All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread Pt 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
How could Waddell say no:

On another note, I could see then trading a 1st in a package for Lehner and perhaps Gustafsson, IF Lehner came packaged with an extension. However, if he’s not signed after weeks of negotiations in CHI, he’s probably not going to sign in 36hrs.

Moves pretty much have to be made. I just hope they’re not ones of the sort that really come back to bite them in the ass.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Gustafsson isn't a slam dunk fit. Gardiner occupies that offensive LHD spot in the Top 4. Give Bean or Keane a crack at a sheltered 3rd role instead.

Also, I think it would be cheaper to acquire two pieces separately. Bundle the two Hawks together and they're going to ask for a 1st. That's a bad idea given the key injuries to this team and Toronto's general apathy. A mid-1st for a rental would be awful.
their beat writer says he is a lefty that plays the right side.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I'm only okay with giving up a 1st for Lehner if an extension comes with it, otherwise, no thank you. Go after someone like Dell or Miller if one of the goalies are truly out long term and re-evaluate the position in the summer.

As for the defense, I'm not all that interested in giving up value for a rental and I'm sure as hell not interested in paying a ridiculous price for a guy like Petry. Unless you can get a guy for a reasonable price, call up a couple kids from Charlotte and see what you've got, or try to entice Bogosian to sign here.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Gus played right side with Keith all year last year and did well. He’s been playing w an assortment of different partners this year and hasn’t done as well. He is an offensive genius and has insane hands and a great shot. He’s deceptive and walks people all the time from the blue line.

his defensive game is inconsistent. He’ll have a 2-3 game stretch where he looks like Bobby Orr and another 4 games where he looks like David Rundblad.

Lehner has been pretty brutal the last 2 or 3 games but his demeanor has also changed so maybe the mental side of being a UFA and not having a deal worked out/get traded is messing with him.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

Miller for a 3rd or 4th, with Ned backing up for a while, yes please.

Then give up the NYR 2nd for Gustafsson or Vatanen, you’re back in business without selling the farm:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Honestly if I’m Carolina and I saw how my team played tonight in front of a nobody, I’m not giving up shit for lehner. I buy low on a Ryan Miller. Unless they really want to go for it, because then again, I’m not sure you can win a cup behind Ryan Miller. If Carolina is really wAnting to go for it then I think Crawford should be the guy. I know for some reason he hasn’t gotten love around the nhl but the guy is insane. Truly an awesome competitor and him in the playoffs is even better.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Honestly if I’m Carolina and I saw how my team played tonight in front of a nobody, I’m not giving up shit for lehner. I buy low on a Ryan Miller. Unless they really want to go for it, because then again, I’m not sure you can win a cup behind Ryan Miller. If Carolina is really wAnting to go for it then I think Crawford should be the guy. I know for some reason he hasn’t gotten love around the nhl but the guy is insane. Truly an awesome competitor and him in the playoffs is even better.

We’re not a goalie away from winning the cup anyway. We need to stay the course and not go trading tons of assets. The window is only just beginning to open.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
We’re not a goalie away from winning the cup anyway. We need to stay the course and not go trading tons of assets. The window is only just beginning to open.
East is a gauntlet and it’s a tough time to just be having that window open. I agree though. On the flip side, windows are only so long in the NHL now a days so gotta strike while it’s hot.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I mean at this point it's a lost season. We aren't going to win the Cup with the injuries we have and it's not worth using anything serious to stretch for the wild card spot.

Use the rest of the season to see what we have in Charlotte. Call up Ned, call up Bean or Priskie, and see what they can do. If we have to trade for a goalie, do it with minimal value. Salvaging this season ain't worth damaging the future.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Call-up a couple of defensemen from the AHL and give Ned a chance. Please don't give up a 1st for a rental. Canes were giving up the most high danger chances in the league WITH Pesce and Hamilton so adding a rental, particularly the ones reportedly available, isn't going to fix that.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Other teams fans are salivating over a perceived desperation that now the Canes have to move 1sts for bandaids. That would be crazy for the Canes to consider.

The Canes own 1st could easily end up top-15. The other Canes 1st belongs to a team that was just outscored while a Zamboni driver was in net. Those are two picks you keep.

Canes are down to one top-4 D for possibly the rest of the year. Time to turtle and look towards next season. See what Ned, Bean, and Keane have to offer.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
For better or worse, I think they’re going to end up moving something they didn’t plan on moving, ex.-Bean, Bokk, a 1st, etc. My hope is they don’t, but I just cannot see them standing pat as much as I think they should.

Just keep Bokk for a little over 24 more hours please. The name chance is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon...

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
And here's another thing

They played desperate hockey for the first time all season last night and absolutely shut the Leafs down in the third. Absolutely clamped them down into submission. If they can bring that same intensity most nights from here out they won't need a big move to make the postseason. And if they don't bring it, those moves aren't likely to have meaningful impact.

Our best move here may be to stand pat and just tell them, no help is coming and it's up to them to decide their fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad