Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
There haven't been any Hawks players traded since Panarin that I've missed (well Hossa but that was different) but if Crow gets moved I'll miss him.
I actually agree here, but you can argue that they should have targeted different assets for Panarin. Panarin was too good for the Hawks to be able to afford long-term. It is what it is.

I don't think anyone really misses Teravainen or Jokiharju either, they just have a problem with how Stan used their trade value and what he got in return.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I actually agree here, but you can argue that they should have targeted different assets for Panarin. Panarin was too good for the Hawks to be able to afford long-term. It is what it is.

I don't think anyone really misses Teravainen or Jokiharju either, they just have a problem with how Stan used their trade value and what he got in return.

I really miss TT so you are pretty wrong in your assumption.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

lol

I rue sacrificing TT to move Bickell's contract virtually daily. That said, Bowman was between a rock and a hard place.

FWLIW, I'm fine with the Joker trade. Check back in a couple of years, lol.

Reactions: d rake

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I really miss TT so you are pretty wrong in your assumption.
It took a season and a half after TT was traded for him to become anything, so complaining about him is a bit of revisionist history. I think Stan should have done a Schmaltz/Strome type change of scenery move with him, but anything beyond that is just hindsight blaming.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It took a season and a half after TT was traded for him to become anything, so complaining about him is a bit of revisionist history. I think Stan should have done a Schmaltz/Strome type change of scenery move with him, but anything beyond that is just hindsight blaming.

I was the biggest TT supporter here. I understood the trade and why they made it but didn't like it. The revisionist history comment is just bullshit honestly.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I was the biggest TT supporter here. I understood the trade and why they made it but didn't like it. The revisionist history comment is just bull**** honestly.
TT drew a LOT of the same ire Nylander does. Both, at age 21-22 were talented players that hadn't shown more than flashes of high level play.

On a different board in a different sport, I was a staunch defender of Lucas Giolito throughout 2018 when he was the worst pitcher in baseball. However, even I couldn't have seen that guy being a top 10 pitcher in baseball a season later.

Kinda the same thing. You expect gradual improvement over time, rather than an explosive breakout.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
TT drew a LOT of the same ire Nylander does. Both, at age 21-22 were talented players that hadn't shown more than flashes of high level play.

On a different board in a different sport, I was a staunch defender of Lucas Giolito throughout 2018 when he was the worst pitcher in baseball. However, even I couldn't have seen that guy being a top 10 pitcher in baseball a season later.

Kinda the same thing. You expect gradual improvement over time, rather than an explosive breakout.

And how have I been in the evaluation of Nylander? It is the same way I was with TT.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You've been good with him. It wasn't that was more directed at others than you. But everyone forgets how TT was a whipping boy during his time here as well.
He was inconsistent for sure. But he showed how great he can be when he was playing well. I can't say the same for Nylander. Nylander playing well still looks like a depth forward, not a top 6 forward.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

@Kevin Musto right now.

image0000001(8).gif

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Watched the Saginaw at Ottawa OHL game this afternoon.. Ottawa won 5-2...but itcwas not one of their better games (they are to top termin the OHL and in the CHL ....but in this game Sagibaw outshot them by 41-27 ...still the score showed how Ottawa,can finish chances but Saginaw kept missing the net or stopped by Ottawa goalie Cedric Andree..

Anyways lit od s ourscin the building to see 2 maybec3 guys going top ten...Ottawa's Marco Rossi and Jack Qinn and Saginaw's Cole Perfetti..All 3 scored a goal...but for Perfeeti the 1 goal was his only point and he ended up -2 ..he did generate 6 shots on goal ..but what I noticed Bout Perfetti was how easily he got knocked off his feet by Ottawa...I countedx4 times ...This could e a problem for him against even bigger stringer NHL pros..

Rossi got Ottawa on the board early with his 28th goal 64 seconds into the game...He Lso got an assist on their 5th goal into an empty net by Jack Quinn (his 37th goal of the season)
Rossi finished +1 and he generated 3 shots on goal ... seen him play better but he also could have scored into to the empty net himself but showed he was unselfish and zmart with a great bank pass off the boards right to the rushing Quinn teyi got catch up with Rossi as he advanced to ward tthe Sagibaw blueline with 1 Saginaw player remaining to evade and Quinn received the bank pass off the boards right to his stick andeasily put in in the gaping net.

With the 2 points Rossi has 81 points and with his 1 goal Perfetti has 82 points..But he hasvpjayed 9 more games thn Rossi (37th game for Rossi ...46th game for Perfetti).

Rossi now is at +51 for the season which goes his mark of last season ...Already!

With the -2 ,Perfetti drops back to +34...

Anyway lots of scouts at the game the game ...but as I said .both Rossi and Quinn sod not have their best games despite both scoring..senn each play a lot better..but the entire Ottawa team did not play their best game today yet still won easily on the scoresheet.Tgeyxare deep and loadrdxwoth talent and are favouritesxtobbe the OHLbchampiimbs ..but you still gott win it.

Saginaw came into the game tied for 1st in points with Kitchener in the West Dovision of the OHL but with a game in hand ..so thus hame vs.Ottawa could be a pre-cursor to an OHL East vs.West Championship series later this Spring..but it will not be a lock that Saginaw emerges from the Westcwith Kitchenercand London posdibly being their nemesis.

The Ottawa,67s meanwhile got deeper and more dangerous because Austen Keating returned from injury the game prior...after not scoring in that game today he has 1g and 2a...Ottawa has so many weapons to beat you with this season.

Even when they do not pkayctgeir A game they still have such deep talent they can still put up lots of goals and they are stingy defensively butvifctgat too is off the have good goaltending to bail out a meh performance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad