moderator:

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Holmgren isn't going to trade another captain is he? :help:

I'm seeing lots of people on the trade board talking about Giroux going back the other way. I just don't see us trading him right now.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I will be absolutely pissed off if Claude Giroux is traded for anything short of Crosby, Malkin, or Stamkos. I know those won't happen. Bottom line: I will be absolutely pissed off. Do NOT. DON'T.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010

I'm seeing lots of people on the trade board talking about Giroux going back the other way. I just don't see us trading him right now.

Giroux is going nowhere. Anybody else is a different story.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
People on the main board are idiots, I wouldn't listen to anything they have to say about Giroux being traded.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Yep, If Giroux is traded(which I think is extremely unlikely) I will have to say my devout relationship with the Flyers would be close to over. I have been a die hard fan for all the years on my life, and if they trade another captain because the GM is not competent enough to hire the right coach or sign the right players to his system, then it's over. Way too much stock is put into the "C", everyone needs to be accountable. Homer should be fired first before he has the chance to blow this team up again. Giroux and Richards are two separate cases also, there was a lot more to Richards going then there is going on right now with Giroux. Giroux's biggest fault? He plays on a very poorly constructed team.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

Do yourself a favor, and don't read the trade boards. It's full of a bunch of misguided individuals who have no idea what fair value is. It's nothing more than a place for fans to talk up their own players. I have maybe, MAYBE seen 2-3 trade proposals made there that have made sense.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Schenn Schenn and Coburn for Eberle and J. Schultz or Klefbom.

Hartnell Giroux Eberle
Simmonds Lecavalier Voracek
Read Couturier Downie

Timonen Schultz/Kleftbom
Streit Grossman
Gus Gill.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I would stop following the Flyers if they traded Giroux. Period. Enough is enough with this crap. Do people seriously not realize that he's the best player they've had since Lindros?

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
As an Oiler fan, I wouldn't expect the Flyers to trade Giroux. Im sure he's untouchable. What the Oilers would need in my opinion is some toughness, which the Flyers have a plenty. Depth at Center would be helpful too.
Wayne Simmonds would be of interest, Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier would also be huge for a return for the Oilers.
Now, if one or any of those players are available is another story. Eberle is a pure goal scorer so I would expect that the return would have to be somewhat decent.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
There are plenty of trade pieces the Flyers could use to try and get Eberle.

Giroux isn't one of them.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Schenn Schenn and Coburn for Eberle and J. Schultz or Klefbom.

Hartnell Giroux Eberle
Simmonds Lecavalier Voracek
Read Couturier Downie

Timonen Schultz/Kleftbom
Streit Grossman
Gus Gill.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

I could see something like this happening. I think the Flyers have been really disappointed with the development of the Schenn brothers. They were both brought in with the expectation to be key cogs, and both have become second tier for this team.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I'd bet a large amount of money Timmy is throwing **** against a wall to get traction.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I would do the Schenn brothers+Coburn+2nd rounder for Eberle+J. Schultz. Schultz is a right handed defender the Flyers desperately need, and he would provide some nice offense and puck moving ability.

I don't think Edmonton does that though.

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
I would do the Schenn brothers+Coburn+2nd rounder for Eberle+J. Schultz. Schultz is a right handed defender the Flyers desperately need, and he would provide some nice offense and puck moving ability.

I don't think Edmonton does that though.

Oilers wouldn't give up both Schultz and Eberle. Schultz is the only puck moving dman they have.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I can't imagine them trading Giroux because of a 15 game slump. I just don't see it happening. Anyone else I think is fair game after this horrific start, but I just don't see Giroux getting dealt.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
My fear with Schultz is that he chose to go to EDM when he had the availability to pick whatever team, how much are you getting from him and will he bolt right back there when he gets the chance?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad