Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
When they drafted Shea he was 176lbs on a 6'1 frame...

Now listedxat 195lbs...but he really looked buffed up and bulkier even than that..

He us the Nottheastern Captain and the tv play by play guys said he logs 25-28 mo utes a game most games now.

They use hom on theie1st pp unit at point and onthe pk...

Not saying he will be a top 4 guy.. but certainly another 3rd pair contender forca spot.

He clearly has developed and progressed to be a lit better than his freshman and soph years version..

So when we might have written him off as not worthy of signing a few years ago ..now he does seem like he should be signed.At least to start in Rockford or whatever our AHL team will be next season..

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
When they drafted Shea he was 176lbs on a 6'1 frame...

Now listedxat 195lbs...but he really looked buffed up and bulkier even than that..

He us the Nottheastern Captain and the tv play by play guys said he logs 25-28 mo utes a game most games now.

They use hom on theie1st pp unit at point and onthe pk...

Not saying he will be a top 4 guy.. but certainly another 3rd pair contender forca spot.

He clearly has developed and progressed to be a lit better than his freshman and soph years version..

So when we might have written him off as not worthy of signing a few years ago ..now he does seem like he should be signed.At least to start in Rockford or whatever our AHL team will be next season..
Wheeler had him as the 7th best prospect last month. Boqvist was on the list, so Shea was 6th among guys not on the Hawks.

Sounds like he's come a long way.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Wheeler had him as the 7th best prospect last month. Boqvist was on the list, so Shea was 6th among guys not on the Hawks.

Sounds like he's come a long way.
He really has. He's a fun player to watch for all the little things he does. Really good decision making, always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Big minute eater for NU and rightfully so.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Lokomotov beat Dynamo Minsk 4-1 today...back in the lineup after missing last game was Hawks draftee Artur Kayumov (not sure if he was injured or sick or benched last game) ..but he produced 1g+1a in the win today.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Also from the KHL today...Maxim Shaluniv was pointless and -1 in a CSKA Moscow 3-2 loss to Barys...but I noted that our old pal Klas Dahl eck got his 1st goal of the season for CSKA ...not many pints but he is +21 and he was +24 for them last season...so amongst the bestxSAH dmen in the KHL. tge oast 2 seasons.

He was another Hawks pick we failed to develop and never did much in the nhl even defensively...

But remember to 2013-14 in Rockford where he was 10g and 25a and +24 ...methinks Rockford would be gushing over any ifbits cirrentvdmen doingvthat this season.

So the questio is ...did Fahlbeck finally improve as he got more experience after several pro years in various leagues OR is the KHL hust a bad league?

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I don't understand how someone can be so **** at spelling or typing.
Like I've said, if he can't be bothered to spell check them, I can't be bothered to read them.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
3 more assists today for Adam Tambellini. 23g 25a in 31 games for MODO. Former 3rd round pick, 25 years old, 6'4" 200lbs.

From what I can gather watching highlights he seems to have good wheels, plays well around the net, and plays the point on the PP.

Not sure what happened to him in the Rangers org, maybe just a late bloomer. Going back and reading threads it seemed like everyone was excited about his potential but he was very raw when drafted. I think he's worth a look. He should already be on the Hawks radar being as how he plays on the same team as From.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Watching Mitchell right now and Bobby Brink looks like he just f***ed his knee up bad. Could hurt Denver’s chances this spring. I really hope Rockford makes the playoffs so we can get Mitchell some AHL playoff experience before camp next season.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Watching Mitchell right now and Bobby Brink looks like he just ****ed his knee up bad. Could hurt
Denver’s chances this spring. I really hope Rockford makes the playoffs so we can get Mitchell some AHL playoff experience before camp next
season.

Shame about brink, he's a good looking player. So hopefully nothing bad. As far as Rockford they might need to make a minor trade or two to help them out. Ala Peter holland or Jordan Schroeder.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Watching the London at Ittawa game...about half-way I 3rd period as I started posting this...

Alec Regula put London up 2-1 a few minutes ago then Matco Rossi tird it up with a goal contested twice ...first refs hadvto reviewvifvhe in with his hand...no..then Dale Hinter challenges for goalievinterference...reviewed again ...challenge failed..but Rosdi seemed to get hurt.. came off leaning over and loked like axshouldervor arm injury... it that scre for Ottawa proved just a scare..he seems ok after amounted on the bench during gvthecreviess.

Chances galore at both ends in this game ...and hit posts and ctoss-bars (Ottaw hit 4 .. London 1 or maybe two...not sure I recall a 2nd hitbpistbor not for them)...but lots of a tion and scoring chances...both goalies making big saves.

So now 5 minutes remain and score 2-2...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
London's John Grudenjust scored on a rebound with a bit over a minute left...and London adds an empty net goal to win 4-2.

Ottawa outshot London 45 to 29....Brochu had a great game in net for Londonwith 43 saves and sone luck (Ottawa hit those 4 posts by early in 2nd poeriod...if those had gone in 67s would have led 5-1 at that point ..but no puck luck tonight for Ottawa.

Both teams played very well but as usual goaltending and luck play Hige parts in many wins and did do in this game.

1st time thus season Ottaaa has lost back to back games at home...
And lust 3 of last 4cgames.

Well they had huge winning steak before that...not unusial to hit some rough patches during a king season ..Still onlyv 9th loss of the season for them...
Normally Ottawa wins the 3rd period of games.. but not today.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Like I've said, if he can't be bothered to spell check them, I can't be bothered to read them.
Deciphering is part of the fun. At least now he paragraph breaks.

However, I refuse to quote him because he never responds (except of course to say that he fixed his typos).

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Watched Regula Friday night live. He was OK, nothing special, still came away with at least 2 goals (maybe an assist?)

London uses him in front of the net on the PP, that's where he picked up one of his goals, the other was in to an empty net. He didn't really stick out much to me, but that is probably an OK thing for a guy like him.

Reactions: ray c

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Watched Regula Friday night live. He was OK, nothing special, still came away with at least 2 goals (maybe an assist?)

London uses him in front of the net on the PP, that's where he picked up one of his goals, the other was in to an empty net. He didn't really stick out much to me, but that is probably an OK thing for a guy like him.

His ceiling is a middle pairing guy. I think he will end up as a 4/5 guy if he develops.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
His ceiling is a middle pairing guy. I think he will end up as a 4/5 guy if he develops.
I'd agree. The issue is that the Hawks have all of these guys that top out at a #3 level but they don't have anyone who can be a top pairing guy outside of Boqvist. Even if Boqvist becomes a #1D he's going to be an Erik Karlsson type and not a Keith type.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I'd agree. The issue is that the Hawks have all of these guys that top out at a #3 level but they don't have
anyone who can be a top pairing guy outside of Boqvist. Even if Boqvist becomes a #1D he's going to be an
Erik Karlsson type and not a Keith type.

If he becomes Erik Karlsson that's a number one dman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad