Jan 7, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
@Kevin Musto

Coming into today:

Teply: 17-22-39 in 35 GP in the WHL

Teply has 1+1 today

Keppen: 10-16-26 in 41 GP in the OHL

:huh:
Keppen's game will translate to the NHL. Teply will get eaten alive.
I've been to a fair bit of Ice games this season and his production looks better than his play (imo). Everytime I watch him play I leave wanting more from him.

Don't know too much about Keppen since I mostly only follow the WHL but unless Teply makes significant improvements to his skating as well as play away from the puck, my hopes aren't high.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
10 upcoming college UFAs that could be of interest to the Hawks:

-Cale Morris
-Peyton Jones
-Nate Sucese
-Alex Limoges
-Patrick Khodorenko
-Marc Michaelis
-Mitchell Chaffee
-Alec Rauhauser
-Johnny Walker
-Brinson Pasichnuk

Reactions: ColdSteel2 and LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
10 upcoming college UFAs that could be of interest to the Hawks:

-Cale Morris
-Peyton Jones
-Nate Sucese
-Alex Limoges
-Patrick Khodorenko
-Marc Michaelis
-Mitchell Chaffee
-Alec Rauhauser
-Johnny Walker
-Brinson Pasichnuk
the Bhawks have their bottom 6 already in the system whether they are signed or have been drafted. there are 2 forwards in the college ranks on the forward position i kinda like and 2 on the defensive side. those 2 are rhd.

there is 1 in the over-age lhd that is really intriguing ..... he is a lhd tall and is projected to make any nhl team..... now i can see maybe as a 3 pairing to start with. it has been said that his defensive skill is good but it would be his scoring that will make him an nhl player......... a younger Gus ??

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Brett Neumann is an OHL player that went undrafted. He'll be a free agent and the Hawks should look into signing him.

He plays like DeBrincat, but fast.

Reactions: LDF

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Keppen's game will translate to the NHL. Teply will get eaten alive.
Can't argue about Teply's skating, but I don't think Keppen is NHL material either.

I think Teply has a better chance. He produces more. If Teply was a better skater he'd have been a 2nd round pick. Teply has loads of NHL tools, his skating is the only thing holding him back. I won't argue that it's the huge elephant in the room with him. If Teply never makes it to the NHL, it will be all about his skating.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
For the goalie thing, we've carried 3 goalies all season. Tommy has been really good. Deserves a contract.

One of Corey or Robin will be gone. one of the 3 will move up and Lankinen gets resigned (ignore his recent stats. the team has been a dumpster fire)

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Brett Neumann is an OHL player that went undrafted. He'll be a free agent and the Hawks should look into signing him.

He plays like DeBrincat, but fast.
i am all for bringing bodies...... and yes let their talent be showcase .......

very good.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I'm beyond surprised that the Hawks still have a top half of the league prospect pool after Dach and Boqvist graduated.

Scott Wheeler's rankings? Yeah I was surprised we didn't take a big fall after losing Dach, Boqvist and Nylander all. But I also think it's in part coz the teams behind us on that list really have poor pools. Some teams are surprisingly lack luster.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Auditing my mock picks from last year as I research this year

8th overall: F Kirby Dach (actual: 3rd) I think we know how this worked out. Crazy he was there at 8 at the time
38th overall: F Egor Afanasyev (actual: 45th) Leading his OHL team in points though he didn't quite take the step that I expected this year
100th overall: F Lucas Feuk (actual: 116th) Might've missed on this one. Struggling to transition to the next level with only 2 points in SWE-2 this year
122th overall: D Mason Millman (actual: 103rd) Pretty proud of this one since he was on no one's radar (except the Flyers, apparently). Having a nice year with 12 goals.
155th overall: G Lukas Parik (actual: 87th) Looking pretty good for Spokane this year, though obviously he wasn't on the board when the Hawks made even their third choice
162nd overall: F Jack Malone (actual: 180th) Getting regular minutes for the #1 team in the country as a D+1 is all one could hope for and more in the 6ht round
191th overall: F Zachary Okabe (undrafted) The only undrafted player, Okabe has nonetheless also played regularly D+1 for a top team

Can't complain too much there. Took Amirov at #12 in the first mock this year so far.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Watched a bit of the Notre Dame at Penn State game ...ND won it 4-3 via a shoot-out that went 7 rounds before a goal went in...

You could say either both teams were atrocious in the shoot-out or that the goalies for both were outstanding each stopping 6 shooters before finally in the 7th round ND got one past Jones after Moriss had already stopped the 7th Penn State Shooter...

BUT our prospect Evan Barrat only went 6th on the Penn State lit of shooters...If he is that good of a prospect for us and his past trusts 5 other players on his team ahead of him...that is not speaking well about Barratt being anything that special...Then when you saw how poorly Barratt's shooting chance developed.. from the too slow speed and the not very good fakes ,maybe you suspect tge coach knew something about not trusting Barratt much to win it earlier..Bekieve me...his moves were pathetic

Now ..I also was watching the Ottaw 67s (best junior team in Canada) play Hamilton tonight in OHL action...for some reason 67s were All off from their usual top game tonight. The score was 2-2 late into the 3rd period...

Then Ottawa,got lucky..A long shot from the point bounced of Marco Rossi who got credit forctge goal and so they go up 3-2 ...A few minutes,after that on another shift,Rossi gets open to receive a pass with no dman to check him...so a clear path to shoot on goal...99.9% of leaguecleadibg scorers or any player in that situationwoukd have just shot the puck to try to beat the goalie...but somehow...Rossi instinctively knew his dman had rushed in from the point right behind him so follow up if a rebound is given up from what normally is a shot...so somehow he instinctively makes a no-look back pass right to that dman folowi g up the pkay..the goalie had cone iut to challenge the expected shot from Rossi and so was out of position to handle the shot of the dman receiving the pass from Rossi...so in effect Rossi made the unexpected play which was the correct play because it created a better scoring chance I to a gaping net with no angle covered ...But 99.9% of players I that position would just have shot the puck..this was all split second stuff..but Rosdi makes the better play...hiw does he do this?It is uncanny at his hockey sense for maki g the better choice.and all at instant decision tome..I have see stuff like this from Rosdi alk season.World class talent and hockey sensual with plays that hapoe lightning quick...this is not the slow it down...delay and dangle then find open man style Kame uses. This is bang...bang .lifhtining quick decuons to make the best play the circumstance gives you.So you just let your jaw drop .you just do not see stuff line this...And How did he know his dman woukd be there for that surprising g drop-pass right on his stick...you could only make that play with eyes in the back of your head.. ut thatcis impossible..I do not know how Rossi can do this. ..but you get these world class playmaking gems from him often.It is truely amazing.

Finally as tge mo utes dwindle down Hamiltopn pulls their goalie now down 4-2...

Naturally it is Rosdicagain who tracks down a loose puck in his zone..moves ut up into the Hamikton zone and tou expect him to just shoot into the empty net..Instead he unselfishly makes a long cross-ice pass to an open wi ger on the other sideboards who is also open and let's hom score the goal instead(it was Jack Quinn the leading goal scorer I the OHL)...but in retrospect this was not Rissi merely being unselfish...but rather again an example of making the right play...because while he could have taken a shot at the empty net himself he would have had to perhaps still get past the lobe dman back . .of course Rossi with his skating and shotccoukd have easily made a move and gotten a good shot off.. But he knew that by Passing to Quinn that it would be an even more certain goal because Quin had no dman between him and the net..So reLky this wS Rossi. Again making the correct and easiest chance for success pay.

Itvis justxMazibng how his hockey mind works

So here usxa game where for almost the entire game Rossi (and in fact nearly all the 67s were not having their usual top games and jump ) was "iff" from hos best yet stil gets the GWG..(you gotta be lucky sometimes,as thecgreat ones also seem to be) ,then makes a world class assist . On the insurance goal. And makes a surprising g but agaibcorrext play in setting up the empty net 2nd insurance goal.

3 points in a few minutes. And not even his best game.
Whoever draftsxRossi is getting a tremendously hockeybpkayer and with special sense for making the right play.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
We're at 13 in Scott Wheeler's prospect rankings, and still no Blackhawks.
They have to be coming up soon, they were 10th in Pronman's rankings, and that included Dach/Boqvist/Nylander. I'll be surprised if they sneak into the top 10.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
Watched a bit of the Notre Dame at Penn State game ...ND won it 4-3 via a shoot-out that went 7 rounds before a goal went in...

You could say either both teams were atrocious in the shoot-out or that the goalies for both were outstanding each stopping 6 shooters before finally in the 7th round ND got one past Jones after Moriss had already stopped the 7th Penn State Shooter...

BUT our prospect Evan Barrat only went 6th on the Penn State lit of shooters...If he is that good of a prospect for us and his past trusts 5 other players on his team ahead of him...that is not speaking well about Barratt being anything that special...Then when you saw how poorly Barratt's shooting chance developed.. from the too slow speed and the not very good fakes ,maybe you suspect tge coach knew something about not trusting Barratt much to win it earlier..Bekieve me...his moves were pathetic

This just in … Barrett sucks! Based on his shoot out attempt.:facepalm:

Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
What does the board think of Northeastern university dman Ryan Shea? He was the hawks 4th round pick back in 2015. He's a senior now and is putting up good numbers
23 games played 3 goals 19 assists.

Just wondering if he's worth signing.
Rockford will have some dmen coming out of their current deals. Tuulola and McCoshen. Both will be rfa's. With Mitchell the only other d prospect probably to sign after this
year. Also Regula coming in on his ELC.

Last edited:

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
What does the board think of Northeastern university dman Ryan Shea? He was the hawks 4th round pick back in 2015. He's a senior now and is putting up good numbers
23 games played 3 goals 19 assists.

Just wondering if he's worth signing.
Rockford will have some dmen coming out of their current deals. Tuulola and McCoshen. Both will be rfa's. With Mitchell the only other d prospect probably to sign after this
year. Also Regula coming in on his ELC.

Wheeler has Shea at 7th best prospect (including Boqvist), so I'd say definitely worth signing. An under the radar guy, for sure.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
We're at 13 in Scott Wheeler's prospect rankings, and still no Blackhawks.
They have to be coming up soon, they were 10th in Pronman's rankings, and that included Dach/Boqvist/Nylander. I'll be surprised if they sneak into the top 10.

:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad