Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
MAXIM SHALUNOV now has equaled his goals(14) and points (25) production of last season already in 8 less GP......It took hom 47 games last season to get to these totals ...but he has done it in 39 GP this season so far.

Not that he is any great scoring star in the KHL ...but probably ok for a guy not used on the top line of CSKA...hard for 2nd line guys to be the big scoring stars in that league.

His contract of course ends after this season and he probably wants to try the NHL...but Hawks to sign him would probably have to include an out clause to let him go back to the KHL if he fails to stick on the Hawks roster for the Show in 2020/21.

He may be necessary because of cap reasons since they probably have to trade Saad to get cap space...

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
MAXIM SHALUNOV now has equaled his goals(14) and points (25) production of last season already in 8 less GP......It took hom 47 games last season to get to these totals ...but he has done it in 39 GP this season so far.

Not that he is any great scoring star in the KHL ...but probably ok for a guy not used on the top line of CSKA...hard for 2nd line guys to be the big scoring stars in that league.

His contract of course ends after this season and he probably wants to try the NHL...but Hawks to sign him would probably have to include an out clause to let him go back to the KHL if he fails to stick on the Hawks roster for the Show in 2020/21.

He may be necessary because of cap reasons since they probably have to trade Saad to get cap space...

He's 27. If he was inclined to come over, I think he'd be here already.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Wheeler has Shea at 7th best prospect (including Boqvist), so I'd say definitely worth signing. An under the radar guy, for sure.

I was really surprised to see him at 7th. Didn't rate him much before, but the write up makes it sound like he's a pretty good prospect going forward. I'll watch him more, never hurts to have another D man with some potential.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can

Vlasic is a defensive gem in the making.
Plays within his strengths, keeps the cover on his defensive position, not giving up space in pursuit.

For a 1st year as a full 18yr old College d-man, pretty impressive

OK, just one game viewing, but really liked what I saw.
Wise, nice motor , needs to up the creativity for advancement opportunity.
Not a lot of ice time in 3rd and don’t think he had any at all in the the two O/T’s.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Plays within his strengths, keeps the cover on his defensive position, not giving up space in pursuit.

Not a lot of ice time in 3rd and don’t think he had any at all in the the two O/T’s.
Was actually gonna post about Vlasic. Tuned in to watch wise and honestly forgot Vlasic was on that team until he was the one I noticed more of. He plays real well in his own zone and uses that long stick really effectively on the PK. All clean exits coming off his stick out of the zone. Like you said looked really strong for an 18 year old freshman on defense.

Hes the perfect compliment to what we already have in our defensive prospects.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

He is going to look really good playing next to Boqvist or Mitchell.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Does anyone know if this Garrett Mitchell guy is related to Ian??? Looked around and couldn't see if there was any relation, but was curious if Bowman was pulling a Sikura by picking up a family member to play in Rockford?

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Does anyone know if this Garrett Mitchell guy is related to Ian??? Looked around and couldn't see if there was any relation, but was curious if Bowman was pulling a Sikura by picking up a family member to play in Rockford?
I don’t think so. Ian has a younger brother but it’s not him. I know Ian had an uncle who played in the NHL. Could be a cousin but I don’t think so.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I wonder if Igor Geraskin is someone the Hawks take a look at. His contract is up this year and at 21 years old, he leads his KHL team in points. He's on the smaller side, but he's got speed and can make shifty plays. Maybe they sign this guy and bring over Altybarmakyan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad