All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread Pt 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'd rather have good, healthy Haula than McGinn, but right now, it'd be close at least. I do think Haula has looked better for a few games, and I don't think we need to make that decision on either right now. Just hold onto them unless something good comes along for them or to replace them.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Little confused as to why Toronto would trade him. Ya he’s not great but defense is still a big area of need for them. They won’t get a better d back and futures don’t help them right now as they’re fighting for a playoff spot.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Pension Plan Puppets Posted this Rumor regarding possible McDavid Toronto Trade

Totally real and not made up sources claim the Leafs are trading for McDavid
By elseldo@ElSeldo Feb 19, 2020, 6:00am EST
Late last night I got a text from a source I have deep in the Leafs organization, they were demanding anonymity so I’ll refer to them as H. Jass. No, wait, that’s too obvious. We’ll call them Hugh J.
Hugh J. has access to the Leafs front office and they had to wake me up from my favourite activity - being dead to the world - and tell me about this deal that is being worked on night and day. Apparently the Edmonton Oilers have been big enough f*** ups that they’ve finally pushed their captain Connor McDavid to the point of demanding a trade. Now, I’ve covered this in detail a few weeks ago, but after McDavid’s most recent injury, his reluctance to trust anyone in Edmonton is further proof he wants out, and his rehab taking place in Toronto not only takes the quality of the work he’ll get here into account, but also it sets him up to start house shopping.
Hugh has seen the emails coming in back and forth between the two teams and Oilers GM Ken Holland has apparently told Leafs GM Kyle Dubas that “The entitled punk can go rot in Toronto for all I care, we have Leon Draisital picking up his slack.”
The Oilers are so desperate to rid themselves of a player who, in one Oilers staffers words “Is a giant bummer to have around, who spends all his time in the locker room reading Toronto Lifemagazine and watching Raptors highlights”, that they’re willing to retain 50% of McDavid’s cap hit to make the trade work.
Leaked emails show that the potential deal would be Cody Ceci, Andreas Johnsson, Martin Marincin, Justin Holl, Jeremy Bracco, and a 2020 7th in exchange for Connor McDavid with a 50% salary retention and a 2022 6th round pick to “make it even”.
My source Hugh J. says that “this may take until the last second of the deadline, but may also not go through because a lot of this is a work in progress with many balls in the air and lots of moving pieces”. There’s a chance things fall apart, but they could stay together, or the entire deal could shift into becoming Adam Larrson for Holl, Bracco, and a 3rd.
Wednesday’s FTB: Totally real and not made up sources claim the Leafs are trading for McDavid

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Canes were after Kase too per LeBrun:

That the Hurricanes got in there shouldn’t be a surprise given that Kase is the player they wanted from Anaheim in the failed Justin Faulk trade back in September. The Canes have liked Kase for a long time. My understanding is that they offered a second-round pick and a prospect for Kase. The Canes have two second-round picks in June, the Rangers’ and their own, so it would have been interesting to know which one they offered. A low first-round pick from Boston or the Rangers’ second-round pick (and no Backes contract) plus a prospect? But clearly Anaheim went the Boston route for a reason.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
dundon is not a patient man. he has been patient for a bit, but he's agonizing over this team as he will openly tell you. i think he suspects we might be closer than we are. the reported interest in barrie would be sincere in my opinion. they have a type at this point and it's hard to ignore. toronto has an edict to loosen up the top end of their salary in order to finance a better bottom six. they can't keep developing them and trading them. barrie hasn't been the gamebreaker they thought he would be, which is no surprise circumstantially. barrie was the colorado version of morgan rielly and had the entire team at his disposal in a powerplay centered around him. it was too many cooks in the kitchen. plus, he just never looked comfortable. i think there's a certain personality type required to play in toronto and the culture shock can be extreme. i think they cast their eyes towards free agency with the space they create for themselves. dubas learned a hard lesson in the marleau deal about salary mismanagement. he can't afford to make a mistake with an inconsistent barrie long term and i think they view rasmus sandin and liljegren as the future due to their immense value rookie deals. mostly, it's just the fit that's bad with barrie and he had a bad time and bad place to have a bad season. if the canes brass are considering it, they're considering it because they're prepared to make him a big offer contractually in my opinion. the question remains though if toronto would be willing to take the heat they would take if they didn't get an nhl player back in the deal. that might be prohibitive.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I’m tempted to post TVR + something like the BUF 3rd for Barrie, but I doubt very much that’d go over well.

Screw it, let’s see what happens.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Sign Bogosian, trade Edmundson or TVR for a 2nd or 3rd, then trade acquired pick + BUF 3rd to NJD for Vatanen?

Way too much turnover I suppose....

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
You guys are taking the Bogosian "interest" much too seriously. As I've said before, the Canes are interested in every defensemen, hence they are interested in no defensemen. Expect the unexpected with this Borg, IOW. My dark-horse prediction is that TJ Brodie becomes a Cane, with an extension in place, by Monday, in exchange for Edmundson, Bean, and the Canes' 2020 2nd. He's too good of a fit for this organization for them to not get him. One of the very few defensemen out there (along with Nate Schmidt and Cam Fowler) that is effective as a positional swingman, playing both sides of the defensive rink effectively. IMO, he's the ideal defense partner for Gardiner, and someone who can place Slavin and Pesce into their own, ultra-defensive pairing long-term.

Gardiner-Brodie
Slavin-Pesce
Fleury-Van Riemsdyk

and when Dougie returns:

Slavin-Hamilton
Gardiner-Brodie
Fleury-Pesce
Van Riemsdyk

or

Brodie-Hamilton
Slavin-Pesce
Gardiner-Van Riemsdyk