All Purpose Podcast/Shoot Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
1) Why does ANYONE say "he's not a goldberg"? Goldberg had one run and then in the wrestling world he is pretty much a forgotten piece of wrestling history. I do not, for the life of me, believe he was some huge mega star. I could be wrong here... but he is nowhere near the top tier of wrestlers when you think of wrestling as a whole.

2) Lesnar/Punk put on a 5 star match and size was NEVER an issue. Cena/DB put on a 5 star match and size was never an issue. Hart/HBK, Jericho, Mysterio, HBK/Taker all have been tremendous wrestlers. SIZE DOESN'T MATTER.

Why do people still bring up the size argument? It's ****ing stupid.

Like said, Bagwell is stuck in a WCW locker room mentality where size is more important than anything.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Half of Part 2 of RVDs interview on Jericho's podcast was RVDs support of legalizing marijuana :laugh:

This reminds me of RVD doing a shoot interview once where he called Jericho a political *****.

1) Why does ANYONE say "he's not a goldberg"? Goldberg had one run and then in the wrestling world he is pretty much a forgotten piece of wrestling history. I do not, for the life of me, believe he was some huge mega star. I could be wrong here... but he is nowhere near the top tier of wrestlers when you think of wrestling as a whole.

Goldberg was not in the same tier as Rock, Hogan, Austin, but he was definitely a huge star and drew some huge money for WCW in 1998. WCW really screwed up by not having Goldberg as the focus in those last 3 years. Not many guys had the peak of Goldberg, although it was short lived. I think I would put Goldberg and Warrior in the same tier.

Haha Bagwell is so out of touch. He said that TNA should (or should have) brought him for a ratings boost.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
I'd say Goldberg was just as hot as Rock/Austin but much shorter time. The character didn't have the depth to last & wasn't great in the ring.

Warrior is good comparison in the wrestling world but Goldberg had much larger cross-over appeal.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Court Bauer on the "Bauer and Pollack" podcast (if you subscribe to the LAW or MLW on iTunes you get it) said he's heard certain people who are getting big pushes have found ways to beat the wellness policy. I can't say I'm shocked, seeing as it's clear guys are beating tests in other sports, why not pro wrestling.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Court Bauer on the "Bauer and Pollack" podcast (if you subscribe to the LAW or MLW on iTunes you get it) said he's heard certain people who are getting big pushes have found ways to beat the wellness policy. I can't say I'm shocked, seeing as it's clear guys are beating tests in other sports, why not pro wrestling.

I'd be shocked if all the wrestlers were actually adhering to the wellness policy. At least sports have an off-season. These guys only have one when they get injured.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Jericho Interview with Chris Nowinski was good. Talking about concussions and what Chris has done since he was forced into retirement.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Jericho Interview with Chris Nowinski was good. Talking about concussions and what Chris has done since he was forced into retirement.

It was actually a pretty good episode besides Jericho's weekly "WOW" "I didn't do know that" "Really?" "Haha!"

I'm just kidding. Jericho's pretty awesome.

But he said Brett Lindros was supposed to be better than Eric Lindros.... what?

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
It was actually a pretty good episode besides Jericho's weekly "WOW" "I didn't do know that" "Really?" "Haha!"

I'm just kidding. Jericho's pretty awesome.

But he said Brett Lindros was supposed to be better than Eric Lindros.... what?

Yeah, just shook my head at that

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
From how lita talked, it sounded like she and edge just said **** it and well started ****ing :laugh:

Don't blame them, though. If vince says GIT' NEKED! you get naked.

Oct 18, 2011
JR is starting to settle into this well, i enjoy him being 80% interviewer and 20% bs'ing as opposed to just shooting the breeze, and yeah jericho is doing a real good job. i like austin best when he answers fan mail

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
For any whipper snappers that haven't seen the match with trish vs lita main eventing raw (and it was discussed in jericho's podcast today)

Compare that to any divas match post maybe beth phoenix...what a train wreck.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
JR with Mick Foley was the Pod of the Week, IMO. Great stuff between two guys that have great chemistry.

Probably will skip Jericho with Lita, because she'll be on with JR next week and that will probably be better.

Love that Austin felt the need to tell the audience (on Thursday show) that he threw out a podcast he had recorded because he had too much to drink.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
JR with Mick Foley was the Pod of the Week, IMO. Great stuff between two guys that have great chemistry.

Probably will skip Jericho with Lita, because she'll be on with JR next week and that will probably be better.

Love that Austin felt the need to tell the audience (on Thursday show) that he threw out a podcast he had recorded because he had too much to drink.

The better part was him saying he was too tired to rub one out while he had the lubriderm out. He cracks me up.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
The Chris Nowinski interview with Jericho was great. Now I'm starting to understand more why there's no more chair shots to the head ;)

TIJ's Maria Menounos interview last week was a real stinker. I got like 20 minutes into it before I deleted it out of sheer boredom.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Like said, Bagwell is stuck in a WCW locker room mentality where size is more important than anything.

Since you've mentioned him, he's on Colt Cabana's podcast this past week and it was quite entertaining. He had some good stories about his life pre-wrestling, though I would imagine some of it has been more than mildly exaggerated.

I kinda wish Lita wasn't on Jericho's podcast, JR's podcast, and the PodcastOne 30 Yrs of WM podcast all at the same time, since I'm not really a fan of hers.

Austin seems to be going more with Q&A rather than guests lately and IMO he is really good at it.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
TIJ's Maria Menounos interview last week was a real stinker. I got like 20 minutes into it before I deleted it out of sheer boredom.

I really can't imagine she has anything relevant to say. She's barely interesting when Howard Stern is asking about her sex life.

Trivia: I went to college with her. She was a few years behind me.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I really can't imagine she has anything relevant to say. She's barely interesting when Howard Stern is asking about her sex life.

Trivia: I went to college with her. She was a few years behind me.

She basically plugged her reality show for what I heard of the interview.

Jericho also retweets people who have good things to say about a recently released interview. I don't think I saw a single one that even mentioned the Menounos interview. :laugh:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
it was ok...basically her talking about how great it was to learn and to get in the ring...i was entertained by the stuff other than wrestling

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
She basically plugged her reality show for what I heard of the interview.

Jericho also retweets people who have good things to say about a recently released interview. I don't think I saw a single one that even mentioned the Menounos interview. :laugh:

Jericho always does that, even with "But I'm Chris Jericho" (which I hope is continued eventually).

No idea why he decided to interview Menounos.

I'm behind in my podcast game, haven't listened to anything since the AOW with Ambrose, but I'm sure I'll have a bunch of gems to listen to when I get around to it again.

I hope Punk gets on AOW again down the road and maybe explains everything that happened. If there's a place he'll do it -- it'll be on Colt's podcast over anywhere else, unless he decides to write a book, which I'm crossing my fingers for.

WRITE A BOOK, PUNK.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I hope Punk gets on AOW again down the road and maybe explains everything that happened. If there's a place he'll do it -- it'll be on Colt's podcast over anywhere else, unless he decides to write a book, which I'm crossing my fingers for.

WRITE A BOOK, PUNK.

He'll give it to Colt so Colt's show will benefit rather than himself.

A Punk tell-all book would get all my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad