All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread Pt 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I’d be okay with the Bogosian signing, but I want him as a veteran backup. Bean and a maybe a few of the others deserve a shot first, this is the time you give them an opportunity. Let’s see if one can step up and take the open roster spot. If not, Bogosian slides in and takes over.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I’d be okay with the Bogosian signing, but I want him as a veteran backup. Bean and a maybe a few of the others deserve a shot first, this is the time you give them an opportunity. Let’s see if one can step up and take the open roster spot. If not, Bogosian slides in and takes over.

I want to see Keane, shiny new toy or not, he looked amazing last night from the tiny bit I saw of the Checkers game.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'd do a conditional pick for one of Miller, Dell, Anderson (3rd, 2nd if the Canes make the conference finals with them playing >x number of games as the starter). Maybe kick the tires on Georgiev if we think he could be something long-term but if the ask is higher than our 2nd they can pound sand.

Otherwise, it's Ned time.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I love me some Lehner, but this is the perfect chance for Ned to show his stuff. If need be, Forsberg is serviceable at the NHL level as well, so if we stand pat in goal, it's probably not the end of the world.

Our defense though...

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Ned, Forsberg while rotating through the more experienced and defensive minded Charlotte d. While we’d like to see Bean, history with the Borg shows that they give the guys on the roster bigger roles while generally calling up people who are good at being fourth liners and third pair guys. Maybe Bean gets a sniff but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Forsling, Mckeown, and Claesson. Forsling isn’t the most defensive but he’s got a ton of pro experience.

Last edited:

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Pulling out some reverse-psych mumbo-jumbo, does it make sense to nothing, rely on what you have and tell the team we believe in you?

(I still think they will have to make a move for a G regardless)
It's a good question... do you try to get that 3rd period level of ass busting again by saying we believe in you you can do it? Or do you reward it with saying hey here's some reinforcements, go out there and keep doing it? I dont know. I feel like they'll have to get someone to play goal whether its Raleigh or Charlotte or Greenville I dont think theres enough goalies to go around

Reactions: Tryamw

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
I'd roll with what we got unless someone wants Dzingel. The timing of this was awful considering trading Gauthier for a non roster player and the reasonable trades for Demelo and Dillon

Reactions: DaveG

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

If so, I will miss his sweet self. But probably better for him and us.

He’s the 1 roster player I could see moved at this point. I’ve heard Haula’s name out there, but don’t see it as a possibility. He’s finally settled into a role with Necas and Niederreiter that provides the team much needed and so far, reliable secondary scoring.

Also, after last night, how in the world can you mess with the room? Those guys pulled together like I’ve never seen a team do in that 3rd period. Yesterday, I was all about moving TVR, Edmundson or Haula for picks. Now, just can’t see it, need them all and I don’t think you can mess with whatever mojo in the room they took from last night.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
He’s the 1 roster player I could see moved at this point. I’ve heard Haula’s name out there, but don’t see it as a possibility. He’s finally settled into a role with Necas and Niederreiter that provides the team much needed and so far, reliable secondary scoring.

Also, after last night, how in the world can you mess with the room? Those guys pulled together like I’ve never seen a team do in that 3rd period. Yesterday, I was all about moving TVR, Edmundson or Haula for picks. Now, just can’t see it, need them all and I don’t think you can mess with whatever mojo in the room they took from last night.

type all this up then see this:

No idea if it’s a legit source, but that’s an interesting take:

-Pens sign Bogosian
-Pens trade Shultz to CAR as a rental for Haula as a rental

In a weird way, seems like something the front office would really consider.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018

We would need someone to fill properly the 4th line center AND SOMETHING TO BOOT for it to be even remotely sensible.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
If Bogosian is healthy enough to hold a third pair spot, with the history he has with DW it wouldn’t surprise me if we tried that.

Rod would love him. He’s an old school dman with character.

I’m not pining for it, other than I like that we don’t give up assets for it. Pay him a little more than everyone else is and there’s your depth to get through the tough times and you won’t mind having him as an extra if we make the playoffs.

I’ll say again, I’m an advocate of using Charlotte for this problem but I highly doubt our coach is.

Last edited:

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Haula for Schultz is epic win for Pens.

Yes, I'm now of the belief that the smart move is to hold every single player on the ice last night for the rest of the season. These guys are good, and the locker room right now is at the most unified that it's ever been this season. Get some stopgaps, see who wants it the most, and ride the storm until Dougie and Brett are back.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
BTW, guys, this is where having Dundon instead of Karmanos may have saved the season. You see, Forsberg got a 1-way deal in arbitration and was sent to Charlotte anyways. During the JR/Karmanos era, you very well could've seen a similar thing that they did to Brian Boucher and had Forsberg cash-dumped and attached to a long-shot prospect (say, Lorentz). Instead, Dundon and the new FO let him stick around and play with Ned, and as it turns out, they're now likely to need both of them for at least the next week or so. It feels so good to have an ownership team that doesn't (overly) meddle with the hockey guys and is mainly there just to sign the checks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad