All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread Pt 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
No offense to the lord and savior, but any chance Williams will ever be the healthy extra. He hasn’t been very good the last five games or so.

yseqjPU.png

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

What up HF Canes. Don't know if you people are talking about this in your GDT or not, but apparently the Canes have already contacted the Hawks about trying to fix your current goaltending predicament.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Lehner could be a stabilizing force in net we've needed this year if we can bring him in. And if we can get him to sign an extension it could end up being a blessing in disguise all things considered

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I don't want to trade for a D, but do you go with this instead??

Slavin-TVR
Gardiner-Fleury
Bean-Edmundson (or Edmundson-Keane)

Yeah, need a D, preferably righty. Too bad Gus is a lefty, could have worked out a package deal.

Now Bogo actually makes a ton of sense, unforunately. Yes, he's no analytics dream, but he's defense for free, no draft picks required. Once guys like Hamilton and Pesce are back, off to the bench he goes.

Reactions: Chrispy

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Sign (gulp) Bogosian

Trade a 3rd for Craig Anderson

Call up Nedeljkovic

Preserve the future?

Reactions: DaveG

2Minutes4Surging

Jul 5, 2017
Durham, NC
We have Bean, Kaski, Keane, Forsling and McKeown. We have Nedelkovic and Forsberg. We don’t need to trade for a band-aid. We are barely in a playoff position. We have sat on our hands for months. Why over pay for something now? Call up the Checkers. Don’t make a move unless it makes sense long term. We have great assets that can get us real player in the offseason. This sucks.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
I can't believe im saying this but i would much rather miss the playoffs then overpay for rentals. If they want to do a similar situation to faulk where we can work out a extension before hand then i am all for it.

Nah, I prefer playoffs over no moves: a huge reason that Dundon's willing to spend to the cap at all is because he believes that we can contend. I just don't think that our team actually needs any rentals even with all of these injuries. We have this huge amount of depth that we've built up in Charlotte, particularly on defense, just for times like these.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I still say go for it as far as making some trades, just not with as much vigor as before. Of course, don't go crazy mortgaging the future, but I still think we can cobble together a pretty good playoff team pending the projected lengths of absences of our guys and Hamilton possibly coming back late as hoped.

Don't bother with moving the 1sts, but I think there are moves to be had out there that still won't kill us in the future but that are necessary. I still think making the playoffs this year is crazy important, though most of us hardcore fans will certainly understand if they don't given the position we now find ourselves in.

Overall, higher moves than the Anderson's and Bogosian's of the world, but nothing insane.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I can't believe im saying this but i would much rather miss the playoffs then overpay for rentals. If they want to do a similar situation to faulk where we can work out a extension before hand then i am all for it.

I’d think that’s what they’re (hopefully) going to try to do.

A 1st rd pick is not something you throw away for a short term solution. And, with their noted dislike of rentals, I cannot see, even with this adversity, them making a panic trade.

If worse comes to worse, there’s guys like Forsling and Claesson in Charlotte who have played 3rd pair NHL minutes and Forsberg has been an NHL backup, Nedeljkovic a year removed from being the best goalie in the AHL.

However, I’d be shocked if there wasn’t at least a move for a G. Lehner seems obvious. Anderson in OTT too. I guess next we’ll all be glued to Twitter for the next 36hrs or so, hoping they don’t do something stupid.

Reactions: FreshSeabass

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
I feel like Dell would be a really solid pick up for you guys. Hes seriously underrated and would probably cost only a conditional third

Is Dell another Reimer situation, where the defensive issues and overall bad year for San Jose is masking his overall ability? If that's the case, I wouldn't be against it.

Reactions: themelkman

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I said it on the main board, but barring getting Lehner, I'd love a 3rd that could move to a 2nd for Dell. That'd be a solid move without killing our assets.

I wouldn't touch Craig Anderson. But maybe he'd work out.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Gustafsson isn't a slam dunk fit. Gardiner occupies that offensive LHD spot in the Top 4. Give Bean or Keane a crack at a sheltered 3rd role instead.

Also, I think it would be cheaper to acquire two pieces separately. Bundle the two Hawks together and they're going to ask for a 1st. That's a bad idea given the key injuries to this team and Toronto's general apathy. A mid-1st for a rental would be awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad